• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The race for 86 points

Agree. However I feel like waiting till March before I decide on where Spurs will finish. We are flying right now because everyone is playing the same number of games. Once Europe enters the equation, we will know if Poch has learnt his lesson from last season. Will he focus on qualifying for CL or winning a domestic cup or winning the Europa?

I still think we need to loan in a CM. Perhaps take in someone who is not playing in the EPL teams.

Such as??

I don't disagree but don't know who!!

Totally agree. They have a a full squad of absolute weapons

They don't though based on this season

As I've highlighted their Relinace on Costa is huge - he has scored or assisted over half their goals. They played really well without him but they played an awful Leicester side missing key players too. If Chelsea can keep in winning without Costa then wow...

Chelsea struggled to get past west bRom and needed a Costa wonder goal

They have a squad of clams, that id agree with

They don't though based on this season

As I've highlighted their Relinace on Costa is huge - he has scored or assisted over half their goals. They played really well without him but they played an awful Leicester side missing key players too. If Chelsea can keep in winning without Costa then wow...

Chelsea struggled to get past west bRom and needed a Costa wonder goal

They have a squad of clams, that id agree with

weapon

A term used to describe someone who is a spanner or a tool. A person who is extremely stupid and possibly ugly.
Ant: Hey mate, do you like my new burberry cap?
Jim: Nah mate, it's well brick. You look like a complete weapon!

Agree. However I feel like waiting till March before I decide on where Spurs will finish. We are flying right now because everyone is playing the same number of games. Once Europe enters the equation, we will know if Poch has learnt his lesson from last season. Will he focus on qualifying for CL or winning a domestic cup or winning the Europa?

I still think we need to loan in a CM. Perhaps take in someone who is not playing in the EPL teams.
What lesson was that ?

He bombed the EL when the top 4 (and CL qual looked secure) and we had the bonus of a shot at the title.

He will make the exact same decisions, as and when, this season.

CL qual is the remit. If the EL is the path of least resistance then we will take it.

I want us to win everything and love the glory of a final and some silverware. But the club are not thinking like this during the next 3-4 seasons and I'm OK with that.

What lesson was that ?

He bombed the EL when the top 4 (and CL qual looked secure) and we had the bonus of a shot at the title.

He will make the exact same decisions, as and when, this season.

CL qual is the remit. If the EL is the path of least resistance then we will take it.

I want us to win everything and love the glory of a final and some silverware. But the club are not thinking like this during the next 3-4 seasons and I'm OK with that.

I still maintain the FA Cup and a top 3 (hopefully higher) finish are well within are capabilities, we have reached semi finals of the FA and finished in the top 4 in recent seasons with arguably inferior squads. If we can progress further in the Europa WITHOUT it affecting our league form then great, otherwise I would rest players as AdamB suggested.

Let's compare squad depth with Chelsea, both using 343.

-----------------------lloris/vorm
-----------dier/ccv---toby/wimmer---vert/davies
walker/trippier----wanyama/dier---dembele/winks----rose/davies
-----------eriksen/lamela/sissoko----dele/son
-----------------------kane/janssen/son

additional: lopes (gk), onomah, n'koudou. 24 players total.

chelsea (i will have blanks here because I don't know their squad. you lot will have to help fill in the blanks)

-----------------------courtois/begovic
-----------azpilicueta/ivanovic---luiz/zouma---cahill/terry
moses/ivanovic----kante/xxxx---matic/fabregas----alonso/xxxxx
-----------hazard/willian/----pedro/xxxxxx
-----------------------costa/batsomething/

additonal: ake, loftus-something (?). 20 players, no doubt i've missed a few.

I think their squad of centre-backs is stronger than ours and that's about it. I think our first XI is better than theirs overall and I think our squad pretty much stands up to theirs too.

Let's compare squad depth with Chelsea, both using 343.

-----------------------lloris/vorm
-----------dier/ccv---toby/wimmer---vert/davies
walker/trippier----wanyama/dier---dembele/winks----rose/davies
-----------eriksen/lamela/sissoko----dele/son
-----------------------kane/janssen/son

additional: lopes (gk), onomah, n'koudou. 24 players total.

chelsea (i will have blanks here because I don't know their squad. you lot will have to help fill in the blanks)

-----------------------courtois/begovic
-----------azpilicueta/ivanovic---luiz/zouma---cahill/terry
moses/ivanovic----kante/xxxx---matic/fabregas----alonso/xxxxx
-----------hazard/willian/----pedro/xxxxxx
-----------------------costa/batsomething/

additonal: ake, loftus-something (?). 20 players, no doubt i've missed a few.

I think their squad of centre-backs is stronger than ours and that's about it. I think our first XI is better than theirs overall and I think our squad pretty much stands up to theirs too.

Challabolah would be along Kante as back up

And loft is cheek would be the back up for Pedro using your logic although William mainly has been that player

AC8WoHs.png

hTKB1z1.png

I still maintain the FA Cup and a top 3 (hopefully higher) finish are well within are capabilities, we have reached semi finals of the FA and finished in the top 4 in recent seasons with arguably inferior squads. If we can progress further in the Europa WITHOUT it affecting our league form then great, otherwise I would rest players as AdamB suggested.

Like i said he will make the exact same decisions, as and when, not now. (As in, there is no point saying at the present time what would be the best course of action)

The FA Cup is of no interest to Poch & Levy. If the EL had no place in the CL as a prize, that would be in the same boat.

CL regulars (even if we dont play well:), attracts cash, attracts players, may keep players from leaving.....for the next 4 seasons.

Obviously they will try to win something if we're in with a chance, but the above is the objective. Not for you, not for me.....BUT for the men that know best.

Last edited:
Like i said he will make the exact same decisions, as and when, not now. (As in, there is no point saying at the present time what would be the best course of action)

The FA Cup is of no interest to Poch & Levy. If the EL had no place in the CL as a prize, that would be in the same boat.

CL regulars (even if we dont play well:), attracts cash, attracts players, may keep players from leaving.....for the next 4 seasons.

Obviously they will try to win something is we're in with a chance, but the above is the objective. Not for you, not for me.....BUT for the men that know best.

almost completely agree

but i'm all about the CL too

This past weekend was almost perfect in terms of top 4 finishing. Long may we continue to pick up points while our rivals drop 'em.

If he is not playing in a team that is below us in the table would there not be a question as to why we would want such a playerthere will be an issue as to why?

So we should loan a player from a team sitting on the bench so heshojld come and sit on our bench? I think not.

If we our in dire straights remember Sissoko can play central midfield.

Back