• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The race for 86 points

Thanks Steve. So basically apart from a double header Europa tie they've got the same as the rest of us, except Liverpoo who one less game.

Jog on Jose and stop complaining.

They've been on fire against teams in the bottom half though. Flat track bullies as always.
So have we. But that's what we should be doing if we're to have title aspirations. It's great to beat the top 5, but if we pull a Lollerpool in the other matches, we'll be constantly struggling to break into the top 4.

Yup. They finish 5th, Manure finish 4th and win the EL so the 4th league CL spot goes to the 5th placed team. The only good part about the dream is that Whinger stays.
It doesn't, though. Only if the team that wins the EL finishes outside the top 4 does the league get a 5th team in the CL. And that would be the team that won the EL. So if you finish 5th and don't win the EL, no CL for you.

So have we. But that's what we should be doing if we're to have title aspirations. It's great to beat the top 5, but if we pull a Lollerpool in the other matches, we'll be constantly struggling to break into the top 4.

Hopefully we can carry on like that as we have six away games left, all against bottom half sides. Arse still have to go to Stoke, Southampton and us.

Arsenal have a lot of work to do to make sure they even finish 6th really. They have Man U, Emirates Marketing Project, Everton and Us as well as Stoke, Southampton and West Ham who are teams who have caused them issues in the last few seasons. Quite a few of those fixtures are at home and that might be part of the problem, won't take long for the crowd to start turning and giving them stick which definitely brings extra pressure.

It doesn't, though. Only if the team that wins the EL finishes outside the top 4 does the league get a 5th team in the CL. And that would be the team that won the EL. So if you finish 5th and don't win the EL, no CL for you.
That's good to know. But we all understand how Woolwich are historically known for getting their way. 100+ years ago those devils got into the first division by devious means!!!!

It's just dawned on me how massive April is going to be. I know we've got Arse and Utd in May but if we maintain our position/form/gap throughout April I don't think we can be caught by those two. Chuck in the semi final against Cheatski and its a season defining month for almost all teams.

Hope our injury affected players aren't far off returning (Kane and Rose) and we don't lose our heads like last season.

Sit back and enjoy the ride guys! COYS

I think we're capable of going 10-0-0 the rest of the way, if Kane comes back around the end of April in time for the Arse, but more likely it'll be 7-2-1. That should put us at 82 points and comfortably in the top 3.

I think we're capable of going 10-0-0 the rest of the way, if Kane comes back around the end of April in time for the Arse, but more likely it'll be 7-2-1. That should put us at 82 points and comfortably in the top 3.

I would take 5-4-1 and 78 pts now if you offered it me, as I dont see all 3 of the following happening:
Arsenal getting 28pts from 11
United getting 26pts from 11
Liverpool getting 22pts from 9

One may well happen, 2 I doubt and 3 no chance

Arsenal have a lot of work to do to make sure they even finish 6th really. They have Man U, Emirates Marketing Project, Everton and Us as well as Stoke, Southampton and West Ham who are teams who have caused them issues in the last few seasons. Quite a few of those fixtures are at home and that might be part of the problem, won't take long for the crowd to start turning and giving them stick which definitely brings extra pressure.

There's zero danger of them finishing below 5th. In fact, I still think they will finish in the top 4. We need shooting if we finish below them but we've ballsed it up too many times for me to take anything for granted.

There's zero danger of them finishing below 5th. In fact, I still think they will finish in the top 4. We need shooting if we finish below them but we've ballsed it up too many times for me to take anything for granted.

Said it before and I will say it again, I don't care about finishing above them to say we finished 3rd and them 4th. So what? All that will be said is it took over 20 years to manage it which is right and what exactly do we get for it? Nothing. If we were to finish 4th and them 5th or win the league and them come 2nd then that is cause for celebration and wind up but aside from that, its just small time imo to be so so concentrated on just being able to say we finished above them.

Zero danger is very presumptuous. I agree that they are more than capable of going on a run and finishing 3rd/4th with ease because we have seen it before and I don't bet against it but trust me, If they were to lose on Sunday against City and Utd, Ourselves and Liverpool were to win then they would be needing a big turn of form to avoid finishing 6th. They would be 9 points off 4th albeit with 2 games in hand and 5 points off 5th with equal games played with Utd. They have a tough run in, tougher than they have had in previous seasons when they have had title winning form over the final 10 games. Personally, I think as it is they need to win 9 games of their final 11 in order to finish 3rd/4th and with the games they have and the form they have shown, I can't see them putting that sort of run together combined with 2-3 other teams above them taking 9-10 points less than they do over the same period of time.

They definitely could do it and I wouldn't rule anything out in terms of the make up of 3 teams making the top 4 with Chelsea but it will take an even better run they have put together before and more teams having a slump than they have required than before.

It's just dawned on me how massive April is going to be. I know we've got Arse and Utd in May but if we maintain our position/form/gap throughout April I don't think we can be caught by those two. Chuck in the semi final against Cheatski and its a season defining month for almost all teams.

Hope our injury affected players aren't far off returning (Kane and Rose) and we don't lose our heads like last season.

Sit back and enjoy the ride guys! COYS

I've long thought we need top 4 more or less sewn up by the time we play Arsenal. We need at least a 6 point gap down to 5th just in case.

One game at a time is the way to go.

Definitely. We just need to concentrate on what we can influence and managing to win at Burnley would be a massive step towards securing at least 3rd. If others drop points which the will given the fixtures then that gives us a cushion should we have a hiccup but ticking them as we go through is definitely the way to go.

How good is it being able to enjoy the win tonight and then watch the match tomorrow knowing that every outcome has its bonus for us. Still think the draw is the best result by far. A City win gives us a massive buffer to Arsenal, whereas a home win gives us a 5pts buffer over City

How good is it being able to enjoy the win tonight and then watch the match tomorrow knowing that every outcome has its bonus for us. Still think the draw is the best result by far. A City win gives us a massive buffer to Arsenal, whereas a home win gives us a 5pts buffer over City

Draw is the best result and most likely. Leaves us 11 clear of Arsenal with them having one game in hand and 4 clear of City on equal games. Want City to still have to think about Liverpool and possibly Utd with their games in hand rather than looking at us.

We just need to tick the games down. Win Wednesday and let the Chelsea-City game take care of itself but again that's another game where any result is a good one if we manage to win our game.

Back