• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The race for 86 points

The next three points available will be the hardest to take - Burnley away on Saturday. After that, we are at Swansea. That's an interesting game for them. They are at home on Sunday to Middlesboro. Then they host us on Wednesday, April 5 - a day's less rest - before playing two away to West Ham and Watford.

It's not like they'd want to cheat their home fans, not sitting three points clear of relegation, but our visit is by far the hardest of those four matches and they have a decent shot at winning the other three. Wouldn't be the worst decision for them to rest a couple of key players when we visit.

The next three points available will be the hardest to take - Burnley away on Saturday. After that, we are at Swansea. That's an interesting game for them. They are at home on Sunday to Middlesboro. Then they host us on Wednesday, April 5 - a day's less rest - before playing two away to West Ham and Watford.

It's not like they'd want to cheat their home fans, not sitting three points clear of relegation, but our visit is by far the hardest of those four matches and they have a decent shot at winning the other three. Wouldn't be the worst decision for them to rest a couple of key players when we visit.

Any games away against relegation threatened teams at this part of the season are going to be tough, very tough.

We need to ensure we don't become complacent like we have done once or twice in the past. This is especially important against perceived 'weaker' opposition - see Saudi Sportswashing Machine final day last season.

This run in will be a great gauge of our squad's maturity and how much we've learned from last season.

On the other hand they might decide to give it a real go while we have Harry and Danny out injured.

The ground i hate traveling away to is Burnley and its never really been a good ground for us to visit ( we have won only one of the last 8 losing 4 of those), you come up to the top of a hill and there below you in a hole is Burnley. Its also the only ground i have visited where their fans caused us any problems. It will not be easy.

The ground i hate traveling away to is Burnley and its never really been a good ground for us to visit ( we have won only one of the last 8 losing 4 of those), you come up to the top of a hill and there below you in a hole is Burnley. Its also the only ground i have visited where their fans caused us any problems. It will not be easy.
Only time I've been there was a cup game when ginola scored a worldy. Saw running battles in the street that day.

Yeah, but scary saying our run in is easy because we are facing some lower placed teams. It's at this point in the season that they've brought in new managers and spent more money so the position is somewhat false. We will do well to take maximum points.

I wonder if the FA Cup semi week will be even more significant than we think:

April 22: FA Cup semi vs Chelski
April 26: Re-arranged league game away top Crystal Palace
April 30: Last NLD vs Arsenal at old WHL

I always think we do best vs Arsenal when we have a week to fully prepare ourselves physically and tactically; The emotional drain of the cup semi-final 9whichever way that game goes) plus a night under the Selhurt Park lights facing Big Fat Sam's likely thuggish tactics could make that week very VERY difficult.......though didn't we have an away game vs Palace after the FA Cup semi-final when we last won the FA Cup??

Uniteds April fixture list is absolutely hilarious.

Good old Europa Fatigue, may they continue to progress.

Yep; plus they have to play most of the top 6/7 teams, including us.
It would be one thing for Jose to already be in the top 4 with some points advantage - which would allow him to play his boring percentage games and even nick a few 1-0s through a set-piece or two.
It's a TOTALLY different kettle of fish for him to win games in hand AND have to go on the attack AND against teams he wants to overtake - they would be more likely to set-up to frustrate him and put the initiative on him to attack, which he mostly find uncomfortable when playing teams on a similar level to his on the whole.
Would definitely rather have our position and run-in than theirs...

I think they'll win the EL though and given what usually happens when Manure win a European trophy i can dig that..

Yep; plus they have to play most of the top 6/7 teams, including us.
It would be one thing for Jose to already be in the top 4 with some points advantage - which would allow him to play his boring percentage games and even nick a few 1-0s through a set-piece or two.
It's a TOTALLY different kettle of fish for him to win games in hand AND have to go on the attack AND against teams he wants to overtake - they would be more likely to set-up to frustrate him and put the initiative on him to attack, which he mostly find uncomfortable when playing teams on a similar level to his on the whole.
Would definitely rather have our position and run-in than theirs...

I think they'll win the EL though and given what usually happens when Manure win a European trophy i can dig that..
I had a dream where maunre finished fourth and won the EL and the goons finished 5th and so got CL.

That scenario makes me sick.

What are Utd fixtures for that horror run? I'm still a little doubtful that they'll win the Europa. As we've proven year after year it isn't usually the favourites that win it. Sevilla do.

April fixtures: Tottenham / ManU / Emirates Marketing Project / Liverpool / Arsenal

1st/2nd: Burnley (a) / WBA (h) / Arsenal (a) / Everton (h) / Emirates Marketing Project (h)
4/5th: Swansea (a) / Everton (h) / Chelsea (a) / Bournemouth (h) / Wet Spam (h)
8-10th: Watford (h) / Sunderland (a) / Hull (h) / Stoke (a) / Palace (a)
13th: .............. / Anderlecht (a) / ............ / ............ / ............
15-17th: Bournemouth (h) / Chelsea (h) / Southampton (a) / WBA (a) / M'boro (a)
20th: .............. / Anderlecht (h) / ............ / ............. / ...........
22nd/23rd: Chelsea (n*) / Burnley (a) / Arsenal (n*) / Palace (h) / Emirates Marketing Project (n*)
26/27th: Palace (a) / Emirates Marketing Project (a) / ManU (h) / ............ / Leicester (h)
30th/1st: Arsenal (h) / Swansea (h) / M'boro (a) / Watford (a) / Tottenham (a)

* FA Cup at Wembley

Back