• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The FA Cup 2017/2018

Fully deserved by Chelsea, kept a clean sheet, forced United into a defining mistake and defended as a team, no last minute tackles or great saves needed.

Apparently Chelsea didn't deserve to win according to Mourinho. I guess he'll be handing back any winner's medals he's got from games his teams didn't dominate.

Hilarious watching Cundy on Twitter try and give us stick because they’ve ‘still won a trophy’. If it’s such a monumental day why the hell is he thinking about Spurs.

In my mind Chelsea’s win makes a mockery of the ‘they need to win a trophy’ crowd. They’ve had an embarrassing season for their standards and resources, their Manager will be sacked and they’ve moaned all year long. Not in a million years would I swap their season for ours. Progress, happiness and what should be judged as success is relative, and we had a great season.

Also, I’m a bit perturbed at all these memes going round showing our trophy cabinet as a bear cupboard...it’s such a weird one if we are saying that only the last 10 or 20 years counts? By the same token, Jol, Ramos, AVB, Harry, Tim...none of them have any bearing on the current set up, and if we take Poch’s 3 years we can be delighted that we now show up on the radar of the fans of these clubs when 5 years ago we were an irrelevance to them.

Anyway, boring cup final. Is a bloody shame we didn’t beat United because neither of those two teams are better than us. If we didn’t have the Wembley adjustment factor this year I’m sure we would have gotten 2nd.

In my mind Chelsea’s win makes a mockery of the ‘they need to win a trophy’ crowd. They’ve had an embarrassing season for their standards and resources, their Manager will be sacked and they’ve moaned all year long. Not in a million years would I swap their season for ours. Progress, happiness and what should be judged as success is relative, and we had a great season.

Indeed. It will be interesting to see how winning that FA Cup will help them hold onto Hazard this summer.

I know I was watching in my Lillywhite glasses (found them) but that game was dire, given that neither team need to win to qualify for European football I had hoped they might just try to win playing football rather than a war of negativity. I could have believed I was watching one of the play off games with the whole point in not losing rather than winning. For the master of park the bus football to complain about it is rich.

It used to be a ritual for me to watch the Cup Final. Haven't watched one now for going on ten years. Wigan apart, it's the same teams playing off and winning.... ... snooze........

Hilarious watching Cundy on Twitter try and give us stick because they’ve ‘still won a trophy’. If it’s such a monumental day why the hell is he thinking about Spurs.

Also, I’m a bit perturbed at all these memes going round showing our trophy cabinet as a bear cupboard...it’s such a weird one if we are saying that only the last 10 or 20 years counts? By the same token, Jol, Ramos, AVB, Harry, Tim...none of them have any bearing on the current set up, and if we take Poch’s 3 years we can be delighted that we now show up on the radar of the fans of these clubs when 5 years ago we were an irrelevance to them.

Anyway, boring cup final. Is a bloody shame we didn’t beat United because neither of those two teams are better than us. If we didn’t have the Wembley adjustment factor this year I’m sure we would have gotten 2nd.

What would you take? A PL title win one year and the following season an Fa cup title win with a 5th place league finish, or 2nd in the PL and the following season 3rd in the PL?

What would you take? A PL title win one year and the following season an Fa cup title win with a 5th place league finish, or 2nd in the PL and the following season 3rd in the PL?

Do you really expect to get a lot of honest answers to that question?.

Right now, the latter is more beneficial to our club's continued growth. We need to establish ourselves at the top table and that means participation in the Champions League. Of course, your question is a false dichotomy and those are not the only routes open to the club.

For us to win the league with our current squad it would take an almost improbale set of circumstances similar to when Leicester won it. I would love to win a cup, but if it meant we failed to qualify for CL I'm not so sure. We won League Cup and were rubbish following that and floated along after our recent (ha ha) cup wins. They might be a good day out but dont help the club to stay in the race for the league.

Back