• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The FA Cup 2017/2018

Gonna be fun this one ! The two sides who got kicked out at the same stage of the CL this season, sitting very close to each other in the league.

It'll be a great day out, just hope we turn up on the day !

I’m not!! People are already saying we should beat this Utd team. Not sure why we should? They have some excellent players and while supposedly poor, they sit second in the league having recently beaten Pool and Chelsea. Oh and did I mention Mourinho was the master of the one off game? Especially sides that take the game to his team. We will need some luck and our big players to turn up. Hope Alderweireld is match fit by then, we will need his defensive intelligence. I think we can beat them but it will take one hell of a performance, even if we do we will then face Chelsea in the final. Gonna have to win the Cup the hard way.

If you wanted to pick a manager to win a one of game for you it would be Jose.

Lets also not forgot, whilst the second half was pretty easy in the league game they had numerous very very good chances to make it 1-1 straight after the early goal.

Haven’t we heard on many occasions how teams will up their game because they are playing at Wembley?
So as far as the ‘advantage’ thing goes, you could flip it and say we are disadvantaged as we will be missing the Wembley ‘bounce’ that our opponent(s) will have. Tongue in cheek but it’s not totally ridiculous and could be a bit of a leveller (if there were any advantage in the first place).

Haven’t we heard on many occasions how teams will up their game because they are playing at Wembley?
So as far as the ‘advantage’ thing goes, you could flip it and say we are disadvantaged as we will be missing the Wembley ‘bounce’ that our opponent(s) will have. Tongue in cheek but it’s not totally ridiculous and could be a bit of a leveller (if there were any advantage in the first place).
So far this season, even with 95% of the supporters behind us, just 56% of our total points (34 out of 61) have been won at Wembley. Hardly an overwhelming advantage.

For the semi the fans will be split 50-50 so any home advantage will surely be pretty much annihilated.

So far this season, even with 95% of the supporters behind us, just 56% of our total points (34 out of 61) have been won at Wembley. Hardly an overwhelming advantage.

For the semi the fans will be split 50-50 so any home advantage will surely be pretty much annihilated.

So had we picked up less points away from home and made the % greater that would make Wembley an advantage?

Makes a big difference, I always had my favourite changing room over Hackney Marshes and used the same trough to wash by.

The one without the hole in the floor and where the window didn't had a metal plate welded over it to keep the local scrotes from burning it down?

The one without the hole in the floor and where the window didn't had a metal plate welded over it to keep the local scrotes from burning it down?

No metal plates in my day, most people were part of the community back then with jobs. Local authorities use to employ park keepers and look after our assets.

BBC showing ManU vs Spurs as Sat 21st 16:00

I'm sure it wasn't there earlier - maybe just a place holder though.

Just checked - Chelski holder at same date/time

...... and ...... breathe

Last edited:
BBC showing ManU vs Spurs as Sat 21st 16:00

I'm sure it wasn't there earlier - maybe just a place holder though.

Just checked - Chelski holder at same date/time

...... and ...... breathe

Anyone know when this is announced?

I'm in Spain that weekend and flying back on Sunday. Sh!tting myself that we'll get the Sunday kick off and it'll be same time as my flight. Missed the win over Arsenal last year for the same reason.

No reason for delay - all 4 teams have nothing mid-week before or after.

Travel issues ought to play a part - but I bet they want out-of-hours fixtures to screw as many fans as poss.

I notice BBC boasting about peak audience of 7.8m for Leicester/Chelsea on Saturday. Yep, Saturday - they are really on top of things.

Somebody at work said the Saturday game is going to be 7.45pm kick off, be amazed but not surprised really !!

Back