• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The FA Cup 2017/2018

http://www.redcafe.net/threads/who-decided-spurs-could-use-wembley.437405/

Here we go...

That didn’t take long.
Wasn’t an issue before when it was a disadvantage to us, hence the dropped points earlier in the season.

Anyway I’m sure all the clubs were consulted before final approval for us to use Wembley and no objections raised at the time.

I don't think any clubs will be objecting now either. Just the usual moany fans that expect everything to go their way.

Let’s have a poll how many times Mourinho will mention it
He really will. fudge him. We’ve had a great draw up until now and made hard work of it - last time we actually won something we bet red scum 5-1 in the semi and blue scum in the final, back when they were good enough to lose the CL on pens. We owned United last time we played them so this way we get to hurt Chelski even more by beating them in a final, IF they scrape past SCBC.

I could have sworn we lost a cup semi or final to UTD recently.. Maybe I dreamt it. Either way this is not the same United team of the past. We can smash these, as proven already this season. Keep the faith.

You're thinking of the 2009 League Cup Final. We've lost to them in the earlier rounds of the FA Cup a couple of times in the last decade as well though.

I'm glad we didn't get SCBC, tbh. We'd probably send out a team "capable" of doing the job and get beat. This way, there's no debate, it has to be taken properly-seriously.
I’m not!! People are already saying we should beat this Utd team. Not sure why we should? They have some excellent players and while supposedly poor, they sit second in the league having recently beaten Pool and Chelsea. Oh and did I mention Mourinho was the master of the one off game? Especially sides that take the game to his team. We will need some luck and our big players to turn up. Hope Alderweireld is match fit by then, we will need his defensive intelligence. I think we can beat them but it will take one hell of a performance, even if we do we will then face Chelsea in the final. Gonna have to win the Cup the hard way.

I’m not!! People are already saying we should beat this Utd team. Not sure why we should? They have some excellent players and while supposedly poor, they sit second in the league having recently beaten Pool and Chelsea. Oh and did I mention Mourinho was the master of the one off game? Especially sides that take the game to his team. We will need some luck and our big players to turn up. Hope Alderweireld is match fit by then, we will need his defensive intelligence. I think we can beat them but it will take one hell of a performance, even if we do we will then face Chelsea in the final. Gonna have to win the Cup the hard way.

To be fair, we've had a pretty easy ride to the semis on paper. You're entitled to have to beat some of the best to win the cup. Plus they'd certainly all be saying we should beat Southampton if we'd drawn them, but we'd probably have set ourselves an equal task by fielding one of those "capable" sides instead of a best XI.

Last edited:

That was always going to be the case though, once you reach the semis. We would've been lucky beyond belief (throughout the draw) if we had gotten So'ton in the semi. If we can't beat United in the semi and Chelski in the final, then so be it - but if we do, the trophy will taste so much sweeter (I know why that 2008 league cup win tasted as good as it did).

To follow their logic, do they expect the final to be played away from Wembley if we make through?

I thought one of the better suggestions was that the FA should build a stadium up north to be used by any clubs wanting to redevelop their own ground, because Wembley was clearly built with us in mind.

Cannot understand the lack of perspective from those United fans. I’ll assume they follow football news generally, and I’m sure they would have known that the narrative at the start of the season was that we were going to struggle this year at Wembley. Why are they just ignoring it and making out we’ve got away with one all along?

I think any other club probably could have raised a serious objection to it if they wanted to, but the smaller clubs wouldn’t care and the big clubs would be only too happy to see us move to a ground that everyone thought we would struggle on. Only now that we’ve proven we aren’t as bad as everyone thought there is now supposedly an advantage. I just find that lack of perspective from them absolutely amazing.

we are unlikely to score again after 11 seconds and no way will united be as bad as they were.Anyway you look at it they will be favorites for the tie. We have to beat them and chelsea for cup.Last season the scum had to beat city and chelsea for the cup so we do need to stay positive but its 50 50 at best.

Back