• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The FA Cup 2017/2018

Uncanny though. 5th round and there was no all non-PL ties, to almost guarantee an all-PL Last 8. And now Spurs,United,Cheslea and City all kept apart.

Should not complain, 2 potentially tricky away matches, but a really good oppurtunity to have ourselves a 'home' semi-final

Uncanny though. 5th round and there was no all non-PL ties, to almost guarantee an all-PL Last 8. And now Spurs,United,Cheslea and City all kept apart.

Should not complain, 2 potentially tricky away matches, but a really good oppurtunity to have ourselves a 'home' semi-final

Setting up for another Chelsea semi

How I read it it will be instead of Saudi Sportswashing Machine and the last game before the international break.

First team please

United/Chelsea have the CL second leagues in the week before.

For the 7th consecutive FA Cup draw (minus last year as there was 5 big clubs left still in the competition), the Big 6 teams in the PL have avoided each other

The probability of this occurring is approx 1.3%

There was a period when they all seemed to draw each other early on. I expect this is equally unlikely.

Didn’t we go to Old Trafford twice in 2 years in 3rd/4th round?

There was a period when they all seemed to draw each other early on. I expect this is equally unlikely.

Didn’t we go to Old Trafford twice in 2 years in 3rd/4th round?

Yes. And had Leeds not beaten them in the 3rd round the following season we would have played them again in the 4th round,but at home

There's nothing suspect about the draw. If I told you lot I'd taken a coin and tossed it 8 times, and got THHTTHHT (or the exact opposite, or any other combination that had every second toss come up different to the one before it), would you think there was something suspicious? That draw was no more improbable (even less so, in fact, because once you've drawn the home side, the probability that the away side will be from the other side of the tracks is then higher than not, unlike the coin-toss case). If you think about a semi-final draw with a 50-50 split as well, you will see that you'd expect the two big sides to be kept apart about 2/3 of the time (it depends only on the 2nd ball drawn, with the odds at 2/1 regardless).

Last edited:
That draw was no more improbable (even less so, in fact, because once you've drawn the home side, the probability that the away side will be from the other side of the tracks is then higher than not, unlike the coin-toss case). If you think about a semi-final draw with a 50-50 split as well, you will see that you'd expect the two big sides to be kept apart about 2/3 of the time (it depends only on the 2nd ball drawn, with the odds at 2/1 regardless).

That makes complete sense when one considers it. Good post.

Back