• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The FA Cup 2017/2018

We could conceivably advance to the semis or the final before meeting teams placed higher than us in the PL standings
We got to the semi last year without playing anyone from the PL - Aston Villa [Level 2], Wycombe [4], Fulham [2], Millwall [3].
Which got me wondering: Which club has had the softest overall run to a cup win?
Maybe Liverpool in 1992? They only played 1 team from the top division - Crewe [3], Bristol Rovers [2], Ipswich [2], Aston Villa [1], Portsmouth [2] & Sunderland [2].

what I don't like about this cup run is the constant media "they have to win a trophy under Pochettino" diatribe, I wish the attention was on other clubs.

what I don't like about this cup run is the constant media "they have to win a trophy under Pochettino" diatribe, I wish the attention was on other clubs.
Surely Liverpool should be winning more than us with their amazing squad and huge transfer spend ??

To re-lay a pitch this week is waste of time.(unless we're talking 3G :)) Too short a time frame and have they seen the weather forecast? Aesthetically it'll look alright but will play like you've just rolled out some turf in your back garden. And I'd say that's quite dangerous.
I did think it could be bad if its only just re-laid really

I'm not a horticulturist or groundsman, but I remember from when I was playing that our groundsman wanted a months bedding in on our new pitch before we used it and we were just park footballers.

I'm not a horticulturist or groundsman, but I remember from when I was playing that our groundsman wanted a months bedding in on our new pitch before we used it and we were just park footballers.
You need the grass roots to bind into the soil below, otherwise it's like running around on a rug on a wooden floor.

Why would Rochdale want to relay a pitch to make our lives easier? It's the FA Cup, underdog takes whatever advantage they can. I just hope we keep the keys players away in case of injury.

Why would Rochdale want to relay a pitch to make our lives easier? It's the FA Cup, underdog takes whatever advantage they can. I just hope we keep the keys players away in case of injury.

It’s not about making our lives easier, it’s about having a suitable surface for a professional football match.

FA Cup ties for the quarter finals will be decided tonight.

The draw will be made after the clash between Huddersfield and Manchester United in the fifth round on BT Sport.

Liverpool legend Michael Owen and former Saudi Sportswashing Machine goalkeeper Shay Given will be the men conducting the draw.

Spurs/Rochdale will be ball number 6 in the draw.

FA Cup draw: Quarter final ball numbers
1 Sheffield Wednesday or Swansea
2 West Brom or Southampton
3 Chelsea
4 Leicester
5 Huddersfield or Manchester United
6 Rochdale or Tottenham
7 Brighton or Coventry
8 Wigan or Emirates Marketing Project

FA Cup draw: When are the quarter finals played?
Quarter final matches will be played across the the weekend of March 16-19, 2018.

Back