• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Cricket Thread

Au contraire..... ties are rather unusual. Only two(?) in the history of test cricket. A tied match is quite distinct from a drawn one.

Draws are called ties over there in Yankland. Trust me, it's all making sense to him. All cricket needs now is a catchy song to play when the game is about 7/9s of the way through.

Draws are called ties over there in Yankland. Trust me, it's all making sense to him. All cricket needs now is a catchy song to play when the game is about 7/9s of the way through.

No because cricket has ties AND draws. A draw is what happens when a positive result cannot be determined at the end of play (a positive result being when one team bowled the other team out (either once or twice) for less runs then have accumulated by the winning team, either in 1 or 2 innings, depending on the format. End of play being either all overs bowled, or 5 days completed, again, depending on the format). A tie is when the no positive result can be determined, as above BUT both teams have ended on the exact same amount of runs scored. In some leagues, a tie is worth more points than a draw (e.g. the British county championship).

No because cricket has ties AND draws. A draw is what happens when a positive result cannot be determined at the end of play (a positive result being when one team bowled the other team out (either once or twice) for less runs then have accumulated by the winning team, either in 1 or 2 innings, depending on the format. End of play being either all overs bowled, or 5 days completed, again, depending on the format). A tie is when the no positive result can be determined, as above BUT both teams have ended on the exact same amount of runs scored. In some leagues, a tie is worth more points than a draw (e.g. the British county championship).

I knowwww I'm *yank*ing his chain.

Cook 2 100's in 2 innings, not bad for somebody who cant bat in the short form apparently and with a SR of 85

Neither Morgan nor Bopara look like they want to take control of the game.

Wickets in hand, five overs left, just hit the damn thing...

250-4

Bit of a lacklustre end to the Innings, a strong start, pretty decent middle get to around 230-3 off 45 overs an they just don't accelerate.

Just a waste of Broad, Swann, Patel and Kieswetter.

Brilliant Innings from Cook, decent contributions from Pieterson and Trott. Feel Morgan and Bopara should have been far more aggressive.

Should be a good enough total to win though.

But Cook shouldn't be even in the team, he bats far too slow

:rolleyes:

Hopefully his second successive ODI ton will shut up the macarons who say things similar to the above. I'd much rather have a man who can score a 100 at a SR of 85 than a man who can score 20 at a SR of 100.

I don't think Morgan's technique is good enough against the new ball. I think him coming in during the middle overs is about right, as he is generally good at manipulating the ball when the spinners are on. Not sure what KP brings to the side at the moment, he's not scoring big, and he's not scoring quickly. Much rather have someone score a slow 50 than a quick 15, as fundamentally it's partnerships that win you the game, same as in any other format.

I don't think Morgan's technique is good enough against the new ball. I think him coming in during the middle overs is about right, as he is generally good at manipulating the ball when the spinners are on. Not sure what KP brings to the side at the moment, he's not scoring big, and he's not scoring quickly. Much rather have someone score a slow 50 than a quick 15, as fundamentally it's partnerships that win you the game, same as in any other format.

Yeah youre right, maybe move bopara up the order?

England flying, 140 odd for 0 chasing 223, KP with some runs, has batted very well, Cook yet again looking superb

'England batsman Eoin Morgan has been omitted from the Test squad for the tour to Sri Lanka next month.
The left-hander scored 199 runs in 17 innings against Pakistan on the tour of the United Arab Emirates.
Ravi Bopara, who hit two fifties in the one-day series win over Pakistan, will vie for a place in the middle order with the uncapped Samit Patel.'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cricket/17186695

So to summarise... Morgan out because he hasn't done anything and Bopara in who also imo hasn't really done anything....

Hardly a ground-breaking move...

Jos Buttler is nowhere near good enough

He looked well nervous, has been getting rave reviews for his county. Hopefully it's just a maturity thing and he'll come good.

Back