• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Cricket Thread

Surely Marsh has had his last chance, and I'm surprised Haddin made the team as well. Would have been an ideal opportunity to blood a new keeper.

Any of you members or go to county matches? I'm a member at Middlesex, lots of gooners there. Going to be a tough season this year in 1st division

Looks to have been a decent enough day, shame Trott and Cook couldn't press on and get into triple figures..

That said, it's definitely end to end stuff.

No offence but it fudges me off when English born and bred people of Pakistani or Indian heritage support the country of their parents birth.

So much for British multi-culturalism and integration of minorities.

Not at all.

I'm just disappointed that living and being raised in a country your whole life means less to you that a country you might have only visited a handful of times, not that Luton might not have been to Pakistan many times!

It's his prerogative......just disappointing for me.

I understand what you mean but i generally think it only happens in cricket.... my guess that it is an institutional/cultural thing.

Not at all.

I'm just disappointed that living and being raised in a country your whole life means less to you that a country you might have only visited a handful of times, not that Luton might not have been to Pakistan many times!

It's his prerogative......just disappointing for me.
Fully agree with you

Broad and Bell take England into a lead, some good hitting from Broad could put us into a fairly decent position really

We? Being called LutonSpurs were you not born in England?

Yes I was.

No offence but it fudges me off when English born and bred people of Pakistani or Indian heritage support the country of their parents birth.

So much for British multi-culturalism and integration of minorities.

Supporting a team is not as easy as that.

I support England in the football and the rugby and generally in cricket as well but I have been bought up by my father as a Pakistan fan, I have been to watch Pakistan with my dad many times as a child and have continued to do so all my life. It may make sense for me to support England but what has sense got to do with it? My love for Pakistan is just like my love for Spurs, I could not change it regardless of what makes sense. When I watch Pakistan i get nervous when it's clsoe and I get upset when they lose and joyous when they win. It's a feeling, can't change it and Leed Spur - you are defintely intelligent enough to understand my point?

Does that make sense?

Yes I was.

Supporting a team is not as easy as that.

I support England in the football and the rugby and generally in cricket as well but I have been bought up by my father as a Pakistan fan, I have been to watch Pakistan with my dad many times as a child and have continued to do so all my life. It may make sense for me to support England but what has sense got to do with it? My love for Pakistan is just like my love for Spurs, I could not change it regardless of what makes sense. When I watch Pakistan i get nervous when it's clsoe and I get upset when they lose and joyous when they win. It's a feeling, can't change it and Leed Spur - you are defintely intelligent enough to understand my point?

Does that make sense?

I can understand you having a place for Pakistan in your heart but for me this country has provided you with so much, and you are English if you are born and bred here, so should show support for England first Pakistan second. But that is just my opinion. For me you have no choice when supporting a nation in sport, it's the nation you are born into and live in.

England have done very well today just bowled out Pakistan for 214, England need 145 to win..

Wel done Monty, 6 wickets in the 2nd innings, bowled tremendously well...

Back