• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Cricket Thread

Thing is reviews are now part and parcel of the game. Umpires are only human and will always make mistakes.

Deciding when to review has become every bit as critical and valid a skill as any other aspect of the game, especially so for the captain of the fielding side. Get too many of them wrong like Paine did and you know you are putting your team in jeopardy. So rather than blame the umpire the Australians need to take a look in the mirror.

For all Stokes' brilliance it was their inferior judgment in choosing when to appeal that cost them the game.

My heart bleeds.:D

It's a shame they wasted their review then.
They used that review, and their prick captain screaming for caught behind and then not reviewing, to try and intimidate the umpires into decisions. The spirit of Smith runs strong in this team and they got everything they deserved by not having that review to use.

Thing is reviews are now part and parcel of the game. Umpires are only human and will always make mistakes.

Deciding when to review has become every bit as critical and valid a skill as any other aspect of the game, especially so for the captain of the fielding side. Get too many of them wrong like Paine did and you know you are putting your team in jeopardy. So rather than blame the umpire the Australians need to take a look in the mirror.

For all Stokes' brilliance it was their inferior judgment in choosing when to appeal that cost them the game.

My heart bleeds.:D
It wasn't inferior judgement, they were trying to pressure the game.

Why the fudge we ever allowed a country like that to play a sport for gentlemen I'll never know.

Pretty rich coming from you and your fellow boo boys. fudging classless bunch of clams all round.

Fair play to Stokes though, amazing effort. We'll still win the series with the best batsman on the planet back in the side. Set up nicely.
Cheats should be booed h especially those whose governing bodies don't have the nuts to ban for anything like the period they deserved.

It wasn't inferior judgement, they were trying to pressure the game.

Why the fudge we ever allowed a country like that to play a sport for gentlemen I'll never know.
Even the Aussie's know it was exactly that. Every single one of them.

They were trying to pressure the game and they made a critical mistake.

Baffling how you can call it anything else.

Aussies appealed for everything the I lost count the times the DRS counter went up and they dismissed the review quickly because they knew they were trying it on. Losing that review didn't shock me in the end.

This new look more humble Aussie side is yest to appear, same old cheating, not walking bunch of no marks.

And anyone that feels they should not be booed is just abit soft.

Aussies really do think they are the law when it comes to sledging/banter don’t they? It’s fine when they do it, but take umbridge when on the receiving end.

Lyon went well over the top at the time, it was always going to come back to haunt him.

In the last series Lyon bragged that he was going to end English player's careers, now he has copped some gentle sledging the Aussies are having a cry... pathetic they are. What about the crap that Broad had to cop?

Last edited:
Back