• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Cricket Thread

Australia, classy as ever...

DS_PA1VUQAAkIuc.jpg:large
Must be a hacksawed thumb somewhere.

Our biggest worry is that we lack proper batsmen, apart from Cook ( who is getting long in the tooth) and Root we seem to lack players who can build big innings on a regular basis. We have several who can hit quick fifty's, tons ( Bairstow, Alli, etc ) but the one day game has robbed us of batsman who can graft.

Our biggest worry is that we lack proper batsmen, apart from Cook ( who is getting long in the tooth) and Root we seem to lack players who can build big innings on a regular basis. We have several who can hit quick fifty's, tons ( Bairstow, Alli, etc ) but the one day game has robbed us of batsman who can graft.

I think Malan looked very decent and I am not on such a downer as many are on Vince. Huge issue was Ali and then the tail don't wag either for me. It was get past Bairstow and we are done. Root did not show up early on nor did Cook.....

I think Malan looked very decent and I am not on such a downer as many are on Vince. Huge issue was Ali and then the tail don't wag either for me. It was get past Bairstow and we are done. Root did not show up early on nor did Cook.....

Good points, but i still feel that a lot of shots that our guys have got out too are those they use in the limited overs game. The art of batting needed in test matches seems to be a lacking in most of those guys. As i say i think Root has the ability to be a major player for us and there is no doubt that Cook has that ability ( but as i said in my earlier post) he is getting towards the end of his shelf live.

My worry I suppose is they say we need pace and a stayer at top of order but I struggle to see where we get it from

The problem was that the Aussies produced roads for wickets, which exposed our pie thrower attack. Moen Ali, does he turn the ball? I have only ever seen straight breaks from him. In Australia a first class spinner is a must, preferably two.

Rashid must feel unlucky. Plays pace really well and spin the ball. His domestic stats add up too and he also smashed up the BBL last year.

Completely bizarre that Ben Stokes wasn’t picked while they waited to see whether he was going to be charged or not, now he has been charged he can play? Madness!!
'Only' affray though, if he played for Liverpool he'd have been given the court's apologies for wasting his time.

We are pretty decent at the limited over games, as i said earlier we have plenty of guys who can hit the ball out of the park but when it comes to 5 days test games they lack the technique needed.

Back