• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Cricket Thread

I'm thinking the selectors might have been distracted by being involved sorting Brexit!
Our australian tour has that feel to it.

We lost the Ashes in the summer when we failed to sort out the batting. Experience has shown we must start the series well and get runs on the board, the batting line up looked very flaky and have never given the bowlers anything to attack. Much as I like Finn his selection was poor and I just don't know what Plunkett has done to upset the selectors.

It's why I love sport, it leaves the most ardent fans with egg on our face!:oops:
Well done Alistair Cook!

Last edited:
Cook !!!! Batted all day to end 244 n.o

Is now the 6th highest run scorer in test cricket now, went up 3 spots today

Brilliant from Broad too, a lesd of 170 odd

The Barmy Army were superb today too, incredible support throughout

We lost the Ashes in the summer when we failed to sort out the batting. Experience has shown we must start the series well and get runs on the board, the batting line up looked very flaky and have never given the bowlers anything to attack. Much as I like Finn his selection was poor and I just don't know what Plunkett has done to upset the selectors.

Completely agree, I've been saying the same about Plunkett since the selection was made. The key for me is that we've made poor selections for the circumstances & conditions, not for the first time...

Great to read the report from overnight though, can't wait to see the highlights. Very pleased for Cook, I've always been a huge fan of his despite losing my rag with him earlier in this series. Sounds like we suffered 2 or 3 dodgy dismissals too. I'd like a few more on the lead tomorrow if I'm honest to really pile maximum pressure on the aussies, I guess I'm getting greedy now but it would be lovely for Jimmy to play a little 10-20 run cameo and support Cook up even higher before carrying his bat.

I don't know what it is about the bbc but they have managed to turn a bouncy, positive person like Swanny into a Naggers clone, all despondency and gloom. Always enjoy the barmy army and the humour, will never forget celebrating in Sydney in 2003, you would have thought we won the ashes instead of losing 1 - 4

Always enjoy the barmy army and the humour, will never forget celebrating in Sydney in 2003, you would have thought we won the ashes instead of losing 1 - 4

It was brilliant to be sat with them at Melbourne and Sydney 4 years ago, apart from actual Boxing Day when loads of real turds turned up and it turned into ridiculous football chanting, the next day it was back to normal with proper cricketing fans again

What a start - Anderson dismissed with the first delivery of the day! At least Cook carries his bat though, the first Englishman to do so for 20 years apparently.

Now for Anderson to redeem himself with the ball!

Well at least we won't lose this one so the 5-0 is out of the window

Given there really isn't that much between the two teams, I find the fact that we haven't been whitewashed is hardly a great achievement. This tour has been a rooster up since Stokes punch up. We were shocking with the bat, average with the ball and even the barmy army seemed half arsed in Adelaide when I was there.

I tended to switch off from all things ashes after the second rubber. Pointless series's with our physically and mentality weak players.

It was 47.5c in Sydney yesterday :eek:

I wonder if there's any chance at all of a day of defiance from Root to close things out...pointless spectulating really as even if by any chance that did happen, I don't see anyone likely to stay with him for even close to the length of time that would be necessary.

What a series...

Australia, classy as ever...

DS_PA1VUQAAkIuc.jpg:large

Such a mental stage, terrible really.

To be honest the result in this series is not a big issue for me, cricket is circular in terms of success, we had our purple patch this is theirs. Always a sense of panic and tearing up the book but I dont think there is any need.

Just a classic case of them having better players for this tour

Back