• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Cricket Thread

Got to wonder a bit about selection; shouldn't we have included someone like Plunkett, to fight fire with fire speed-wise? Our bowling just looks toothless by comparison to theirs - just like 4 years ago.

Got to wonder a bit about selection; shouldn't we have included someone like Plunkett, to fight fire with fire speed-wise? Our bowling just looks toothless by comparison to theirs - just like 4 years ago.

Mark Wood if he was fully fit would have been selected I think he pretty quick.
Just been poor all round. That last over before deceleration was pile of junk. No discipline in line and lengths from anyone.

This past year to 18 months England bowl to short. Our bowlers are all about pushing it up. If there’s movement of any kind we negate with crap lengths. Pitch it up !!

Poor old cricket team looking absolutely insipid.. No character, zero aggression, calamitous performance from day dot.

Root just does not come across as an inspiring leader at all to me.

So glad to see justice done on Smith. He referred that first one purely because he could - you could tell even he thought he was gone. One of the biggest let-offs you could ever see.

Good to see (at least a little bit of) a fightback before close. Unlucky not to have 1 or 2 more down actually, would've really been game-on then.

Poor old cricket team looking absolutely insipid.. No character, zero aggression, calamitous performance from day dot.

Root just does not come across as an inspiring leader at all to me.
I agree about Root. Poor decision at the toss (though surely that decision is made beforehand by committee with Baylis, senior players etc), odd field placings, got bowler rotation wrong a couple of times, too many wrong reviews, getting wound up and getting involved with on-pitch verbals with aussies -and he's yet to really shine with the bat.

We should 100% stick with him as captain but I really hope he grows into the role a bit quicker than he seems to be so far.

And what a monumental clam his opposite number is by the way.

Went to Adelaide for days 1 and 2. The Barmy army haven't really turned up which is probably a good thing. England are playing without much fight. Our batsmen are mentally weak and our bowlers haven't been getting much assistance from the pitch.

Was fun being there though, Adelaide is a great ground, heritage rich and modern stands all within a five minute walk of the Queens Head and Cathedral pubs.

Root sending the Aussies into bat after winning the toss was a strange decision but so was Smith's decision not to enforce the follow on. I kind of expected the worst when Stokes popped up on in the press for fighting in Bristol. Badly needed his character in this side.

Great to see a bit of fight. Still a very tough ask need another decent score. Bairstow or Ali fingers crossed can get going

Lost by 120 runs, shame that as if Root couldve stayed in this morning we might have had a chance, Hazelton was superb throughout the test and Starc did his usual in destroying the tail

On to Perth where we've not won since 1978

5-0 here we come

What a disappointment that was to wake up to. After such an encouraging fightback yesterday, sounds like we never even got close.

Losing Malan late yesterday was a blow but even so, I thought we'd get a bit closer than that.

Last edited:
Back