• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Cricket Thread

348-3 at the close, Cook 150 no, top knock by Chef
Whats your thoughts on this series?

We should have used the red ball night games against a better side.
They do look very poor this 'windies' side.
The pundits on sky are not helping either continually talking them down.

Whats your thoughts on this series?

We should have used the red ball night games against a better side.
They do look very poor this 'windies' side.
The pundits on sky are not helping either continually talking them down.
I agree with you, we should've played against the Saffies using the pink ball

The Windies are pretty awful these days, shame considering what they once were

Indeed, i remember the great fast bowlers they had back then, Hall , Griffiths etc, and at the other end Brain Close without any body armour and no helmet, saying " is that all you got".

Indeed, i remember the great fast bowlers they had back then, Hall , Griffiths etc, and at the other end Brain Close without any body armour and no helmet, saying " is that all you got".

Close was mmmmad mind or drunk or both!

Great cricketer and England captain. They make em ard in Yorkshire! My Dad was a big Yorkshire cricket nutter

Given the Aussies are messing about in Bangladesh I don't think us playing the Windies are Saffas is a problem. The Aussies preparation for Ashes (<3 months) has been shocking with all the pay dispute striking.

As for day/night test, at least we've had some practice. Excellent to see Cook and Root in form.

The Windies are awful but I think the problem is not talent its application for me. The bowlers look too chunky to be bowling pace, look at Broad and Anderson against the frames of the WI's, they are obsessed with weights and just carry too much timber, always getting injured and look fatigued and can't bowl long quick spells.

Then you look at the Batting and its all forward drives and no one looks like they want to be set for a long period of time.

All Gold Chains and Bravado

It pains me to say this but Westley could be in trouble, he desperately needs a score in the second innings if we get to bat again, or the last test.

Westley fails again, at least Stoneman made a 50

In the last 50 innings England have been worse than 50/3 in 25 of them, horrendous stat that

Back