• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Cricket Thread

It shocked me!

The rise of Root and our white ball antics, distracted many from the team failings in test cricket.
I don't follow cricket, but I do listen to BBC radio who seem to interupt everything any time something interesting happens (2 seagulls mating in the outfield) and even I can see England seem to be able to lose from any position.
It's a summer game yet England travel the globe playing every fudging week. If the players are any good they must be bloody knackered. Either that or the squad is bigger than the audience.

I was at Essex's T20 match lastnight in our work box, Gooch came in and we chatted about lots of stuff for 10 mins or so

He is so pleased for Westley, said he is the real deal and will take to test cricket well

He is 100% loving Essex resurgence in Div One, said already very good players from other clubs have approached Essex about moving next year, reckons we need 2 wins from the last 6 games to win the league which would be a fantastic achievement when up against the big money clubs

I was at Essex's T20 match lastnight in our work box, Gooch came in and we chatted about lots of stuff for 10 mins or so

He is so pleased for Westley, said he is the real deal and will take to test cricket well

He is 100% loving Essex resurgence in Div One, said already very good players from other clubs have approached Essex about moving next year, reckons we need 2 wins from the last 6 games to win the league which would be a fantastic achievement when up against the big money clubs

I love that, I love Gooch, Mr Essex.

I spoke to him once and he loved how unfashionable Essex was considered as a county in Cricket during the Yorkshire snobbery days and how he loved sticking it to the other counties in the 80s/90s.

If we won the league this year it would be right up there in our history.

Yeh womens sport in general for me is not very watchable BUT cricket has evolved to a decent level, a lot of 300+ scores etc

CJ

England win the toss and elect to bat

Cook
Jennings
Westley
Root
Malan
Bairstow
Ali

That is a very very good top order

He might need a few runs in the 2nd innings to keep the wolves at bay, although he did bat very nicely, basically coming in as an opener.
He should be told you have 5 tests before we select for the Ashes, get yourself comfortable in those games and play your natural game

Jennings is a worry, since Cook/Strauss we've really struggled with our opening partnerships

Apparently the Aussie players are digging in on this pay dispute.

Ashes could be threatened if the Australian Cricket Board don't agree to the demands.

Or they play a bunch of nobodies and we smash them 5-0 :D
Has there been any further discussions on this, surely somebody will agree to a deal soon

Has there been any further discussions on this, surely somebody will agree to a deal soon

Apparently negotiations haven't progressed so it's going to a third party arbitration court. The Aussies tour to Bangladesh is in major doubt because of the pay dispute and obviously if it doesn't get sorted soon then the Ashes is at risk. Good news for us is that they're not getting any match practice as we enter the last few months prior to the Ashes series.

Excellent from England again yesterday, hopefully can wrap up the win

I'm in my companies box tomorrow at Essex for Day 1 of Essex v West Indies am looking forward to it

Back