• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Cricket Thread

I think the county scene is great now, the two tiers work perfectly (thats just my view)

As for England killing the game, we play like a one day team that works for and against us, Cook is the old school batsman in a team of cavalier players and foils the team really well. Other than the ECB making us play too many games I think England has it pretty well sorted now.

I agree the two tier system has improved things, but I believe the schedule of the game has become a slave to limited over cricket. I'm a Middlesex member and was delighted to see them win the championship but it seems crazy to me that they played 7 championship games (half the seasons fixtures) in late April/May period when the weather is usually erratic and only 4 in July/August when the weather and crowds could be better.

Yeh I agree on the schedule issues 100%

Only going to get worse with this franchise idea which will run alongside the normal T20

I take back all I said about batting first, that was insane and bad.

I still think we are an exciting team though, I won't be on too much of a downer with it

Not ideal in an Ashes year that they go and discover a spinner who can get 12 wickets in a match...
He's about as much a spinner as Lyon is .... ie not very good at spinning. He actually got most of his 12 wickets from not spinning the ball as the Indian batsmen were playing for spin and not picking the straight ball. Jadeja and Ashwin would have taken 10 wickets each in another game the way they bowled, just didn't get the luck.

Can't see India being so complacent in the next test.

On a side note, while Australia continue to pick the Marsh brothers I wouldn't be too concerned about the Ashes!! how they justify dropping Khawarja for Marsh is incredible

Back