• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Cricket Thread

I went to a " Evening with" many years ago where Fred was the main speaker, very funny guy who caused more smog with that bloody pipe then a car park full of cars did.

I was amazed when I first met him, as a kid/teenager I thought he was a giant yet he was shorter than me.
It's a fascinating game.

A lot of people think Angry Birds is a better game than Chess, so what do you expect!!!!

I was amazed when I first met him, as a kid/teenager I thought he was a giant yet he was shorter than me.

Everybody is a giant to me. Loved to have met him.

A lot of people think Angry Birds is a better game than Chess, so what do you expect!!!!

Im useless at both, I tried the chaos strategy at chess but that didnt work

England 100/0 chasing 270 odd for victory

Duckett looking very good again, I'd still like him to drop down and take Ballance's place bringing Habib into open though

For those interested the Philip Hughes inquest found.

1 it was an accident no one is to blame for his death.
2 it was a legitimate ball that killed him
3 Cricket Australia should look at how many bouncers a batsmen should face
4 the umpires should have basic medical training
5 cricket Australia should look at neck protectors as even current helmets would not have stopped the ball
6 sledding spoils a great game & players should think about what they say on the field no recommendations.

i Have been watching SA v Aus i did not realise how poor SA were all out 242 & they were lucky to get that many.
I expected a lot more from them to be honest.

edit spoke to soon aussies went from 0-150 to all out for 244 SA bowled really well once steyn left the field with a shoulder injury

Last edited:
The rule no longer says a fielder has to have control of the ball, think it changed about 10 years ago. I agree the bowler was stupid, I was told years ago not to throw the ball up.

Aussies putting on a good comedy show on BT at the moment...

it's fantastic to watch abbott & rabada were all over them. Smith there best player went 11 overs without a run.
SA won by an innings & 80 runs after they bowled the last 8 out for 40. once you get warner & smith the rest just collapse it's hilarious listening to the Aussie commentators.
They have now lost 5 tests in a row & all of a sudden it's a crisis. i hope the crisis continues

it's fantastic to watch abbott & rabada were all over them. Smith there best player went 11 overs without a run.
SA won by an innings & 80 runs after they bowled the last 8 out for 40. once you get warner & smith the rest just collapse it's hilarious listening to the Aussie commentators.
They have now lost 5 tests in a row & all of a sudden it's a crisis. i hope the crisis continues
Couldnt happen to a nicer team hahahaha

Yeah I watched them get mopped up last night, bar those two they've got nothing. Good bowling but some really soft outs amongst them too (what was Voges doing?).

Didn't they even lose a day of the game to rain, and they still lost by an innings?

I was on twitter earlier saying that although Australia are bad England are killing the game and out last match against India proved it.

Can't say I agree with that

Yeah I watched them get mopped up last night, bar those two they've got nothing. Good bowling but some really soft outs amongst them too (what was Voges doing?).

Didn't they even lose a day of the game to rain, and they still lost by an innings?

Yes the test match only lasted two days
voges was giving the slips some catching practice. As soon as the ball starts to move the Aussies just don't no what to do they look completely confused.

they are blaming t20 at the moment & have said only 4 players will remain for the next test a day nighter in adelaide.
if last year is anything to go by the pink ball will be swinging all over the place

I was on twitter earlier saying that although Australia are bad England are killing the game and out last match against India proved it.

Can't say I agree with that

i was under the impression that india were lucky not to lose the first test.
living in oz i rely on websites for my info which can be biased one way or another.
why do people think England are killing the game.

Just a bitter Aussie spilling his bile. I've been going to watch cricket from the 50's and alter in many ways from changes in the laws, scoring rates, over rates and limited over cricket. Currently todays cricket seem to want to cater to a consumer with limited attention span and little or no interest in anything other than big hitters, fireworks and pop music, to me that's killing cricket. county cricket struggles to get big crowds and apart from a few matches always has. Test cricket thrives in England despite the ridiculous cost at some venues, in the West Indies and the sub continent locals are mainly interested in watching their team bat and few attend when they are not. I have always thought we have too many first class teams in this country and standards would improve if there were less teams, but turkeys are never going to vote for christmas.

I think the county scene is great now, the two tiers work perfectly (thats just my view)

As for England killing the game, we play like a one day team that works for and against us, Cook is the old school batsman in a team of cavalier players and foils the team really well. Other than the ECB making us play too many games I think England has it pretty well sorted now.

Back