• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

VAR: Sponsored by Chelsea

That was part of my point re; using as a helping tool where the ref requests further information other than the split second he gets.
And completely agree re; no slow mo. If the benefit of a different angle or just seeing it again doesn't add to the information, then you carry on.
Who the angles but at normal speed too
The Lo Celso one looks fine in normal speed and awful in super slow mo... you can’t judge intent in slo motion yet all you hear is dangerous play

I think the form of words they use talks about "directed actions," rather than intent, which presumably they decided his putting his foot down to stop himself falling over wasn't.

It's an indication of VAR's credibility among fans that no one on here have bothered to slate VAR's inability to correct the ridiculous yellow card to Fred for diving yesterday. It was plain to see from the replays that there was contact, and that this was much closer to a penalty than diving. Yet the VAR team did nothing.

It's an indication of VAR's credibility among fans that no one on here have bothered to slate VAR's inability to correct the ridiculous yellow card to Fred for diving yesterday. It was plain to see from the replays that there was contact, and that this was much closer to a penalty than diving. Yet the VAR team did nothing.

Because they can't for yellow card offences?

Which begs the question, why exclude yellow card decisions from the process? If it's a mistake, it's a mistake, thus potentially more costly because there is no chance of redress.
I was just about to say the same thing. It's just a decision, like all others, that could be wrong.

Yellow cards are obviously a step to a red card. If a player then does something that warrants a second yellow, they can't VAR the red on the basis that he should never have got the first yellow as their hands are tied.

We want as many correct decisions as possible. All avenues should be open to achieve that. Quirks of the rules or procedure are just not helpful.

Because they can't for yellow card offences?

So can they not look at the penalty decision because of the booking? Surely they must have looked at it and said you've made a mistake.
I thought the whole point was to stop mistakes like that, clear penalty the ref missed so why not intervene?

Baffling.

So can they not look at the penalty decision because of the booking? Surely they must have looked at it and said you've made a mistake.
I thought the whole point was to stop mistakes like that, clear penalty the ref missed so why not intervene?

Baffling.

It's incredible how much of a mess they mange to turn an otherwise good concept into.

I'm sure you're correct, but that makes absolutely no sense. Zero. Even a blind rodent would not make sense of that rule.

Sorry, not having seen the game yesterday I didn’t properly grasp the point. If the yellow card was due to a wrong call on what should have been a penalty then yes you’d think the VAR check of a potential penalty (and we’re told everything is checked even if it doesn’t stop play) would lead to the card being over turned, because it would be replaced by the foul for the penalty. I think. Can only assume the ‘not clear and obvious’ was applied - although not having seen the game I’d better just stop guessing!

Sorry, not having seen the game yesterday I didn’t properly grasp the point. If the yellow card was due to a wrong call on what should have been a penalty then yes you’d think the VAR check of a potential penalty (and we’re told everything is checked even if it doesn’t stop play) would lead to the card being over turned, because it would be replaced by the foul for the penalty. I think. Can only assume the ‘not clear and obvious’ was applied - although not having seen the game I’d better just stop guessing!

Guessing why VAR are or aren't taking any action, more often than not is the best we can do, it seems...

I am the first to confess I don't know the rules in detail, but those in charge should at least try to make them sensible and easily applied. I'm sure you can find that particular incident somewhere online to judge for yourself how clear and obvious that incident was - even for me, who normally enjoy Manure not having refereeing decisions go their way for a change, that was a clear foul. :eek:

Back