• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

VAR: Sponsored by Chelsea

I think the data links between wherever and Stockley Park ‘might‘ be a problem with time delays.
They may be better of with a tech van outsider the/every ground.

Someone really should be made to explain why Aubemayoung was sent off and why Sterling wasn't.

I get it that two refs judging incidents in real time can come to different conclusions, but when you have a team of refs rewatching incidents for minutes - refs who at the very least should be aware of recent sending offs and look to apply some sort of consistency in their decision making - it makes absolutely no sense that these two fouls didn't have the identical outcome.

Someone really should be made to explain why Aubemayoung was sent off and why Sterling wasn't.

I get it that two refs judging incidents in real time can come to different conclusions, but when you have a team of refs rewatching incidents for minutes - refs who at the very least should be aware of recent sending offs and look to apply some sort of consistency in their decision making - it makes absolutely no sense that these two fouls didn't have the identical outcome.

firstly, if two referee’s, after the same training, can watch a piece of footage and come to different conclusions, the laws of the game are flawed

secondly, it’s because there is an inherent bias to the “top” teams, if the arse were still in the top 4 aubameyang would have got away with it too

191127-british-banknotes-al-1051_847c24079f3145ceb6390d90a61bdc64.fit-760w.jpg

I reckon the VAR would have bottled it and said nothing. No one apart from Kevin Friend the VAR and possibly Mike Dean knew the review was still ongoing anyway. So goal scored, just carry on.

Maybe but would Dean want to give up the chance to be centre stage and possibly go down in sporting history to disallow it and go back for a penalty?

If City had scored, they'd have let it ride*; if Spurs had scored, it would have been brought back.

* Imagine the hilarity/consternation if they had, but Dean had ruled it out and awarded them a penalty, which Lloris then saved.

...And, in the meantime, someone had been sent off for destroying Sterling's right knee, but then they had to come back on because the card was deemed never to have been issued.

Last edited:
If City had scored, they'd have let it ride*; if Spurs had scored, it would have been bought back.

* Imagine the hilarity/consternation if they had, but Dean had ruled it out and awarded them a penalty, which Lloris then saved.

...And, in the meantime, someone had been sent off for destroying Sterling's right knee, but then they had to come back on because the card was deemed never to have been issued.

Inny meanny minny moo where VAR is concerned its a fudging joke.

I wonder what would have happened if Spurs had gone up the other end and scored in the 2 minutes it took to call it?
I think this did happen recently where a team scored and it was struck off and they awarded a penalty the other way from an earlier passage of play?

Back