• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

VAR: Sponsored by Chelsea

I said this from the outset, watch how its done in the NFL, the refs use all pitch side monitors available to them, there are coaching challenges etc, yes it slows the game and there are STILL mistakes but the crowd and TV audience always know what's going on, one thing the US does right is sports.

I said this from the outset, watch how its done in the NFL, the refs use all pitch side monitors available to them, there are coaching challenges etc, yes it slows the game and there are STILL mistakes but the crowd and TV audience always know what's going on, one thing the US does right is sports.
Most important difference is that there's no weighting on the on-field decision unless they genuinely can't call it on review.

Not sure if serious?

American Football, Basketball, ice hockey and Baseball are brick! Or are you making a specific point about the refereeing of these games?

Remove that and you fix VAR overnight.
Can't see what the refs are so scared of. If after a game, a ref is asked why VAR proved he made five bad calls, he should answer, well that's what VAR is for, I have to read the game in split seconds. Would anyone be bothered if it meant better calls? Refs and lino's would get less abuse in the long run; they'd be better off.

Because of the different rules in the EPL and the CL

The natural follow up question is:

Who the fudge allowed different rules for football in different countries? I thought that was abolished 150 years ago when the laws of the game were established.

The natural follow up question is:

Who the fudge allowed different rules for football in different countries? I thought that was abolished 150 years ago when the laws of the game were established.

we don’t even play the same rules in all of the leagues in this country

Back