• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Teddy Sheringham 50 today!

Roy1983

Edward Sheringham
Happy 50th birthday to my favourite striker ever to wear a Spurs shirt.

I was always Teddy in the playground and can't believe he is now 50!

All the best!

Reactions: DTA
I saw him play for Millwall Res a couple of times in the 80's and wrote to Terry Venables saying he would be an ideal player for us, obviously a crank letter as I never got a reply. Unfortunately there was no YouTube back then so couldn't make a video showing a bloke who couldn't trap a box of kippers look like Pele.

He was a hell of a player

Pity he is trying to tell our players to go to Man Utd

Exactly. Not sure why some Spurs fans celebrate him so much. He is a traitor ! Once a traitor, always a traitor ! He forced us to sell him to ManU. And Campbell was influenced by that to move as well. Nowadays, he only talks highly about ManU, always trying to get our players to move there !

Any player not wanting to play for Man Utd is lacking in ambition, unless they have set their aims higher for European giants. They are the top team in this country despite where they are at this moment in time.

Exactly. Not sure why some Spurs fans celebrate him so much. He is a traitor ! Once a traitor, always a traitor ! He forced us to sell him to ManU. And Campbell was influenced by that to move as well. Nowadays, he only talks highly about ManU, always trying to get our players to move there !

What an absolute load of bollox!

I was gutted when he left us, especially for just £3.5m, but he had to go. From August 1992 to 1997 he was our standout best player bar Klinsmann. He had it in him to play for a top club which we simply weren't at the time. To compare what that clam did in 2001 is ridiculous too. Teddy was the only good thing in those appalling 5 years bar Klinsmann as I say.

What an absolute load of bollox!

I was gutted when he left us, especially for just £3.5m, but he had to go. From August 1992 to 1997 he was our standout best player bar Klinsmann. He had it in him to play for a top club which we simply weren't at the time. To compare what that clam did in 2001 is ridiculous too. Teddy was the only good thing in those appalling 5 years bar Klinsmann as I say.

Sheringham was my favourite player that time. But can never forgive him for forcing us to sell him to ManU, the team who have fecked us the most on and off the field in the PL era ! Really hate the way he still worships ManU. Can never understand why people can forgive a traitor like Sheringham but refuses to forgive someone like Ghaly whose only mistake was throwing away the shirt in anger !

Couldn't give a brick for Teddy.
Arrogant clown in real life from multiple good sources. Reckon he'd give Robbie Keane a run for his money in terms of boyhood clubs he's supported.

If Sheringham's exit happened in any way like he says it did in his autobiography then I completely understand his reasons for doing so. Sugar dingdonged him about, he was in his 30s and had never won anything and the biggest club in the country wanted him whilst Tottenham were signing players like Ramon Vega and Andy Sinton. At least he stopped Arsenal winning the league a few times and then came back to play for Hoddle.

If Sheringham's exit happened in any way like he says it did in his autobiography then I completely understand his reasons for doing so. Sugar dingdonged him about, he was in his 30s and had never won anything and the biggest club in the country wanted him whilst Tottenham were signing players like Ramon Vega and Andy Sinton. At least he stopped Arsenal winning the league a few times and then came back to play for Hoddle.

Anyone calling him a traitor doesn't understand the meaning of the word

Sheringham was my favourite player that time. But can never forgive him for forcing us to sell him to ManU, the team who have fecked us the most on and off the field in the PL era ! Really hate the way he still worships ManU. Can never understand why people can forgive a traitor like Sheringham but refuses to forgive someone like Ghaly whose only mistake was throwing away the shirt in anger !

When you compare the contributions each of them made to the club and their performances whilst they were with us it is a bit easier to understand.

I've missed this. What did he say and about whom?

He has said all week that United need Alli and Kane

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...League-Manchester-United-Dele-Alli-Harry-Kane

He always says our best players should go there

I've met him a few times and don't kid yourself into thinking he is Spurs ... He likes the white stuff more than the Milky bar kid and is about as loyal as judas escariad

He even used to boast that he will be Spurs manager one day so we should worship him now

Last edited:
He has said all week that United need Alli and Kane

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...League-Manchester-United-Dele-Alli-Harry-Kane

He always says our best players should go there

I've met him a few times and don't kid yourself into thinking he is Spurs ... He likes the white stuff more than the Milky bar kid and is about as loyal as judas escariad

He even used to boast that he will be Spurs manager one day so we should worship him now

Thanks. Reading the quotes, I don't think that he is telling our players that they should go to United, I think that he is saying that United need to sign the best players and that we need to hold onto them.

Thanks. Reading the quotes, I don't think that he is telling our players that they should go to United, I think that he is saying that United need to sign the best players and that we need to hold onto them.
He needs to actually say nothing
this isn't the first time either

He needs to actually say nothing
this isn't the first time either

He's been paid to say something that will get into the papers so that the sponsor of the event gets coverage.

I am under no illusion that the man is a bit of a dingdong and is not a Spurs fan. I don't really care, he was a good player for us and a bright point during some very dark times.

He's been paid to say something that will get into the papers so that the sponsor of the event gets coverage.

I am under no illusion that the man is a bit of a dingdong and is not a Spurs fan. I don't really care, he was a good player for us and a bright point during some very dark times.

True

Back