• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Technology And Refereeing

Not sure im a fan to use it for everything, goals is fair enough as long as it doesn't see goals being ruled out over silly things - i.e. 30 yarders being ruled out for someone being slightly offside

However introducing it would mean Arsenal languishing about 14th

Also the players are wandering back into position during that review time... It's not like they all waited near the corner flag for the refs permission to go slide on his knees and start the celebration again ;)

I didn't know it was being used in high profile games yet.. it's good to see

I love this! Not sure why it takes that long though. Why is the ref talking at all? He should just get a message "it's a goal" and call it. Why does he have to talk at all? With a bit of practise this could take 10 seconds or less. It just looks archaic now as it's so new. In the second video you can hear Townsend or whoever it is calling the offside way before the ref does, which he obviously shouldn't be able to. You get replays instantly, if the video ref gets a sideview camera angle basically a split second after a goal has occured, it should take no longer than 10 seconds for him to call it as goal/no goal, and just send a beep to the ref - green or red, or whatever. It definitely won't take 40 seconds on average if this gets implemented.

Love it! I need TP for my bunghole! :D

An added effect is that it might stop players going so over the top with celebrations (especially tacoty, scripted ones) if their goal might still be disallowed.

they should review every goal, with a caveat that any goal (legitimate or not) will be chalked off should every player of the scoring team not be back in their own half within 30 seconds of the ball crossing the line

I love this! Not sure why it takes that long though. Why is the ref talking at all? He should just get a message "it's a goal" and call it. Why does he have to talk at all? With a bit of practise this could take 10 seconds or less. It just looks archaic now as it's so new. In the second video you can hear Townsend or whoever it is calling the offside way before the ref does, which he obviously shouldn't be able to. You get replays instantly, if the video ref gets a sideview camera angle basically a split second after a goal has occured, it should take no longer than 10 seconds for him to call it as goal/no goal, and just send a beep to the ref - green or red, or whatever. It definitely won't take 40 seconds on average if this gets implemented.

Love it! I need TP for my bunghole! :D

time for the person in the booth to watch the replay from a couple of angles a few times I guess

This is great to see

Justice at last

Offside goals ruled out. Onside goals given.

This will really help to balance out the injustices of playing at Old Trafford etc.

Very pleased with this, it will be down to 20 seconds soon, absolutely fine.

for me timekeeping should be like American Football and Rugby

There is an independant timekeeper in the stands who everytime the game stops the big scoreboard shows the time stopped, the game is over when 90 mins is up, no more quibbling with the referee's giving fergie time etc

Gives the ref one less thing to think about also

It would be great if this technology would resolve the problem but until the governing bodies come up with a fair ruling on offside there will still be arguments. I'm thinking particularly of a situation where a wide player has the ball and there is a team mate in an offside position at the back post area yet he pulls the ball back to an other team mate who scores, has the presence of the player at the back of the goal influenced the keepers position even though he not in his eye line?

It would be great if this technology would resolve the problem but until the governing bodies come up with a fair ruling on offside there will still be arguments. I'm thinking particularly of a situation where a wide player has the ball and there is a team mate in an offside position at the back post area yet he pulls the ball back to an other team mate who scores, has the presence of the player at the back of the goal influenced the keepers position even though he not in his eye line?

I look forward to seeing a few goals chalked off because of players loitering in offside positions trying to unsight or distract the keeper. I hate seeing teams get away with crap like that. If you're offside anywhere in the 6-yard box, or deemed to be in the keeper's eyeline, it should always be given IMO.

I look forward to seeing a few goals chalked off because of players loitering in offside positions trying to unsight or distract the keeper. I hate seeing teams get away with crap like that. If you're offside anywhere in the 6-yard box, or deemed to be in the keeper's eyeline, it should always be given IMO.
West Brom vs Arsenal? That was like the above situation and was given. I'm happy when things go our way and especially against the goons!

Back