• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Technology And Refereeing

But how do you fairly stop the game to make challenge? How quickly does the challenge have to be made?

How do you fairly restart the game if the challenge fails?

What stops using a challenge to break up a counter attack late in the game?

It's a minefield.

It's not, start with limits

- you can question goals/penalty decisions - game has stopped anyway
- you can question red/yellow card calls - as above, game has stopped anyway

If you just added that to goal line technology you would have a better game than today.

It's not, start with limits

- you can question goals/penalty decisions - game has stopped anyway
- you can question red/yellow card calls - as above, game has stopped anyway

If you just added that to goal line technology you would have a better game than today.

I agree that it should only be used for review when the game is already stopped, but then only for reds and pens, not yellows. Goals are already covered.

There should be no challenges or reviews of "non-decisions" where the game would be interrupted.

On another note, they should put up a 6 second countdown on the TV when the keeper is holding the ball. Then alert the ref when go over... happens all the time.

I agree that it should only be used for review when the game is already stopped, but then only for reds and pens, not yellows. Goals are already covered.

There should be no challenges or reviews of "non-decisions" where the game would be interrupted.

On another note, they should put up a 6 second countdown on the TV when the keeper is holding the ball. Then alert the ref when go over... happens all the time.
That would just encourage refs to make the decision that stops play more.

They already tried an "eight-second rule" or whatever it was for keepers with the ball, didn't they? Died a death and now never gets a mention.

... he contradicted himself by saying.

They already tried an "eight-second rule" or whatever it was for keepers with the ball, didn't they? Died a death and now never gets a mention.

... he contradicted himself by saying.
It was 6 seconds and it did work sort of. Generally the keepers don't take the absolute tinkle like they used to.

They should introduce a time rule for throw in's too.

Edit: I always thought that if the opposing keeper was repeatedly taking too long with the kick outs that the crowd should start a countdown to help the ref out.:)

Last edited:
I think we just need to make sure we have top quality divers and cheats playing for us. Dele and Danny do their part, Walker and Vert have their moments. The rest of the lads really need to step it up. We can't eliminate referee phuck ups, so let's make sure we are on the right end of them! ;)

It was 6 seconds and it did work sort of. Generally the keepers don't take the absolute tinkle like they used to.

They should introduce a time rule for throw in's too.

Edit: I always thought that if the opposing keeper was repeatedly taking too long with the kick outs that the crowd should start a countdown to help the ref out.:)
We do.

Surely having 2 reviews a game does nothing to address the standard of ref'

If a ref has a clanger then games will still be affected by poor decisions.

This does nothing to address the games level of officiating

Managers and players soon sus out which refs they can waste time with and one of the ploys I've noticed is someone has a chat with the ref while the keeper is fannying about with a goal kick and they don't notice.

Surely having 2 reviews a game does nothing to address the standard of ref'

If a ref has a clanger then games will still be affected by poor decisions.

This does nothing to address the games level of officiating
Rubbish. Many games are decided by 2 decisions.

You do not understand the term "nothing". It means "zero".

Rubbish. Many games are decided by 2 decisions.

You do not understand the term "nothing". It means "zero".

And many are decided by alot more

The point I am making is this does nothing to improve the actual performances of the ref's themselves which is what I believe should be looked at more rather than replacing his power with technology and slowing the game down.

Back