• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Technical advice on a 4K TV.

stinkfoot

Eidur Gudjohnsen
I've bought a Samsung UE48JU6445 UHD 4K TV today and it looks great and all but now I'm reading things about potential lag when it comes to gaming (PS4) due to "upscaling" which can really hinder fast paced/reaction type games.

I was just wondering if anyone has any knowledge or experience of this and if it causes a problem?

I did have a couple of minutes on COD AW just to check the PS4 was working and it did seem a little weird but I put that down to a larger screen for the first time.

Any tech heads that can put my mind at ease? (I tried to google but couldn't find anything specific about my TV).

Thanks in advance. :)

I don't have a 4k TV and I'm not s serious gamer, but it's the same scare stories every time new TV appears. I read the same thing with my first plasma, projector and 3d TV and I've never noticed it.
Don't worry about and enjoy your new gadget

Aaaaand buried deep in the bowels of the various option menus is "game mode" which enables faster gameplay if using consoles but which "might lower graphical quality slightly". :rolleyes:

That's why I don't want to change my plasma. Plasmas are so much better. Shame they don't make them anymore. Gaming, football and anything fast moving isn't a problem. The picture is also no natural. The newer TVs are too bright.

That's why I don't want to change my plasma. Plasmas are so much better. Shame they don't make them anymore. Gaming, football and anything fast moving isn't a problem. The picture is also no natural. The newer TVs are too bright.
They should invent some sort of brightness adjustment. And maybe contrast and colour adjustment too

Back