• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tanguy Ndombele

What a ridiculous reply. A little dramatic no?
It’s just my impression that he’s not going full pelt because of this adductor injury he supposedly had. Does he not look like he’s holding back?
Please make a video... what’s wrong with you... bloody hell
I thought the same thing about Sessegnon, that perhaps his hamstring injury was part of the reason we hadn’t seen him take anyone on when he was paying amf. Glad I didn’t say anything now!

I think some fans fail to see that sometimes it takes players from abroad to settle into a different game, training schedules, life styles etc, on top of that if they are carrying injurys its not as easy as some think it should be.

We will probably not see the best of our new signings until next season.

I think some fans fail to see that sometimes it takes players from abroad to settle into a different game, training schedules, life styles etc, on top of that if they are carrying injurys its not as easy as some think it should be.

I agree with you in general.

Makes me worried when there seems to be a lack of effort when defending combined with a history of a somewhat questionable attitude. Because in my opinion effort and attitude are vital in successfully adapting.

Mourinho won't allow him to not put in the effort for long. He will succeed or be pushed out at some point next season I think. And if he succeeds we have a tremendous player.

Makes me worried when there seems to be a lack of effort when defending combined with a history of a somewhat questionable attitude. Because in my opinion effort and attitude are vital in successfully adapting.

Mourinho won't allow him to not put in the effort for long. He will succeed or be pushed out at some point next season I think. And if he succeeds we have a tremendous player.
I don't want to get into a stats battle at a and I can definitely understand the view of weak defensive work but actually as I showed above his tackling rate stats are matched only by Winks and only slightly bettered. His stats do not show a player lacking in defensive work rate. His running does appear laboured but that can be his style and a combination of lack of fitness and sharpness.

Yes, but we are starting to use this as an excuse in NDombele's case. He just looks awkward and brittle. His rumoured high skill level will stay just that 'a rumour' if he is unable to stand up to any physical challenges. He's been here for 6 months I could understand if he arrived in January.
This is NOT a settling in problem this is a player who is made of glass. We simply have to stop these poor transfers.
I am hoping against hope he starts to at least get some 'complete' games under his belt to improve his stamina/fitness.

Last edited:

I do agree with you and my post was more about all new players who move here from other counties more then Tanguy. I posted the below earlier in the thread and its more to do with his focus that seems strange to me.

Much to early to make judgements on him but i must admit he does look unfocused much of the time.

Yes, but we are starting to use this as an excuse in NDombele's case. He just looks awkward and brittle. His rumoured high skill level will stay just that 'a rumour' if he is unable to stand up to any physical challenges. He's been here for 6 months I could understand if he arrived in January.
This is NOT a settling in problem this is a player who is made of glass. We simply have to stop these poor transfers.
I am hoping against hope he starts to at lease get some 'complete' games under his belt to improve his stamina/fitness.

I really do believe its far too early to suggest its a poor transfer just yet.

I don't want to get into a stats battle at a and I can definitely understand the view of weak defensive work but actually as I showed above his tackling rate stats are matched only by Winks and only slightly bettered. His stats do not show a player lacking in defensive work rate. His running does appear laboured but that can be his style and a combination of lack of fitness and sharpness.
I saw the stats, that's fair in showing something. It's not a great indicator of overall defensive contribution. I think we agree...
I am hoping against hope he starts to at least get some 'complete' games under his belt to improve his stamina/fitness.
His skills are far from a rumor.

I can understand taking time to adapt, physically, mentally. And really even players adapted to the PL and their club sometimes have seasons plagued by injuries and poor fitness levels.

There's a truly special player in him. I can easily see why we signed him, but perhaps there are reasons why despite his obvious talents bigger clubs didn't go for him.

I'm happy enough that Mourinho will have him sorted out or out the door. We also have other options now with Lo Celso settling into a deeper role, Winks finding form and Gedson looking promising. We're much less reliant on Ndombele to succeed quickly than it seemed just a couple of months back.

What that shows is they're all not very good at it.

And I think that has been showing

Was watching a video of him last season in the French league and it was like looking at Dembele two or three season’s ago. Quite spooky, Ive never seen so many unnecessary pirouettes.

Ndembelly has the ingredients to be a supercharged Dembele if we can just give him the necessary motivation to slim down and get fit

To have a highlights video like that after so few games (half-games, even) is exceptional. Such balance. Breaks the press, passes the ball forward. If Mourinho can get him into shape, we'll finally have a record signing worthy of the sobriquet.

Back