• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tanguy Ndombele

This! But didn't someone here say he had attitude problems before he arrived?

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app
Yup, he’s got the talent to be a world beater but red flags against his attitude and commitment... hopefully Ndombele’s career doesn’t peter out like David Bentley because he finds being a top class professional too much like hard work.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ele-complete-midfielder-focus-spurs-tottenham

Talk to anybody in France about Ndombele and one word recurs: nonchalance. It is not meant as a compliment and takes in the impression that he has not always been the most hard-working player. Perhaps it is because his talent is so big that everything comes easily to him.

“He was nonchalant,” Sullivan Martinet, his youth team captain at Guingamp, told Ouest France. “He was so strong that we were expecting more from him, more consistency. He didn’t try maybe as much. He didn’t give the impression of always being 100%. With hindsight, what harmed him was his behaviour off the pitch. We were less talented but we wanted it more than him.”

Genesio would betray a similar frustration with Ndombele last season, when he wondered in public how he could be so good against Emirates Marketing Project in the Champions League but so disappointing in some lower-profile games. It is rare to hear Genesio putting such criticisms on the record and it created headlines. That said, he could have applied them to virtually any of his Lyon players and Ndombele’s youth and lack of top-level experience surely had to be considered.

Ndombele had another problem at Guingamp – a propensity to be slightly overweight – and it was cited among the reasons for the refusal to give him a senior deal. “People told me he could put on weight,” said Philippe Le Maire, who was on the club’s youth staff. “To put it in simple terms – he built his bottom half before the top.”

Guess we should’ve known what expect when his last manager said he’s the new Pogba!

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...tanguy-ndombele-could-become-a-new-paul-pogba

Last edited:
OK guys please engage your brains and realise what I am saying here...

Ndombele looked INCREDIBLE on youtube but...

I was a bit surprised by his pace/style of jogging around i.e. I am used to seeing Winks and Sissoko and Skipp pelting around at full pace like electric rabbits... Tanguy was more like yer da' jogging about and turning and ambling back and slowly tracking back... I was expecting a Kanté style scurrying frenetic sprint, but it was more of a loping "hey I'll get there when I get there guys" stride.

The above was my take on him, 21st July, after a few minutes in a friendly.

You can see in every match and every training video that Ndombele is excited when he gets the ball, but very lethargic without it. He leans forward and has a comically exaggerated loping stride, without the ball.

Ah, Berbatov. That arrogant, insouciant swagger.

I missed it when he left.

And Enter The Pitbull's brilliant video compilations of his great plays and goals.

he would be fine in League 1.
he makes Pogba look like Kante

who the hell picks these players?
disaster yet again
feel sorry for him and us.

he would be fine in League 1.
he makes Pogba look like Kante

who the hell picks these players?
disaster yet again
feel sorry for him and us.
You're being far too reactionary. Mou has said himself he's not up to speed yet and couldn't play the full 90. He even made it clear before the match that his fitness was still off.

Recall the first couple of games this season before his first injury his fitness and effort was fine. He is taking longer than we would like to get back up to speed but we have already seen better work from him than yesterday's game.

Give it time.

I'm honestly quite baffled at people actually saying N'Dombele is a disaster - whaaat?! What planet do you live on? He's been out injured, isn't quite up to speed yet, needs a bit of time to settle - but the talent on show is just beyond ridiculous - he's doing things with a football I haven't seen from many players before. There are bits of both Modric and Dembele in him. His first touch is unbelievable, he's got quickness and vision (he sees things most players don't and executes before you're even able to call it from the armchair), great passing, he's got a great burst of pace. I do agree that he looks unfit and doesn't quite have the stamina to last a full game - but of all the shortcomings of a footballer, a lack of stamina/fitness must surely be the best one - we know that can be trained fairly easily.

My concern is that he looks like he still isn’t quite trusting his body not to breakdown again. Yes he’s not playing at full pelt yet but he will get there. Can’t wait to see more NDombele and Lo Celso

Back