• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tanguy Ndombele

Good to see him back on the pitch. Great assist and several moments of real quality.

Hopefully he'll get a run without injuries now and increasing fitness.

Good to see him back on the pitch. Great assist and several moments of real quality.

Hopefully he'll get a run without injuries now and increasing fitness.
Fitness could be a lot about him but you have to think with the 121 coaching he will have his head in the right place now

Agree with the above sentiments, though personally I'd be playing Winks and GLC as our first choice CM pairing over the next month or so and gradually bring Tanguy in, probably as a stand-in for Dele as much as the CMs in the short term

In fact, whilst we're waiting for Kane to get fit, him playing in the Dele role has a lot of benefits as the ball sticks to him and he's strong so can hold the ball up and help us get up the pitch

Then next season work out where his long-term position is (CM) and our best formation

He is clearly an incredibly talented player. Ability on the ball and the eye for a pass. Does need to learn where is safe on the pitch to attempt to beat a player though, I think he tried a dangerous take on around the half way line yesterday, lost the ball to result in City on the attack without us having a good number of men behind the ball.

Agree with the above sentiments, though personally I'd be playing Winks and GLC as our first choice CM pairing over the next month or so and gradually bring Tanguy in, probably as a stand-in for Dele as much as the CMs in the short term

In fact, whilst we're waiting for Kane to get fit, him playing in the Dele role has a lot of benefits as the ball sticks to him and he's strong so can hold the ball up and help us get up the pitch

Then next season work out where his long-term position is (CM) and our best formation

I agree with TN looking to be competition for Dele 100%, that will hopefully bring out the best of them.

What a 20 minutes from N'dombele though. The last one against Rodri in the compilation is outrageous, good times to come and hopefully the fitness and conditioning is there now because having him available for 90 minutes will be huge.

Only point I disagree on is deciding on a midfield pairing and saying "that's that", it probably works certain opposition (some top class) but I think you're going to have issues with Winks and GLC against Chelsea for example. Immediately midfield will get overrun and you've got more of Dele dropping back as the game goes on etc etc

I agree with TN looking to be competition for Dele 400%, that will hopefully bring out the best of them.

What a 20 minutes from N'dombele though. The last one against Rodri in the compilation is outrageous, good times to come and hopefully the fitness and conditioning is there now because having him available for 90 minutes will be huge.

Only point I disagree on is deciding on a midfield pairing and saying "that's that", it probably works certain opposition (some top class) but I think you're going to have issues with Winks and GLC against Chelsea for example. Immediately midfield will get overrun and you've got more of Dele dropping back as the game goes on etc etc

My point on trying to keep with a pairing for the next month or so is that we've had a lot of chopping and changing recently and the team could do with getting some consistency. Developing partnerships whether at CB, CM, a RB with a RW, a CF and no 10,....wherever on the pitch helps with that.

I agree with TN looking to be competition for Dele 400%, that will hopefully bring out the best of them.

What is it about the Chelsea team that makes you think that we'd be more likely to get overrun than against Liverpool and Emirates Marketing Project for example?

What is it about the Chelsea team that makes you think that we'd be more likely to get overrun than against Liverpool and Emirates Marketing Project for example?

Well it happened the last time right? Emirates Marketing Project have their best DM playing CB cause of squad issues and are not exactly physical beasts in the first place. Kante, Jorginho, Kovacic is the likely trio we'll face and that's a lot more to come up against in midfield, especially for a diminutive pairing.

Could have said Wolves rather than Chelsea, really just any team that has a proper engine room.

Don't get me wrong I like the players but the combination seems one we can more "get away with" against certain opposition.
My point on trying to keep with a pairing for the next month or so is that we've had a lot of chopping and changing recently and the team could do with getting some consistency. Developing partnerships whether at CB, CM, a RB with a RW, a CF and no 10,....wherever on the pitch helps with that.

Don't get me wrong I like the players but the combination seems one we can more "get away with" against certain opposition if played as a pairing. Throw in Gedson or N'dombele and it's a different proposition.

It's like the whole best XI idea, as much as we want it all about us, our best team is going to depend on who we're up against.

Edit - Liking the filter work in the above post, got to start using that phrase more in my day to day

I cannot wait to see him on a run of consecutive full games in the team.
My expectations have been raised to a high level.
We could see a number of opponents collapsing with dizziness, twisted ankles or just bewilderment when faced with this boy's ability.

One of my favourite Spurs moments was from years back against Chelsea when Robbie Keane took on Khalid Boulharouz on the touchline and, just with a bit of shimmying, caused him to fall over.
Tanguy seems to have that aura about him

Well it happened the last time right? Emirates Marketing Project have their best DM playing CB cause of squad issues and are not exactly physical hunks of burning love in the first place. Kante, Jorginho, Kovacic is the likely trio we'll face and that's a lot more to come up against in midfield, especially for a diminutive pairing.

Could have said Wolves rather than Chelsea, really just any team that has a proper engine room.

Don't get me wrong I like the players but the combination seems one we can more "get away with" against certain opposition.

Don't get me wrong I like the players but the combination seems one we can more "get away with" against certain opposition if played as a pairing. Throw in Gedson or N'dombele and it's a different proposition.

It's like the whole best XI idea, as much as we want it all about us, our best team is going to depend on who we're up against.

Edit - Liking the filter work in the above post, got to start using that phrase more in my day to day
We haven't seen much from Gedson yet. Ndombele is rather strong and quick, so far he seems average at best defensively to me though. Hoping he'll show a lot more as he settles and improves his fitness.

Replacing Winks in particular, but also Lo Celso, with him seems like it would increase the risk of having to get away with things rather than decreasing it. Particularly as they're actually starting to form a good partnership with a good balance, something we've been missing for a long time.

His passing really is a great asset for him and for us. Him and Lo Celso have already shown me how important they both are for us. We don’t have another CM even close to Ndombele’s range of passing.

Chelsea wouldn’t have won if we hadn’t made basic errors and had a ref do his job
So for all their dominance the biggest impact was the throw in error, the keeper error and sonny’s red

Chelsea wouldn’t have won if we hadn’t made basic errors and had a ref do his job
So for all their dominance the biggest impact was the throw in error, the keeper error and sonny’s red
We weren't winning either.

But ifs, buts and maybe.

We weren't winning either.

But ifs, buts and maybe.
Never said we was
But their first goal shouldn’t have stood
We were getting a foothold in the game and then Gaza’s done what he did... changed the game with the timing of that

let’s see when we play them again and their under a bit of pressure

I hope Ndombele can get his head right (thats all it is), if so we can really see the heart of the team take shape.

We can give 3 a go in Winks La Celso And Ndombele. So much more short to mid range creativity, that fits with the supply our forwards need.

One less forward needed as well.

I hope Ndombele can get his head right (thats all it is), if so we can really see the heart of the team take shape.

We can give 3 a go in Winks La Celso And Ndombele. So much more short to mid range creativity, that fits with the supply our forwards need.

One less forward needed as well.
And I think we would see more goals from Ndom and of course Lo Celso

Back