• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tanguy Ndombele

At this stage it seems like a player sneezing nearby will cause young Tanguy to limp around like Igor for at least 3 / 4 minutes of the game.

I think his first involvement in the game Wednesday was him hobbling out of a half paced half arsed battle for the ball with the imposing Arnie-like physical specimen that is Jessie f*cking Lingard then meaning he did sweet F A for the next 5 minutes as the game passed him by.

People may jump at me for not giving him enough time and he's very young yada yada yada but I'm not writing him off. It's just that his shortfalls are massively clear and we aren't good enough to have passengers, in midfield of all places. He's going to look a world beater with a strong, physical and hard working midfield around him but the issue is that Winks is only one of those things, Sissoko is babysitting the trainwreck RB situation sometimes to no avail and Dier is still treading treacle.

You shouldn't have to make major signings to accomodate a 55m midfielder, the 55m midfielder should be of the required quality to complete the puzzle. I'm not convinced he is going to form a solid partnership as part of a 2, and you'd be mad to bring Dele back deeper so it should be an interesting one in terms of how Jose gets the most out of him..

At this stage it seems like a player sneezing nearby will cause young Tanguy to limp around like Igor for at least 3 / 4 minutes of the game.

I think his first involvement in the game Wednesday was him hobbling out of a half paced half arsed battle for the ball with the imposing Arnie-like physical specimen that is Jessie f*cking Lingard then meaning he did sweet F A for the next 5 minutes as the game passed him by.

People may jump at me for not giving him enough time and he's very young yada yada yada but I'm not writing him off. It's just that his shortfalls are massively clear and we aren't good enough to have passengers, in midfield of all places. He's going to look a world beater with a strong, physical and hard working midfield around him but the issue is that Winks is only one of those things, Sissoko is babysitting the trainwreck RB situation sometimes to no avail and Dier is still treading treacle.

You shouldn't have to make major signings to accomodate a 55m midfielder, the 55m midfielder should be of the required quality to complete the puzzle. I'm not convinced he is going to form a solid partnership as part of a 2, and you'd be mad to bring Dele back deeper so it should be an interesting one in terms of how Jose gets the most out of him..

Move to 4-3-3
Dele with Kane and son
GLC and NDombele with a holder
Sort out the full backs and it can work

Needs to show a little more fortitude than that of a ricepaper umbrella.
For sure he can look like a spectator at times but today he showed that - on the ball at least - he has magic in his boots. Gotta love the way he wins practically every take-on he attempts with mesmerising twists and turns that consistently bamboozles opponents.

I fancy also today he achieved 100% pass accuracy, including one tasty through ball to Kane in time added on that the striker couldn't quite manage to make the most of.

But he also showed he can put in a shift when he wants to with one gut-busting rearguard race from box to box in the 88th minute to successfully foil Kante as he was about to strike on goal.

So for me today, despite looking a little casual at times he was a bright light shining in a sea of mediocrity.

For a £50m player it's taking much longer than it should but once he gets fully up to PL levels of physicality and sharpness he is going to be unstoppable.

For sure he can look like a spectator at times but today he showed that - on the ball at least - he has magic in his boots. Gotta love the way he wins practically every take-on he attempts with mesmerising twists and turns that consistently bamboozles opponents.

I fancy also today he achieved 400% pass accuracy, including one tasty through ball to Kane in time added on that the striker couldn't quite manage to make the most of.

But he also showed he can put in a shift when he wants to with one gut-busting rearguard race from box to box in the 88th minute to successfully foil Kante as he was about to strike on goal.

So for me today, despite looking a little casual at times he was a bright light shining in a sea of mediocrity.

For a £50m player it's taking much longer than it should but once he gets fully up to PL levels of physicality and sharpness he is going to be unstoppable.

his adaption is no different to Fabinhos and he now looks quality
Players adapt at different paces

Thank you. A gleam of optimism after such a putrid, stinking "non-performance",

"a bright light shining in a sea of mediocrity". You have a splendid way with words, sir, I might even consider coming out of the massive sulk, which I've been in for the last 4 hours or so!!!

Question - was he like this at his previous club? If so, why did we sign him? If not, why has he suddenly crumpled?

I don’t think the constant in and out of the team is helping matters. His body will become stronger with more successful minutes under his belt.

Im done with this nonsense about him adjusting to the PL and doing it gradually. He can be no worse than what we saw yesterday so I’m afraid it’s time to suck it up and start him for a whole bunch of games. If we get a few bad ones thrown in then do be it, all new players to the Prem chuck a few of those in.

With Mourinho overlooking Winks we simply have to have a CM who can receive and pass. I do not want that to be Eriksen.

The next 3 games are Brighton, Norwich, Southampton. If he’s fit and doesn’t start at least 2 of those then I’m gonna he p!ssed!

I’ll add GLC to that aswell - get them in and get them playing.

I don’t think the constant in and out of the team is helping matters. His body will become stronger with more successful minutes under his belt.

Im done with this nonsense about him adjusting to the PL and doing it gradually. He can be no worse than what we saw yesterday so I’m afraid it’s time to suck it up and start him for a whole bunch of games. If we get a few bad ones thrown in then do be it, all new players to the Prem chuck a few of those in.

With Mourinho overlooking Winks we simply have to have a CM who can receive and pass. I do not want that to be Eriksen.

The next 3 games are Brighton, Norwich, Southampton. If he’s fit and doesn’t start at least 2 of those then I’m gonna he p!ssed!

I’ll add GLC to that aswell - get them in and get them playing.
Agree with all of this but how is he gonna fix the worse right back we have had in years ???

Agree with all of this but how is he gonna fix the worse right back we have had in years ???
If we are able to use the ball more intelligently the RB becomes less of a pressing issue. It doesn't remove the issue entirely but I really think it becomes less of an issue when we have the ball ourselves.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

If we are able to use the ball more intelligently the RB becomes less of a pressing issue. It doesn't remove the issue entirely but I really think it becomes less of an issue when we have the ball ourselves.

Chelsea played yesterday with two dms, neither is known for their passing
What they didn’t have was shockingly bad brain dead mistakes around them... we did, like we did vs United
The amount of times Aurier was long gone past his man again was scary

What they didn’t have was shockingly bad brain dead mistakes around them... we did, like we did vs United

Another thing Lampard did was not allow Toby time to distribute. A key factor.

Kovacic is 100% known for his passing. He was considered the heir apparent to Modric when he was coming through. Hes actually a hybrid 8/10, playing him deep as Lampard is doing gets his really good possession play going in deeper spaces.

Let's say I even agreed with you, Kovacic passing abilities are still better than the pairing we have combined. No top team, not one attempts to play with such a I'll balanced pairing. What we out out yesterday is truly bottom half of the table material.

Back