• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tanguy Ndombele

He has moments (he looked best in some of the Poch ganes), but he looked really poor on the week-end.

Not sure if it's fitness, league adjustment, knowing his role, hope Jose can get him to consistency quickly.

I agree he looked poor, but even so some of the passing, some of the dribbling and control he showed was insanely good.

I think thats the catch with him. People see what he's got in his locker and get blown away by it - and also then see him do something poor and its almost exaggerated by comparison.

Whenever I watch him Im just ridiculously excited at the thought of how good he can be when he is actually up to speed.

Given his slow acclimation (physically and technically) it might not be until next season that we see what he has really got - but even so he can be a big player this season even far from his best

Ndombele is the replacement for Dembele or the upgrade on Winks imo. Deep playing, playmaker qualities, adequate defensively. Longer perspective the replacement for Modric that we never got (though that's a different discussion).

At our best Eriksen mostly started as an attacking midfielder in one if the wide roles. Alli as the #10, Son in the other wide role. Lo Celso seems like the more natural replacement for him, though Mourinho might have changed things.

What doesn't make sense is judging these signings of young players coming in from different leagues (Lo Celso, Ndombele) or primarily as signings for the future (Sessegnon) based on what they've done in their first half a season with us. People now rightly big up Fabinho for Liverpool, but this time last season he had hardly started featuring.

It’s why these players have ups and down

I'm not understanding anything to do with NDombele. I thought the same re Dembele.
But have been told I'm wrong! NDo is more Pogba/Eriksen/Pirlo;)/???

he is a creative player in a CM role so a number 8 in the old systems... not a 10 like Eriksen

when I followed him in France he was an outstanding line break player because of his dribbling (you couldn’t get them ball off him)

moved here he has shown exceptional passing too

he isn’t a mad running harasser like a Kante

Dier was bypassed just as often as NDombele, he was constantly wrong side of the ball. We might as well have not bothered playing a defensive midfield player and just played somebody good instead.
I'm not sure you understand the role Mourinho wants Dier (and pretty much all of his destroyers in other teams) to play.

he is a creative player in a CM role so a number 8 in the old systems... not a 10 like Eriksen

when I followed him in France he was an outstanding line break player because of his dribbling (you couldn’t get them ball off him)

moved here he has shown exceptional passing too

he isn’t a mad running harasser like a Kante

Far too complicated!
We needed a "mad running harasser". (love the name)

We atm Ndombele looks like a jack of all trades etc
Time, of course, to improve I have no doubt.
GLC though is going to be on his way in Jan he really is not getting a sniff. The Fail were spreading rumours earlier today that he's not happy I can't blame him, first injured, then a new manager, not easy.

Far too complicated!
We needed a "mad running harasser". (love the name)

We atm Ndombele looks like a jack of all trades etc
Time, of course, to improve I have no doubt.
GLC though is going to be on his way in Jan he really is not getting a sniff. The Fail were spreading rumours earlier today that he's not happy I can't blame him, first injured, then a new manager, not easy.
Arguably we needed a lot of things. A proper upgrade on, or at the very least alternative to, Winks was high up that list imo. Let's see how Ndombele does when fully settled and up to speed.

The change of manager was as good as bound to present some imbalances in the squad where players who were previously favoured fall down the pecking order. At the same time perhaps solving some problems as players are used in different roles. To be fair to Mourinho those that wanted Pochettino to stay often argued for a solid overhaul of our squad so I think we're in at least as strong a position as we were before in terms of needs that have to be addressed in the market.

On Lo Celso I'm holding my judgement. I can definitely see an argument for Mourinho using players that know the league and have played well together as a unit before at what was clearly a time of crisis. Lo Celso looks very talented and if Mourinho can find the right role for him in his setup I think he can flourish. He's had injuries, a rubbish preseason in addition to being new to the club and league and being fairly young. All factors that would indicate patience and caution in judgment imo.

He shouldn't be happy not playing, that much is obvious. I'm sure he'll move on from that initial unhappiness if and when his chances come.

I'm guessing that getting outplayed and constantly being bypassed is not how Mourinho wants them to play.
I could be wrong though.....

Mourinho likes to counter attack so of we put a player in the middle who likes passing to the opposition we get more opportunities to do so

Back