• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Supporting the team tomorrow

Park Lane James

Andy Sinton
As we all know it's the final game of the season tomorrow. Plenty of ups and downs throughout the course of this season but after the first two games I think plenty would have taken the position that we face at 3PM tomorrow against Fulham. At one point it seemed as though we might challenge for the title, but a multitude of factors has meant that we surrendered our 10 point lead to the Gooners. We can still climb above them, though.

Anyway, the purpose of this thread is to just say that no matter what happens tomorrow - we have to send the team off well. That means supporting them for 90 minutes, regardless of the scoreline. Too many times in the last few years have we been getting behind the team when the scores are even, and changing our tune when we go a goal behind. At Villa on sunday, plenty around us were more than happy to sing when the scores were level - but resort to name-calling, frustrating remarks towards the players etc when we went 1-0 behind. It's ridiculous quite frankly. If you're not prepared to get behind the team when we're in a losing position then you shouldn't be a football fan. No point riding the crest of the wave when times are good, and changing your tune when we look like we might lose. I know all football supporters are different, but some people really take it to the extreme. Like the bloke behind me at the Leeds home game a few seasons back that wouldn't celebrate a Tottenham goal simply because Crouch had scored. ****.

Anyway, if you're going to the game tomorrow - get behind the team. Don't stop doing so until the final whistle. Some may think that it doesn't make a difference, but it really does. We have to remember that the season isn't over until that whistle is blown. Even if it's 1-1 in the 4th minute of injury time - we can still get a goal and finish 4th, or potentially 3rd.

Stay until the final whistle, and clap the players round the pitch afterwards.

Come on You Spurs. I'll see you lot in the Bell & Hare (I'll be the tall geezer most likely falling over his own feet).

Top post James. Spot on. 100% support tomorrow more than ever.

You must have been in a different area to us at Villa last week, because around us the support kept going at 1-0 down, and as you say that's really how it should be, in fact its when the team need the support the most.

Also, if it comes up on the Jumbotron that Arsenal, or Saudi Sportswashing Machine might have gone in front, we mustnt let the atmosphere drop if we arent winning at the time. We can all make a difference tomorrow.

COYS

Cannot wait for tomorrow, 100% support from start to finish, weve seen some tremendous football this season, some of the best in recent history at the lane, lets hope we get what we deserve for once..

COYS

You must have been in a different area to us at Villa last week, because around us the support kept going at 1-0 down, and as you say that's really how it should be, in fact its when the team need the support the most.

Also, if it comes up on the Jumbotron that Arsenal, or Saudi Sportswashing Machine might have gone in front, we mustnt let the atmosphere drop if we arent winning at the time. We can all make a difference tomorrow.

COYS
I was in the upper tier mate, what about you? Yeah It really aggravated me to be honest, some bloke behind me was starting songs etc when it was 0-0 but calling most players some awful names when we were losing.

Cannot wait for tomorrow, 100% support from start to finish, weve seen some tremendous football this season, some of the best in recent history at the lane, lets hope we get what we deserve for once..

COYS

This too.

We hear all this 'luck/things even themselves out' Well, if it really does, can we have some of it tomorrow, we must still be owed 2 or 3 offside goal decisions, and thats just this season

Good post James. I've always said that fans should boo the result rather than booing at half time or booing after 20 minutes cos the team are losing. Obviously if your getting gubbed 3-0 at home to a team like Wigan then your going to be tinkled off and in those cirumstances, you have the right to show your frustration. But for the most part, fans should get behind the team for 90 minutes, show your frustration AFTER THE GAME.

COYS

No scores on the jumbotron apparently...I think that's good. And given that WHL is pretty much a dead zone for phones, hopefully it will be all focus on Spurs.

I was in the upper tier mate, what about you? Yeah It really aggravated me to be honest, some bloke behind me was starting songs etc when it was 0-0 but calling most players some awful names when we were losing.

Same here, but right a couple of rows from the back. There was a couple of women behind us who started to moan at 1-0, but luckily we had a few 'chant-starters' right near us, and there were quick to get the support going if it seemed to die down

No scores on the jumbotron apparently...I think that's good. And given that WHL is pretty much a dead zone for phones, hopefully it will be all focus on Spurs.

I still reckon people will inevitbaly find out whats going on at the other grounds.

I agree it's a good idea not to put the scores up though.

need a goal before the scum otherwise i can only imagine the nervousness that people will be going through

missed last game of the season last year, gonna make up for it tomorrow though getting to Liverpool street for about 10:30\o/

Sorry but why no scores on the Jumbotron?

You really think that not one person within the stadium will know what is happening at other grounds? One person knows the score and it will spread like wildfire. See no advantage or benefit out of it.

Lets hope the Jol songs are sung after we go 3-0 up and not if were losing or drawing !!!!

We will be saying goodbye to a lot of players tomorrow too, lets say thanks to them also..

Im buzzing about today

Back