• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
With Ade it was held up between him and City, Dembele had bigger clubs interested in him and the player might have wanted to wait and see what happened. It's easy to look back and say we should have done things differently, but who knows if we actually COULD have? Dempsey only came up as a target in the last week and effectively replaced VDV.

Yeah that's why I said i don't know if we COULD have done the business any earlier - its still frustrating that we didn't though!

With the players we signed I don't think there's much we could have done, apart from spending more money. Where I'd like to see improvement is in what players we target. Hopefully AVB will have a much better idea of exactly what is needed come January.

Yeah that's why I said i don't know if we COULD have done the business any earlier - its still frustrating that we didn't though!

I heard throughout the summer that we thought we could get better and that AVB was not 100% convinced and didn't want to commit until post-US. Not sure how true that was, but I heard the reason we acted late after Sigurdsson and Vertonghen (who were bought with his blessing but as he was arriving) was largely because of AVB. Having said that, the man was clear from day 1 that he wanted Moutinho, and for whatever reason, he did not get him. That, to me, is a fudge up on the board's part.

Random move. Can't imagine him in Russia.

Will be interesting to see if he has the motivation to get some kind of form back.

Random move. Can't imagine him in Russia.

Will be interesting to see if he has the motivation to get some kind of form back.

Just hope he earns himself a permanent move somewhere. Not quick enough for an AVB side even if he does find form IMO.

Back