• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer clear-out

Mulletperm

Milija Aleksic
Who would you shift out from the squad in the summer (obviously with replacements available and lined up).

Lloris
Vorm - OUT
Gazzaniga

Trippier - OUT
Aurier
KWP
Sanchez
Alderweireld
Vertonghen
Foyth
Rose - OUT
Davies - POSSIBLE OUT

Dier
Wanyama - OUT
Winks
Sissoko
Dele
Eriksen

NKoudou - OUT
Son
Moura
Lamela - OUT
Kane
Janssen - OUT
Llorente - OUT

Considering that we'll likely end up moving on from Alderweireld and Eriksen, as well, your post gives good insight into just how much of a squad overhaul we could be looking at next summer (even though I don't agree with Lamela). Eesh. It's almost like not doing business for two straight transfer windows is a really bad fudging idea.

Keep at all costs
Harry, no explanation needed
Dele ditto
Hugo gets it wants to be here and we're not going to get anyone better
Jan class act.

Try really hard to keep
Son

Keep, they are the future
Foyth
Sanchez
Winks
Kwp

Keep, not had enough time
Aurier
Moura

The rest, is up to them. If they can up their levels or prove they want to here fine, if not bye.

Won't happen of course, way to big a turn over.

We need a leader, we have some great players there that just need someone to follow. I don't care what position its in but that would be what I'd be scouring the market for.

Who would you shift out from the squad in the summer (obviously with replacements available and lined up).

Lloris
Vorm - OUT
Gazzaniga

Trippier - OUT
Aurier
KWP
Sanchez
Alderweireld
Vertonghen
Foyth
Rose - OUT
Davies - POSSIBLE OUT

Dier
Wanyama - OUT
Winks
Sissoko
Dele
Eriksen

NKoudou - OUT
Son
Moura
Lamela - OUT
Kane
Janssen - OUT
Llorente - OUT

Yes, I broadly agree with that, though wouldnt shift both LBs in a summer and RB is a bigger problem area.

As important is who comes in: for me we need 1 ball playing CM, 1-2 attackers and ideally a RB

Yes, I broadly agree with that, though wouldnt shift both LBs in a summer and RB is a bigger problem area.

As important is who comes in: for me we need 1 ball playing CM, 1-2 attackers and ideally a RB

Really dont get the hate for the lefties....

Between rose and Davies id guess they have made less mistakes this season than aurier alone and all three of them have made less than Trippier on his own...

I think people need to think about who we could get in to replace players when raising wish lists

Between rose and Davies id guess they have made less mistakes this season than aurier alone and all three of them have made less than Trippier on his own...

I think people need to think about who we could get in to replace players when raising wish lists
Rose has been getting himself back into good form of late, he was actually decent first half against Soton too - he made a big error no doubt, but there has been far more consistent offenders than him - and I dont see us finding much better. Davies is solid and reliable, I see no real reason to get rid of either of them.....

Rose has been getting himself back into good form of late, he was actually decent first half against Soton too - he made a big error no doubt, but there has been far more consistent offenders than him - and I dont see us finding much better. Davies is solid and reliable, I see no real reason to get rid of either of them.....

Sure I saw some comments in the match thread bigging up rose for the first half

What we have to do is stop basic individual unforced errors... it’s painful

Alli, Kane, Son, Lamela, Rose, Verts, Sissoko, Davies, Dier and Sanchez I’d keep.

I think we could sell the rest and upgrade for the money we’d get for them, assuming our scouts are doing their job properly.

I think there is room for upgrade there - if someone like Chilwell became available we should go for him.

Rose has been hit and miss this season and Davies doesn’t really suit the LWB role - but is a solid defender.

Nowhere near the issue we have a right back.

Lloris
Vorm - OUT
Gazzaniga

Trippier - OUT
Aurier - Out
KWP - out
Sanchez
Alderweireld - out
Vertonghen
Foyth
Rose -
Davies -

Dier
Wanyama - OUT
Winks
Sissoko
Dele
Eriksen - OUT

NKoudou - OUT
Son
Moura- 1 More season
Lamela
Kane
Janssen - OUT
Llorente - OUT

Toby and Eriksen are gone anyway. The rest aren't up to it.

Need a couple of new full backs
strong centre mid
passer type central mid

Kane back up that can also play in the front 3 eg zaha.

names id like

Ndombele
Chilwell
Wan- Bissaka
Zaha
ISCO

We will end up getting nowhere near what we want while we pay off the stadium. Even more damaging when we fall out the CL places.

No neither do I. The question on Rose is, for me, somewhat similar to Trippier given he turns 29 this summer - his sale value will soon decline (or is already declining) so is he sufficiently good enough to keep whilst his transfer value declines, or are we better to sell now?

In terms of the answer, I believe the decision on Trippier is clear cut - I dont think he's ever been top 4 quality, albeit he's had purple patches and a great world cup. Rose used to be brilliant and one of the best LBs in the country, though in the last year or so hasn't been. If you could extract something like £30m from someone for Rose and sign, say, Chilwell (or another good LB) for say £30m - £40m then I'd be happy with that

Cash in on the following, and use the money to freshen up the squad:

Eriksen - we can't not know whether he's going to turn up in games, no matter how good his ceiling is.
Alderweireld - if he wants to sign a contract, then definitely keep.
Llorente
Rose - not worth the hassle.
Vorm
Janssen
One of Trippier or Aurier (or both) - I was thinking keep one to reduce disruption, but then that's what they've been doing on the pitch anyway.
N'Koudou

Definitely keep the following:

Lloris
Gazzaniga
Vertonghen
Davies
Foyth
Sanchez
Dier
Winks
Sissoko
Lamela - if only to teach the dark arts in training.
Son
Dele
Kane

Jury's out:

Moura - should probably get another season, but I wouldn't be bothered if he left.
Wanyama - subject to injury, unless we think he's done.
Walker-Peters - let the coaches decide.
Onomah- let the coaches decide.
CCV- let the coaches decide.

Back