• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer 2018 transfer thread

I think we just need minimal changes this summer. The only players who've played significant minutes who I'd sell are Sissoko and Llorente. Give Sissoko's minutes to Onomah (I still believe) and Winks. And replace Llorente/Janssen with a promising young striker. That Arp lad seems to be highly rated and fits the profile. Remember, Sonny can also fill in for Kane up top.

Though I think we could upgrade at the fullbacks, I'd like to give Aurier a full season/preseason under Poch and let Danny try to get back to his best, now that the United ship seems to have sailed.

I also want to keep a decent route to the first team for KWP, CCV, Edwards, and possibly one of the Academy forwards (Griffiths, Sterling). For that reason, I hope we avoid a big, splashy signing like Zaha, Malcom, or Bale (lol).

IN: Sessegnon (35 mil), Striker prospect for about 10-15 mil (Arp, Brereton, whoever), Pau Lopez (free)
OUT: Janssen (10-12), GKN(8), Llorente (10-12), Vorm (free), Sissoko (20)
SPEND: About even

27-man squad:

GK: Lloris, Lopez, Gazzaniga
RB: Trippier, Aurier, KWP
LB: Rose, Davies
RCB: TBA (new contract?), Sanchez, CCV
LCB: JVT (new contract), Foyth

DCM: Dier, Wanyama
CM: Dembele, Winks, Onomah

AM: Eriksen, Lamela

LWF: Sonny, Sessegnon
RWF: Dele, Lucas, Edwards (wishful thinking?)

ST: Kane, Striker Prospect

If we're selling Sissoko, GKN, and Llorente, I'd just go for Sessegnon and a goalkeeper in the summer (assuming Vorm is gone). We won't need much else, as it would make giving game time to players a bit of a problem. If we don't re-sign Toby, then another CB.

I would sell Lamela and buy Malcolm too. Malcolm has such potential and his price of around 40 mill is affordable for us.

Young, premier league adjusted, works his nuts off, natural ability up the whazoo.. Yep sell him and bring in another French league winger. Genius.

Unless he starts to stay fit and contribute something meaningful he will be sold because he has been at the club 5 years already and tbh it's time for him to fulfill his potential.

He is almost 26 now, not exactly a youngster.

Couldn't find a more pochettino type player

True but Poch prefers his players fit, training, playing, contributing. A crucial time for Erik as he has 2 years left on his contract and unless he proves himself in the months ahead I don't see how the club can offer him an improved long term deal

True but Poch prefers his players fit, training, playing, contributing. A crucial time for Erik as he has 2 years left on his contract and unless he proves himself in the months ahead I don't see how the club can offer him an improved long term deal

Lamela made 46 and 44 apparences in Poch's first two seasons respectively. Then just 12 the season he got his hip injury, and 15 so far this one. So his long term fitness and contributions have generally been good.

Lamela made 46 and 44 apparences in Poch's first two seasons respectively. Then just 12 the season he got his hip injury, and 15 so far this one. So his long term fitness and contributions have generally been good.

I hope he can now stay fit like in those first two seasons. Two hip ops though must cause a concern for the long term

Back