• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer 2018 transfer thread

No what I meant was that if we signed Bale this summer then they would probably expect us to sell them Kane the following year, so any deal we wanted for Bale would give them a hand over Kane, which I don’t think would happen. So it’s basically flimflam. We shouldn’t be looking to take anyone off of Real for the sake of keeping Kane.

They can expect what they want but unless there is a contract, they have no more call over him than any other club.

We don't need another attacking forward. We have Son, Lamela, Lucas, Eriksen and Dele that can play in the 3 behind the striker. Give a youngster ago. What we do need is a young striker who is willing to learn, someone like Rashford. If we could get someone like him, we will be laughing.

I thought they spent a load of money on a top secret medical department that had some sort of top secret.
They weren't fit, they weren't working hard, Gattuso told them to run around a bit, bish bash bosh, double hard

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...aro-gattuso-starting-to-win-over-the-doubters

Calabria insisted the credit should go to Gattuso, saying: “The boss is drawing the best out of me.” There were plenty of people – myself included – quick to criticise Gattuso’s appointment, and as a tactician he still has plenty to prove. Perhaps, though, a little man-management is more important to this team right now than systems and schemes.

“The players have learned first-hand that working hard can lead to something,” said Gattuso. “They wanted to do double training sessions, something which is usually not even contemplated at big teams. Then, after that, they want to eat together.”

We don't need another attacking forward. We have Son, Lamela, Lucas, Eriksen and Dele that can play in the 3 behind the striker. Give a youngster ago. What we do need is a young striker who is willing to learn, someone like Rashford. If we could get someone like him, we will be laughing.

Someone like Rashford would be ideal. Unfortunately our two last CF signings have been static target men. Someone with some movement and pace would suit us better

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Someone like Rashford would be ideal. Unfortunately our two last CF signings have been static target men. Someone with some movement and pace would suit us better

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app
I’m still not sure about Rashford, bags of talent but plays for himself instead of the team. Watch how he will often hold on to the ball when he has an option of playing someone in, or how he will give a pass short so that the only option his teammate has is to give it back to Rashford.

Rashford is not coming to us to sit in the bench.
He's a starter at man Utd.

He's not a regular starter, but that could have just as much to do with Mourinho as anything else. I think he's overrated though. He's not even scoring that much anymore and contributes little else.

Fulham are not playing Sessegnon as a left back or winger this evening. More like an left inside forward really.

His wages will still be astronomical, so even if there's some sort of first-refusal agreement, I can't see us having a look-in, really. Surely Manchester-bound if he returns, I'd have thought.

Yep. He’s currently on £350k per week after tax. I just don’t see how we get around that unless he cuts it to less than half. And at his age (28) I don’t know if he would do that as this next contract, should he leave, will be the last opportunity for a biggie.

If he did though, he’d truly be doing it cos he truly wants to be here. Meaning he’s ready to buy in to our philosophy. How great would that be?

Back