• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer 2018 transfer thread

Would having the money have to mean we became like them? Could it not just mean that at the start of the summer we could buy the players Poch wanted without the apparent need to sell first?

But then buying doesn’t matter and we are exactly like all the soulless doped clubs.

Willian all over again

EVERTON MEDICAL FOR BERNARD

Chelsea have lodged a late bid to sign Shakhtar Donetsk midfielder Bernard, according to Sky sources, but the Brazilian is on his way to Everton and is expected on Merseyside for a medical in the next 48-hours.

Bernard’s move is subject to that medical and a work permit being granted.

Sky Sports News understands that AC Milan were convinced Bernard was on his way to the San Siro, and another source tells us Atletico Madrid also pushed hard to sign him, while West Ham were also interested

I wondered about this guy, have we missed a trick, the reports rave about him. Then I see the line "West Ham were also interested" and i realise he will be another who goes missing when it gets cold.

Im fully sold on Ndombele after watching his YT videos - i realize the folly in putting too much stock in highlight clips but the guy looks tailor made for the PL to me so i hope this rumour has legs

I agree, he is very raw but looks like a beast. Imagine what he could be once Poch gets his hands on him!

I wondered about this guy, have we missed a trick, the reports rave about him. Then I see the line "West Ham were also interested" and i realise he will be another who goes missing when it gets cold.

He is a bloody good player

Everton are soon being backed by Usmanov and that changed the goal posts there IMO

If we had room for more foreign players I’d have hoped we were in for him

He is a bloody good player

Everton are soon being backed by Usmanov and that changed the goal posts there IMO

If we had room for more foreign players I’d have hoped we were in for him

Sounds to me like they are becoming soulless and doped up?

Shame that the window is closing at 5pm as well - the usual 11pm closing always made compelling TV viewing towards the end...

Shame that the window is closing at 5pm as well - the usual 11pm closing always made compelling TV viewing towards the end...

I quite like it, by the time I get home from work I grab a beer and then review the aftermath and try and work out what happened!

With the 12pm closing, theres always that few hours of desperation on the boards of "maybe we got the paperwork in and are waiting for confirmation..." etc on some unknown player...

What’s new

Their fans would be ecstatic if it means they become decent again

And then they wound become disenfranchised over time as the football tourists turn up in their droves

I thought that the latest rumours were linking him with buying an Italian club (AC Milan?).

Not heard that to be fair

But Milan are owned by about a million different organisations now due to their debts and loans... really odd set up with them

What’s new

Their fans would be ecstatic if it means they become decent again

And then they wound become disenfranchised over time as the football tourists turn up in their droves

Did you see the photos of the tourists in their Kane spurs shirts at the Leeds v Stoke game? The Leeds fans didnt seem impressed.

Its an odd one.

They arent being doped to the degree they will compete for real prizes, so I wonder what the motivation is?

EUROPA is about as good as it can get for them, the CL - with the current 6 into 4 - looks to be locked up for a few seasons at least.

They have already spent a load of cash, wasted much of it - are there FFP considerations for them as well? Its not like their revenues are particularly high.

Its an interesting one because I like Silva, and I think they have the bones of a decent side, but all the same the best they can do its probably "best of the rest", so why all the drive?

Having also watched the 2018 vids, I think this is the closest i've seen to what we currently have in Dembele...and much more!
His balance is insane, he accelerates at great speed from virtually a standing start with the ball. He ghosts past players like Moussa, drawers the foul, and shrugs off challenges with ease.
And unlike Dembele and Dier, he seems to have the ability to thread a damn good pass through the channels!!

I'm sold. Hugo, have a word in his shell-like.

Back