• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer 2018 transfer thread

Pau Lopez. He's Spain's U21 GK and was our 3rd choice last season on loan from Espanyol. We let him go back to Espanyol this season but he's out of contract in the summer. Poch and Jimenez are supposedly massive fans (its in Poch's book) and see him as Lloris' long term successor.

got it, everyone was just calling him Pau got me confused is all

I think Evans is an excellent centre half.
He is a very good Center back in a backs to the wall type team. So he fits in well at West brom. Taking him to a team with time and space and where he has to concentrate then he starts
to make mistakes.

Talking of things that will never happen. I did say my lust for having Bale back as an idea. But the reality of his really high wages makes me thing now he has no chance of coming back to us unless he took a 50% wage drop. But he is contracted until 2022 so why would he lost like 80m in wages to leave??? cant see it happening.

But. How about James Rodriguez. His wages are doable, he is out of favor at Madrid and only on loan at Munich. A possibility??

He is a very good Center back in a backs to the wall type team. So he fits in well at West brom. Taking him to a team with time and space and where he has to concentrate then he starts
to make mistakes.

Talking of things that will never happen. I did say my lust for having Bale back as an idea. But the reality of his really high wages makes me thing now he has no chance of coming back to us unless he took a 50% wage drop. But he is contracted until 2022 so why would he lost like 80m in wages to leave??? cant see it happening.

But. How about James Rodriguez. His wages are doable, he is out of favor at Madrid and only on loan at Munich. A possibility??

Real want rid of Bale, they have started to hawk him to Chinese sides as they offer the most - he will never go there.

I’m torn on Bale, he’s never fit - but if could stay fit he’s unstoppable.

Real want rid of Bale, they have started to hawk him to Chinese sides as they offer the most - he will never go there.

I’m torn on Bale, he’s never fit - but if could stay fit he’s unstoppable.

What is he with fading pace though. Could he be turned into a more traditional CF?

He is, its just the classic 'name' where he's not some flash foreigner. I dont think he's a typical Spurs signing, but maybe an experienced replacement for Toby whilst letting Sanchez and Foyth develop? Either way he is a good CB and didnt want him going to Arsenal....

Agreed

For that kind of money he would be an outstanding signing

People talk about experience and winning mentality... well he won’t plenty at United and has shown some decent defensive nous at West Bromwich

And yeah their a defensive side so to actually excel there you have to do more in that role

Back