• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer 2018 transfer thread

We deride the likes of Shaqiri out of hand and then have to put up with even worse.
I’m only using Shaqiri as an example, what truly tinkles me off is our followers dismissive media driven attitude to players.
Let hope we get some good players through the door!
No you are not silly, well not all the time ;)

I can't answer for anyone else but I have read very little about Shaqiri in the press. I don't think that he's a bad player, just a bad fit for us.

I don't recall Poch saying anything about being brave in this window.

"I think it's a moment the club needs to take risks .............being brave is the most important, and to take risks."
Come on Milo, clearly Poch was pushing Levy to splash the cash and make a bold, decisive, early move to get key targets, surely, no???

Come on Milo, clearly Poch was pushing Levy to splash the cash and make a bold, decisive, early move to get key targets, surely, no???

I've got no idea, I think that it was a message to Levy but can only assume that he felt it was listened to as he signed a new contract a little later.

And Llorente hasn't worked out because he doesn't suit our playing style, he'd probably do quite well at Chelsea. Prioritising players to fit your style of play is not a silly attitude.

then you have to question why Poch signed him....ridiculous really

Hope you are wrong but it is an increasing risk we are running!
We can’t keep flying in face of logic? If that’s the right saying?
We got lucky in the last few seasons on the back of one or three exceptional players, we can’t keep chancing/riding our luck.

You think it’s luck?

We have an amazing batch of players that IMO onk6 city have a better squad than

For anyone to beat city next season you will need a lot of things to go in your favour - that needs luck

But what we have done with the resources we have had is all about the effort being put in IMO

I’m all for buying players if their the right ones, but we have seen that is incredibly hard for new players to improve the top top sides

Look at city last year, their improvements came with their defence ultimately in that the6 brought in a new keeper who allowed them to play the way they had planned and improved their other options there with Walker and others

Their attacking system improved off the back of it as it all stems from the high line. So one player can make a difference but for us that player would arguably be out of our range money wise so we look to the squad to improve

And again when I look at our peers only pool appear to have brought in players who will make their squad better and their first 11 too just by signing a keeper who can catch.. but will tha5 be enough??. I don’t think so but we will see

United signings could be anything
Arsenal haven’t signed anyone I’d want (although Leno is very good and the uraguyan I like the look of too)
Chelsea have signed a pamper I’ve hardly seen play and will soon be losing some key players

So are we worse off than last season???

We deride the likes of Shaqiri out of hand and then have to put up with even worse.
I’m only using Shaqiri as an example, what truly tinkles me off is our followers dismissive media driven attitude to players.
Let us hope we get some good players through the door!
No you are not silly, well not all the time ;)

I had been trying not to think about the Shaqiri deal. He would have been a good deal for Spurs IMHO.

apparently
reo griffiths has already left spurs. we must have not been able to tempt him to sign a professional contract with us. Very strange of us. Then again he’d easily get more money abroad or elsewhere at 18, not sure what we would have offered him.

Was he highly rated? Shame if young players feel they can't get games with us when we have a good reputation for giving youngsters games and a manager who believes in it. Could well end up in Germany, seems lots of young English players are heading there.

I suspect that he thought that a veteran would do better as cover for Kane given little game time. It is hardly ridiculous, most thought that he was a decent signing last summer, it is easy to be dismissive when you know how the signing worked out.

I was thinking it was more a case of this....;)
But...but...other clubs have signed players! We need to sign someone. Anyone!

If he clearly didn't suit our playing style, no point in signing him really

Generic Hercules ITK: Things might happen. If they don't, it's Levy's fault.

And always gambling with the "just wait for it guys, we're trying something, it might not come off, but maybe, just maybe", just in case we get someone good in. :p

fudge me...people bleating about Shakiri still...yawn...

fat bad apple that scores the odd worldie but otherwise does fudge all, Ill never understand the obsession with him.

We need to get good footballers coming to us, Shaqiri is a goodish football with premier league experience and would have been useful and fairly cheap.
Is any good? Time will tell. Hope you are right with your right with “fat bad apple”

Back