• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer 2018 transfer thread

...or heard of!

DYzpesPWsAApSx-.jpg

I think we will bring in two or three players, but I'm guessing none of them or maximum one of them are players we have been "linked" with. They'll probably be players we've never been linked with. That's my guess

Absolutely. It will be Son after a summer of Berahino and Jay Rodriguez again

All that matters here, is we keep Poch happy.

Interpret how you will his comments at the end of last season ('brave, crazy' etc) BUT I get the impression that he is the type of coach that personally has to 'feel' he is taking the team onwards and upwards and his comments suggested he starting to feel he's getting the most out of this group and every season, coming up short, is feeling like groundhog day.

Although I can see where Poch is coming from I'm delighted with how we compete year in year out due to many of the constraints highlighted in this thread.

Gotta keep the guy happy though!

All that matters here, is we keep Poch happy.

Interpret how you will his comments at the end of last season ('brave, crazy' etc) BUT I get the impression that he is the type of coach that personally has to 'feel' he is taking the team onwards and upwards and his comments suggested he starting to feel he's getting the most out of this group and every season, coming up short, is feeling like groundhog day.

Although I can see where Poch is coming from I'm delighted with how we compete year in year out due to many of the constraints highlighted in this thread.

Gotta keep the guy happy though!

Yes, and I doubt he'll want many players - just quality replacements for first-teamers (TA, Dembele) who leave, plus upgrading 1-2 players who we've been carrying e.g. letting GKN and/or Llorente etc go, and bringing in the likes of Martial or Grealish

I think we can now summarise the remainder of the window as follows:

If a club is prepared to pay the £50m for Danny Rose we can sign Sessegnon for £65m.

If a club is prepared to pay the £75m for Toby Alderweireld we can sign De Ligt for £68m.

If a club is prepared to pay the £30m for Dembele we can sign N'Dombele for £67.5m.

That leaves the Pulisic and Martial deals as the extra ones not contingent on outgoings and everything suggests they could be signed for £80m.

Can't see anything else realistically happening as players valued a lot less aren't going to significantly improve us, whilst other players with a reduced level of ability to the aforementioned (i.e. Grealish and Zaha) are wildly overpriced.

Poch talked of the club being brave in this window and whilst I can no longer see Rose, Alderweireld or Dembele leaving, we can still get a Pulisic or Marital.

But..... Bale is still the dream though !

He's just a Levy basher and he's really been setting him up with his latest offerings.

This.

Didn’t this prick already tell us to ‘fasten our seatbelts’ only on Wednesday? I’ve had mine on for 4 days now, but really need to get out of the car and have a pee.

Prick is putting it nicely, he seems to have become the next jjetset over there and they all kiss his feet. Pretty sure most of them are still at school to be honest they way the worship these bull brickers.

Back