• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer 2018 transfer thread

This thread is chock full of average. It's just...
Meh, next
Meh, next
Meh, next
Meh, next
Meh, next
Meh, next
Meh, next
Meh, next
Meh, next
We need a special thread for special people with special needs

That's how it happens though

We get linked with all the crap players whose agents are desperate to move them. Then we sign better players who we're not linked with till about a day or two before it happens.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...ly-tells-real-madrid-he-wants-summer-transfer

Mateo Kovacic Reportedly Tells Real Madrid He Wants Summer Transfer
MATT JONESJUNE 20, 2018

Real Madrid midfielder Mateo Kovacic has reportedly told the club he wants to leave this summer.

According to El Partidazo on Cadena Cope radio (h/t Sport), the Croatian is seeking a fresh challenge for the 2018-19 campaign, having joined the Santiago Bernabeu giants in 2015. His agent has reportedly made it clear to the club he wants out.

"The response from the club was a firm no and that they wouldn't be accepting any offers for him," relay Sport.

Kovacic is said to be frustrated at a lack of game time, as he has to compete with Casemiro, Luka Modric and Toni Kroos for a starting spot at Real.

Kovacic will consider personally asking the club for a move once Croatia's involvement in the 2018 FIFA World Cup is over. Los Blancos will have a new manager in place this season, with Julen Lopetegui taking over from Zinedine Zidane.

Kovacic's reported angst would be understandable, as he is fourth in the pecking order for a three- or two-man midfield in the Spanish capital.

The EiF Twitter account believes the time is right for the 24-year-old to go elsewhere in order to show off his talent:

EiF@EiFSoccer
It’s so ridiculous how Kovacic doesn’t start for Croatia. Doesn’t get enough respect as a player because he has to sit behind the best midfield in the world. He should leave Madrid to find consistent playing time and so he gets the respect he deserves.

Kovacic was highly rated before his move to Madrid, having previously impressed from a young age with Inter Milan.

However, upon joining Los Blancos there were worries about how much game time he would get with the trio in place, not to mention the likes of Isco and James Rodriguez, who operate in more advanced midfield roles.

While he has mainly impressed when given chances, Kovacic remained behind Modric, Kroos and Casemiro in the crucial games for Zidane. Last season he made just 10 La Liga starts for the European champions.

Still, he's regarded as a fine player and Grup14's Rafael Hernandez suggested Madrid's great rivals Barcelona should even take a punt on Kovacic:

Rafael Hernández @RafaelH117
Cadena COPE reports Kovacic's agent has asked the club to let his client leave and Real Madrid refuses. He has a meager €50m release clause, Barcelona shouldn't let this chance pass, but they will. The Croatian is a fine midfielder and could become a starter. https://t.co/vvINnhwkxz

The Croatian does have a number of qualities you would typically associate with the Blaugrana. His in-game intelligence makes Kovacic versatile in where he can operate, whereas on the ball he's composed in his distribution.

As these figures illustrate, Kovacic is also a central midfielder capable of committing opposition players in the middle of the field:

WhoScored.com@WhoScored
Thomas Partey: Of the 148 players to attempt 50 or more dribbles since the start of the 2016/17 La Liga season, only Mateo Kovacic (85.7%) has a better success rate than Partey (80.4%) For more player stats -- https://t.co/kfEsnUMQAq https://t.co/FjlLrS9otS

Madrid's reported reluctance to sell makes sense, as Kovacic is an excellent deputy for a number of players in their squad, and given Modric is now 32, they may have his fellow Croatian earmarked for a more important role in the future.

But at 24 Kovacic will want to be playing regularly. As things stand, it's tough to see his minutes improving significantly for Real Madrid next season.

I think Kovacic is the best midfield signing we can hope for this summer. He'd be absolutely ideal to replace Dembele - and is leagues ahead of Wilma, N'Dembele and co.

Ruben Loftus-Cheek is ready for his first World Cup start — but admits he may have to quit Chelsea this summer, writes John Cross in Repino.

Loftus-Cheek is considering his future at Stamford Bridge after a season-long loan at Crystal Palace helped push him into the England squad for Russia 2018.

The 22-year-old midfielder is set to come in for Dele Alli who has a thigh injury and is likely to miss the Panama clash on Sunday.

Loftus-Cheek is desperate not to go back to Chelsea just to sit on the subs' bench and that has alerted both Palace and West Ham, who are both keen.

Loftus-Cheek said: “That’s the key for me next season, regarding where I end up. I want to play. I want to play as much as I can.

“Even this past season just gone, I didn’t play as much as I would have liked to because of the injuries and stuff. So I still feel I need a proper season of playing, wherever it is.

“I’m confident in my ability that I can do well wherever it is. But I’m just not thinking about whether I’m going to play at Chelsea right now. I’m focused on the tournament.

“Ever since I was in the Chelsea academy, I’ve had that awareness that people were saying I would be the one to breakthrough since JT (John Terry). I believed I could but the opportunities didn’t quite come for me.

“It’s hard to keep training at your best, but I made sure I did for when the time comes for when I did get opportunities like Palace.

“But I do understand that Chelsea is a big club and there is pressure on managers to win games, trophies.

“So I understand they might not be willing to take a chance on someone at a bigger club.”

Loftus-Cheek admits that just being at the World Cup, let alone starting, is beyond his wildest dreams as he prepares to face Panama.

He added: “It didn’t go through my thoughts once. Because obviously not playing for so long, going to Palace was all about fighting for a position."

Id really love to get him in, something about him really appeals to me, I think Poch could work wonders with him.

Though Im still convinced Chelsea wouldnt even consider it.

Would be some statement though, poaching talent from them.

Ruben Loftus-Cheek is ready for his first World Cup start — but admits he may have to quit Chelsea this summer, writes John Cross in Repino.

Id really love to get him in, something about him really appeals to me, I think Poch could work wonders with him.

Though Im still convinced Chelsea wouldnt even consider it.

Would be some statement though, poaching talent from them.
like lukaku, de bruyne and salad ? only if it works out for us, but it's always a gamble and happy to see this if Poch feels its right. From previous comments, he wants someone to compete with Alli to have a healthy tension in that position

I was thinking more specifically US poaching talent. Not them wasting players buying and selling to other clubs.

Chelsea dont deal with us, ever, doesnt happen. There is clearly bad blood.

For us to take one of their academy players, recent England international, would IMO be a big deal.

like lukaku, de bruyne and salad ? only if it works out for us, but it's always a gamble and happy to see this if Poch feels its right. From previous comments, he wants someone to compete with Alli to have a healthy tension in that position

I don't think RLC would compete with Alli. He's best playing as a CM rather than an AM.

Back