• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Sugar Daddy - Yea or Nay?

Sugar Daddy?

• Yea

Votes: 26 40.6%
  • Nay

Votes: 38 59.4%

• Total voters
another falacy, it's not instant success I'm after, it's some success, any success

I've been watching spurs for almost 30 years and seen 1 major cup final win and 10 games in the European cup

Im aware who he is but am unsure why him returning would change peoples minds on this issue?

Even when the likes of Chelsea, City and PSG have been flooded with cash they haven't managed to break a transfer World record once nor sign a player of the same cailbre.

Remember City trying to sign Kaka in Jan 2009 but got nowhere, same with PSG and Ronaldo. Such vasts amounts of money can guarentee you many good world class players but not THE best.

Best Spurs player in the past 30 years or more and one of the best in the World, after all he universally loved at the Lane.

I'd like to see us continue to grow in a sustainable way. We cannot afford Bale at this stage in his career, so I would not want to change our approach to sign him. Besides, players come and go, I would rather that we go looking for the next Bale or Modric than pining for the last.

A flip side to this question would be that are people willing to risk the future/existence of the club on short term success and the patronage of a ludicrously rich individual?

I'm definitely willing to risk it for long term success, as it stands we might as well not exist anyway for all the influence we have in European football.

Madrid, Juve, United. They didn't get to where they are through sound business sense and sportsmanship. There is no reward for high moral values, this isn't real life, it's entertainment.

another falacy, it's not instant success I'm after, it's some success, any success

I've been watching spurs for almost 30 years and seen 1 major cup final win and 10 games in the European cup

If you're wanting a sugar daddy then id say it is instant success you're after - if it's merely a change in owner who would do the things we're doing but better that you want then i wasn't refering to you.

I would say yes if it was to build a sustainable infrastructure.. Stadium build paid, huge youth policy brought in, scouting system implemented.

i would say no if it was just to chuck money at transfers and wages which IMO has killed football for the average fan. Whatever way I'd look at it, this model the success would be hollow.

I'm definitely willing to risk it for long term success, as it stands we might as well not exist anyway for all the influence we have in European football.

Madrid, Juve, United. They didn't get to where they are through sound business sense and sportsmanship. There is no reward for high moral values, this isn't real life, it's entertainment.

We are back again to what 99% of football fans get out of supporting their club. I'd love to see us back in the Champions' League again but it is not the be all and end all.

There's only two/three clubs out of reach financially and one of those is currently doing worse than us anyway.

Liverpool and Arsenal are reachable as we currently stand - once the new stadium is delivered we'll be on the same footing, albeit behind in terms of recent success, but it will only take good managment to have us in a position where we can challenge properly.

The amount of drama queens and doom merchants who want instant success is appalling - go and support City or Chelsea if the only things important to you are winning. 3 years a go we were an England managers sacking away from being genuine title challengers - where was the 'no chance of winning without a sugar daddy' phalanx then? all it's taken is a period of regression for supporters to throw in the towel. Pathetic

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...enham-harry-redknapp-wanted-manchester-809769

We were out of the race the minute the January window closed: we just didn't know it yet. And funnily enough, a sugar daddy could well have pushed us over the line then.

Sigh. Anyway, as you were, back to the back-and-forth name-calling, just wanted to put that out there.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...enham-harry-redknapp-wanted-manchester-809769

We were out of the race the minute the January window closed: we just didn't know it yet. And funnily enough, a sugar daddy could well have pushed us over the line then.

Sigh. Anyway, as you were, back to the back-and-forth name-calling, just wanted to put that out there.

We've been through this so i don't think there's much more to add.

Did we have the players available to continue our form? IMV yes we did, fresh legs could have helped but lets not pretend it was chief reason we fell away so embarrasingly.

Whichever side you sit on that particular issue isn't really important here - what's important in this discussion is that it was well within the realms of possibility that we could have maintained a title challenge without the need of a sugar daddy (either through Levy not being tight or Redknapp being professional in the midst of dreaming of England)

UEFA 84, FA cup 91, League cup 2008. In fact that prick on FIFA 14 (Tyler - Jesus I can't get away from him) loves to say in his patronising tone how Spurs are one of the few clubs that have won a major honour in every decade.

Last edited:
We've been through this so i don't think there's much more to add.

Did we have the players available to continue our form? IMV yes we did, fresh legs could have helped but lets not pretend it was chief reason we fell away so embarrasingly.

Whichever side you sit on that particular issue isn't really important here - what's important in this discussion is that it was well within the realms of possibility that we could have maintained a title challenge without the need of a sugar daddy (either through Levy not being tight or Redknapp being professional in the midst of dreaming of England)

Tevez and Cahill would have done far more than 'help' had we pushed those transfers over the line, and I suspect you agree with me on that. Hell, even nominally superior players to Nelsen and Saha would have done a better job than those two old, tired warhorses did.

You say that Levy not being tight would have helped us stay in the title race, and presumably you infer by extension that this means that a sugar daddy isn't necessary because those situations will arise again and Levy will be less tight-fisted when that occurs.

See, that's fundamentally where we disagree. I view that as being as obliviously hopeful as those you label as pining for a Mansour or an Abramovich. Levy will not be less tight-fisted if a situation like that arises again: imv, we have seen ample proof of his absolute unwillingness to change his style of running this club this summer, and anyone who thinks Levy will do more than provide a Stambouli and Fazio duo to a manager desperately seeking prime reinforcements to implement his philosophy....well, I can only hope that they realise their error before they are smacked full on by cold, hard reality, as I was.

If you're wanting a sugar daddy then id say it is instant success you're after - if it's merely a change in owner who would do the things we're doing but better that you want then i wasn't refering to you.

it's not even a change in owner I'm after, ENIC do a lot of good, I think that we need to source and spend more money to kick on though

UEFA 84, FA cup 92, League cup 2008. In fact that prick on FIFA 14 (Tyler - Jesus I can't get away from him) loves to say in his patronising tone how Spurs are one of the few clubs that have won a major honour in every decade.

im not old enough to remember the UEFA cup win in 84 sadly, first I remember was 91 (should have been 87), the league cup isn't a major trophy imo

Tevez and Cahill would have done far more than 'help' had we pushed those transfers over the line, and I suspect you agree with me on that. Hell, even nominally superior players to Nelsen and Saha would have done a better job than those two old, tired warhorses did.

You say that Levy not being tight would have helped us stay in the title race, and presumably you infer by extension that this means that a sugar daddy isn't necessary because those situations will arise again and Levy will be less tight-fisted when that occurs.

See, that's fundamentally where we disagree. I view that as being as obliviously hopeful as those you label as pining for a Mansour or an Abramovich. Levy will not be less tight-fisted if a situation like that arises again: imv, we have seen ample proof of his absolute unwillingness to change his style of running this club this summer, and anyone who thinks Levy will do more than provide a Stambouli and Fazio duo to a manager desperately seeking prime reinforcements to implement his philosophy....well, I can only hope that they realise their error before they are smacked full on by cold, hard reality, as I was.

Do you think had England not sacked Capello we'd have had our post Jan slump? We didn't HAVE to buy players in Jan - it would have been a bonus, we weren't faced with an injury crisis and we had decent back up players already here not being used. whereas on the other hand you DO expect the manager to remain focussed and continue doing his job under those circumstances. That's the crux of the issue for me - ask anyone outside of Spurs fans why we ****ed up that season and i don't think many would put it down to a lack of investment in the Jan window.

You are kind of on the right track with what i am infering - me personally yes i think we can get ourselves back in to that position with Levy in charge, but the point was more that a sugar daddy isn't the only way to be successful - you're not a fan of Levy, so surely by extension, in your view, there must be a good number of people out there who can run us on a similar model and do better than he has done before we reach a point where only a sugar daddy can improve us? Because if you do think a SD is the only way we can improve then that would suggest Levy is doing a mighty fine job by your own criteria...

You are kind of on the right track with what i am infering - me personally yes i think we can get ourselves back in to that position with Levy in charge, but the point was more that a sugar daddy isn't the only way to be successful - you're not a fan of Levy, so surely by extension, in your view, there must be a good number of people out there who can run us on a similar model and do better than he has done before we reach a point where only a sugar daddy can improve us? Because if you do think a SD is the only way we can improve then that would suggest Levy is doing a mighty fine job by your own criteria...

We may get the odd year like 2012/13 when it all comes together and we have a realistic shot at the title, but I can't see us sustaining that consistently. Given the choice of winning the league with or without a SD, of course I would take the former, but I just don't honestly believe it's possible without the latter. Even if we hadn't shot ourselves in the foot and even though we went to Emirates Marketing Project just 6 points behind them, I never realistically expected us to still be in the title race come May, Emirates Marketing Project's squad was just unbelievable and United had Fergie. We should have hit around 77-80 points that season, which would have been 9-13 points short of winning the title if I'm not mistaken.

We may get the odd year like 2012/13 when it all comes together and we have a realistic shot at the title, but I can't see us sustaining that consistently. Given the choice of winning the league with or without a SD, of course I would take the former, but I just don't honestly believe it's possible without the latter. Even if we hadn't shot ourselves in the foot and even though we went to Emirates Marketing Project just 6 points behind them, I never realistically expected us to still be in the title race come May, Emirates Marketing Project's squad was just unbelievable and United had Fergie. We should have hit around 77-80 points that season, which would have been 9-13 points short of winning the title if I'm not mistaken.

What about Liverpool last year? Were they destined to balls up because they aren't back by an oligarch? What about Arsenal - are they never going to challenge for the title until someone ploughs in additional money to their existing high revenue (a revenue we can get close to with the new stadium)?

What about Liverpool last year? Were they destined to balls up because they aren't back by an oligarch? What about Arsenal - are they never going to challenge for the title until someone ploughs in additional money to their existing high revenue (a revenue we can get close to with the new stadium)?

Both of those clubs are more likely to lose their top players as they have done continually than the likes of Chelsea and Emirates Marketing Project are. Liverpool lose one player, and it all goes to ****. Imagine if Arsenal had kept hold of Fabregas, Nasri and Van Persie.

When was the last time Arsenal could have won the title on the final day of the season? That to me is the definition of going close.

they were destined to balls it up because their manager is an idiot

Both of those clubs are more likely to lose their top players as they have done continually than the likes of Chelsea and Emirates Marketing Project are. Liverpool lose one player, and it all goes to ****. Imagine if Arsenal had kept hold of Fabregas, Nasri and Van Persie.

When was the last time Arsenal could have won the title on the final day of the season? That to me is the definition of going close.

Liverpool done as you said and took it to the wire and my point re Arsenal was they now have the clout to build a team good enough to challenge for the title, (which they got through hard work over a long time) whether they do under Wenger again though i am highly dubious. Are you telling me you wouldn't even be happy to be in either of those two clubs situation looking forward? Is that not good enough it HAS to be Chelsea/City levels of finance or you're not interested?

Liverpool done as you said and took it to the wire and my point re Arsenal was they now have the clout to build a team good enough to challenge for the title, (which they got through hard work over a long time) whether they do under Wenger again though i am highly dubious. Are you telling me you wouldn't even be happy to be in either of those two clubs situation looking forward? Is that not good enough it HAS to be Chelsea/City levels of finance or you're not interested?

A) I don't think we are run as a club as well as Arsenal are. I do not think Arsenal are capable of winning the league and finishing above the two el cashico clubs anyway.

B) Where did I say I wouldn't be interested? I'm still posting on a Spurs forum almost daily despite us being in the bottom half and generally playing **** and being dire to watch these days.

C) I would be satisfied doing what Arsenal are doing, but I would be even more satisfied winning the league. Ask them if they would take a sugar daddy, I bet a lot of them would. They've still only won one trophy in nine years.

Back