• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Subway.. What no bacon!?

is there really a problem here?

its clearly a business decision, would there be a similar outcry if yorkshire pubs stopped selling lager because all the whippet owners only wanted mild?

I would like to go into any subway and be able to order bacon.. Is that really to much to ask!

A bacon sandwich is what this nation is built on in the mornings.

ultimately why not supply both

Last edited:
There's at least 1500 Subway shops in the UK, think you'll be able to find a fully piggy one.

Stuff like this is manna from heaven for the Mail though :lol:

by minority customer i mean one that wants something they rarely get requested, why stock bacon (or beef, or turkey) if 99% of customers don't want it, if it was texas subway outlets not selling the veggie pattie I doubt that would be so newsworthy

Don't see a problem with this. I expect these are mainly in Muslim areas, or areas where there are two Subway shops close by. There are two in my town, I imagine it would be smart for at least one to be Halal as it would be able to have its own section of the market even though I don't believe I live in a predominantly Muslim area. Plenty of the take aways I go to are probably Halal, it's their decision as a business.

Didn't read through the OP properly, at first I thought they were getting rid of bacon in all outlets, which would be completely ridiculous. However, can see why Subway would play to the market in areas with a large community who don't eat pork/eat halal/kosher etc, following the cash money as it were.

Of course, as a veggie, I would prefer no meat at all ;) Mainly though, if it wasn't a monetary decision, religion should not enter the equation with scenarios like this in my opinion.

Don't see a problem with this. I expect these are mainly in Muslim areas, or areas where there are two Subway shops close by. There are two in my town, I imagine it would be smart for at least one to be Halal as it would be able to have its own section of the market even though I don't believe I live in a predominantly Muslim area. Plenty of the take aways I go to are probably Halal, it's their decision as a business.

Most of the takeaways around here are cat and seagull meat, sometimes outsiders, we don't like outsiders:-k

If it was in a predominately French area and had horse or frog meat, Greek area with snail or Korean... The Mail would be up in arms!!!!

lol.

so what they are saying, I have to conform to there needs. So, as an example a subway in Birmingham near the Edgebaston ground will not be able to provide a nice bacon sandwich on the way to the ground to watch the cricket when I travel to see the T20 finals day like last year. May seem a tad selfish on my part, but that is fooking ********.

next we will see all the schools doing Halal only meat.

no wonder people are turning to Ukip

if you are going to the cricket, a quintessential english pastime, why would you choose an american fast food chain for breakfast, there must be a hundred greasy spoons within walking distance of the ground

Do they actually do a decent bacon sandwich in Subway? Wouldn't it have been pre-cooked and shipped in?

if you are going to the cricket, a quintessential english pastime, why would you choose an american fast food chain for breakfast, there must be a hundred greasy spoons within walking distance of the ground

Couldn't see them... Had lovely rolled BBQ pork rolls in the ground though.

Do they actually do a decent bacon sandwich in Subway? Wouldn't it have been pre-cooked and shipped in?

I prefer cold bacon, Infact when at home I will always do an extra 3 slices to have maybe later. Has to be thick sliced though.

you know what, its irrelevant, i shouldn't have imposed that on you, its your choice, if you want a subway, have a subway

all i'm saying, is that from subways point of view, this move probably makes financial sense, similar thing, I can't eat cheese, and I can't stand mayonnaise, i'd love it if both of these ingredients were not prevalent in pre packages sarnies, but thats the way of it, most people want one/other/both so pret/eat/etc cater to the greater want, they are not doing it to further the political cause of the cheese makers (blessed as they maybe), and they are certainly not doing it to spite me, they are doing it so that they continue to make money

you know what, its irrelevant, i shouldn't have imposed that on you, its your choice, if you want a subway, have a subway

all i'm saying, is that from subways point of view, this move probably makes financial sense, similar thing, I can't eat cheese, and I can't stand mayonnaise, i'd love it if both of these ingredients were not prevalent in pre packages sarnies, but thats the way of it, most people want one/other/both so pret/eat/etc cater to the greater want, they are not doing it to further the political cause of the cheese makers (blessed as they maybe), and they are certainly not doing it to spite me, they are doing it so that they continue to make money

It is totally relevant; SH you have an allotment don't you? How much stuff do you grow that will not be consumed?

On another note; I prefer to get my lunch from an M&S - now I don't eat red meat (I eat certain fish and chicken breast) and I'm shocked at how much pig meat they stick into everything (even when it doesn't seem necessary). Here was me thinking they had Jewish background (or has that changed?)

Back