• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

StubHub

I like stubhub. The site worked very well for me, I had a choice of tickets clearly laid out, can buy now or wait a bit... what's not to like? You lot are strange.

I'm very happy to pay over the odds because guess what? I don't have a season ticket, and supply<demand

The ticket office has choice of tickets clearly laid out, we have loyalty points so the tickets go to the most "deserving" fans based upon a agreed criteria, if you cant go then the ticket should really go to the next on the list - technology would probably let us do that, if not then to a member at near face value.

Why not get rid stub hub and season tickets, loyalty points and just sell all in an auction where only those who are most willing and able to spend the most can go - cant imagine it will be a good experience in the ground however.

Since Spurs tickets can only be listed on Stubhub once a game has sold out and with the almost certain move to Wembley next season, presumably Stubhub won't be a factor next year? All games will go to general sale and only a few are likely to be completely sold out - and then only shortly before the date of the match.

Since Spurs tickets can only be listed on Stubhub once a game has sold out and with the almost certain move to Wembley next season, presumably Stubhub won't be a factor next year? All games will go to general sale and only a few are likely to be completely sold out - and then only shortly before the date of the match.

we will sell out a lot more than you realise off the back off additional availability

Possibly not but I doubt the new WHL will also not sell out its still an issue as any extension is likely to be multi year.

I don't mind StubHub in principle either. I'd like a price cap linked to a % increase of the original face value. That way everyone wins while making the tickets affordable for those who genuinely cannot afford to pay the higher prices.
No, not me. I like it like this.

I am cash rich and time poor.

If tickets were near face value they would all be snapped up.

As they are over £100 each, there were still some available for me to buy, after working long and hard all day.

If they install a proper safe car park for rich people, I may consider going more often

I don't think it should be legal to sell tickets for more than face value (plus a reasonable admin fee). I don't think anybody should be able to buy a season ticket and turn a profit, or buy tickets for a gig and double their money etc.

It is illegal to sell a ticket at more than face value, but when you buy a ticket through StubHub the price you pay IS THE face value + booking fee.

No, not me. I like it like this.

I am cash rich and time poor.

If tickets were near face value they would all be snapped up.

As they are over £100 each, there were still some available for me to buy, after working long and hard all day.

If they install a proper safe car park for rich people, I may consider going more often
article-2260386-16DCA922000005DC-657_634x376.jpg

That assumes that the purpose of Stubhub is for people to tout their tickets for higher prices.

There is still a need for a resale facility for season ticket holders who can't attend a game. The Stubhub model let's us sell for under face value if it means getting something back and not having an empty seat.

I wouldn't be surprised if we kept Stubhub but removed the requirement for the game to be sold out. That's usually the setup in the US.

It is illegal to sell a ticket at more than face value, but when you buy a ticket through StubHub the price you pay IS THE face value + booking fee.

It's actually the unauthorised selling of the ticket which is illegal not the inflated price.

Stubhub makes it an authorised sale, with the details of the buyer available to the club, police etc if needed.

That assumes that the purpose of Stubhub is for people to tout their tickets for higher prices.

There is still a need for a resale facility for season ticket holders who can't attend a game. The Stubhub model let's us sell for under face value if it means getting something back and not having an empty seat.

I wouldn't be surprised if we kept Stubhub but removed the requirement for the game to be sold out. That's usually the setup in the US.
I'm assuming that the purpose of the Stubhub deal is to allow a system of ticket resale which enables the club to make more money than they did from the previous in-house arrangement.

It seems unlikely to me that while tickets are available on general sale the club would permit season ticket holders to list their seats in direct competition but stranger things have happened.

I'm assuming that the purpose of the Stubhub deal is to allow a system of ticket resale which enables the club to make more money than they did from the previous in-house arrangement.

It seems unlikely to me that while tickets are available on general sale the club would permit season ticket holders to list their seats in direct competition but stranger things have happened.
More likely just outsourcing to save money/effort

The bit thats hard to square is the support and agreement the premier league clubs gave to the £30 cap on away tickets, BUT the green light given to season ticket holders to charge up to £125 when re-selling your ticket to other fans of your club.

You're either want to help or you dont.

edit: i'd like to know what the figures look like for the club, as if they're personally not creaming it in why not cap the price of re-sales as well (eg FV +10%). I'd rather they brought it in house (inc away game re-sales), with automation inc online platform, payment, emails conf, and loaded onto card its hardly any work.

Last edited:
Apparently their is a cap on stub hub for the arse game and it's £126 a ticket

I think that cap applies for all games. I understood the cap on what a buyer might have to pay is set at £150. So a ticket posted at around £125 plus fees would cost £150. I don't think I've ever seen anything listed for more than £125, but then fortunately I haven't had to check for all games. And obviously anyone here who has listed for more than that can correct me.
I read somewhere that THFC is the only venue on Stubhub that sets a cap.

Reading some of the comments here I can see why Stubhub might be a better system for ST holders than the old in-house ticket exchange. What I don't like seeing is, for example, a £40 fv ticket being listed at an extremely inflated price. It's just legalised touting.
But after this season I'd imagine the need to use Stubhub would Be greatly reduced, if needed at all.

Back