• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

StubHub

I am going to be honest and say that StubHub is brilliant. I have both bought and sold tickets on it. Earlier in the season I sold a £32 ticket for £90, HAPPY DAYS. A few years back I bought a Chelsea ticket on the morning of the match and paid £5 less than the face value. My tip to anyone buying a ticket through stubhub is to leave it late. The old ticket exchange system was pants if you were the seller, as payment was credited to the price of next years season ticket, and not cash.

Is this another definition of 'winning' and 'being number 1'?

I am going to be honest and say that StubHub is brilliant. I have both bought and sold tickets on it. Earlier in the season I sold a £32 ticket for £90, HAPPY DAYS. A few years back I bought a Chelsea ticket on the morning of the match and paid £5 less than the face value. My tip to anyone buying a ticket through stubhub is to leave it late. The old ticket exchange system was pants if you were the seller, as payment was credited to the price of next years season ticket, and not cash.

Personally, I don't think selling a £32 ticket to a fellow supporter for £90 is happy days. In fact, I would say I think that is pretty disgusting tbh. I would never try to make money out of other Spurs supporters but that is just me. Face Value or not at all.

I think there's a general big backlash against these sort of operations, and soon most events will have photos of the buyer (or digital equivalent) printed on the tickets, and anyone else trying to use them will be refused entry (like Glastonbury has been doing for years)

Can't see that happening unless there is legislation saying clubs have a legal responsibility for ensuring the original buyer is the person who uses the ticket.

Firstly new stadiums have barcode operated turnstile rather than operators, so that's an additional cost. Then there's the potential queues created by arguing with people who don't look like the photo, and that's if the minimum wage casual steward can really be bothered with the confrontation.

A one off temporary event venue, where people queue for entry over an extended period like festivals, is very different to a stadium where a high percentage of fans arrive within 15mins of kick off.

While I wouldn't personally put my ticket on there for £90, you've mentioned two reasons why I think the Stubhub model should stay.

First as a season ticket holder I get payment straight after the match. Second, if i can't get to a game I might be happy to get less than face value rather than nothing at all. I couldn't do either of the old ticket exchange was still being used.

I used it to pick up a ticket today.

I don't / can't go often but I wanted to see the old girl off.

So paying slightly over the odds was acceptable to me on a one-off / rare basis.

I have no issue with stubhub, it's not the systems fault if people take advantage of it, if those tickets don't go on such a service they get sold outside the ground anyway, i've happily paid touts 3/4 x in the pre stubhub days, on occasions this was to use season tickets, it's always happened, at least stubhub means you don't have to roam tottenham with pockets full of cash

ultimately, people are never going to pay more than they think a ticket is worth

a football match is only ever something you "want" to go to, rather than something you "have" to go to

I've sold tickets ok there for less than face a few times

I'm of the view that I've paid for it in advance and it's done and dusted

In the future the likelyhood is that Stubhub will become redundant and anybody selling a season ticket will get stung.

Last ever game at White Hart Lane v the scum.. 27k Season tickets + 25k Applications = 52k
New Capacity 60k

Corporates may boost the number but the club are going to have to do something with ticket prices
You can add at least 20k who didn't bother to apply because we knew we didn't have anywhere near enough LP. There will still be a demand, but not like it's now. Hopefully Stubhub gets ditched though.

But by definition the people without a lot of Loyalty points are not regular goers.
Scum are one thing but i dont think at West Brom at home we get 60k at the current ticket price. Needs to drop to a general sale price of £30 for those games. Meaning a season ticket needs to average at £25-£30 so around £600
There are thousands of people like me that would travel more often. Now it's too bloody difficult (and expensive) to get a ticket, so I only travel once or twice a year. With easier access to tickets, more people will go more often. You can't go to something if it isn't available!

FIELD-OF-DREAMS_510x380.jpg

I have no issue with stubhub, it's not the systems fault if people take advantage of it, if those tickets don't go on such a service they get sold outside the ground anyway, i've happily paid touts 3/4 x in the pre stubhub days, on occasions this was to use season tickets, it's always happened, at least stubhub means you don't have to roam tottenham with pockets full of cash

ultimately, people are never going to pay more than they think a ticket is worth

a football match is only ever something you "want" to go to, rather than something you "have" to go to

Indeed, you pays money and takes your choice. Personally if i am unable to use my ticket i give it to mate so have never had to resort to Stubhub. Which ever system the club use to sell tickets they will be those who will moan about it.

I like stubhub. The site worked very well for me, I had a choice of tickets clearly laid out, can buy now or wait a bit... what's not to like? You lot are strange.

I'm very happy to pay over the odds because guess what? I don't have a season ticket, and supply<demand

I don't mind StubHub in principle either. I'd like a price cap linked to a % increase of the original face value. That way everyone wins while making the tickets affordable for those who genuinely cannot afford to pay the higher prices.
I'd also like the ability to see the exact position of the seat - or at least to search using Row number as the ranking criteria, like you used to be able to.

It will be great with the new stadium though. As the capacity means it should be possible to get a ticket to most games and in most sections of the stadium.

I used it to pick up a ticket today.

I don't / can't go often but I wanted to see the old girl off.

So paying slightly over the odds was acceptable to me on a one-off / rare basis.

The problem is it's not mainly fans who can't go selling to fans who can go. It's not even baseball-capped Manchurians with drug-dealer whispers and a boot full of fake merchandise.

It's now a massive organised crime racket. Gangs in all quarters of the world use either advanced bots or just local cheap labour to buy up as many as they possibly can, then sell them on at a huge mark-up. They hugely inflate prices, purely to turn a substantial middle-man profit.

The problem is it's not mainly fans who can't go selling to fans who can go. It's not even baseball-capped Manchurians with drug-dealer whispers and a boot full of fake merchandise.

It's now a massive organised crime racket. Gangs in all quarters of the world use either advanced bots or just local cheap labour to buy up as many as they possibly can, then sell them on at a huge mark-up. They hugely inflate prices, purely to turn a substantial middle-man profit.

How do these gangs have season tickets at White Hart lane?

I get your comments for gigs etc... Its called scalping in the states i think, but not for football games where you can only sell your ticket on stub hub if you have a season ticket

I don't mind StubHub in principle either. I'd like a price cap linked to a % increase of the original face value. That way everyone wins while making the tickets affordable for those who genuinely cannot afford to pay the higher prices.
I'd also like the ability to see the exact position of the seat - or at least to search using Row number as the ranking criteria, like you used to be able to.

It will be great with the new stadium though. As the capacity means it should be possible to get a ticket to most games and in most sections of the stadium.

I agree

You should be able to sell your ticket at face value plus fees so it isn't about profiteering

Back