• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

StubHub

ringo

Tim Sherwood
As the other ticket thread is locked in classics now there is a bit of the StubHub thing that I don't get.

I dislike the whole idea of StubHub, especially as ticket exchange was my preferred method of getting tickets, for myself and my son. It is not so much the money even, but the idea that it appears to allow a non-Spurs fan third party to buy up tickets and resell them -- and even if you do have to be a member it is easy enough to join and buy and sell..

But that isn't the bit I don't get....it is this...it says on the website that StubHub can only be used when the match is sold out by the official ticketing route. However, in quite a few games there are a few tickets available in the corners and right at the back until really late on. That would mean the season ticket holders would not have time to resell their tickets via StubHub.

I'm assuming that I am missing something here..??

I dislike the whole idea of StubHub, especially as ticket exchange was my preferred method of getting tickets, for myself and my son. It is not so much the money even, but the idea that it appears to allow a non-Spurs fan third party to buy up tickets and resell them -- and even if you do have to be a member it is easy enough to join and buy and sell..
I think it's only open to season ticket holders to sell their seats, you can't buy a seat as a member, and resell it. At least that's how I've read it from the information released.

But that isn't the bit I don't get....it is this...it says on the website that StubHub can only be used when the match is sold out by the official ticketing route. However, in quite a few games there are a few tickets available in the corners and right at the back until really late on. That would mean the season ticket holders would not have time to resell their tickets via StubHub.

I'm assuming that I am missing something here..??
Yeah I've wondered about that, I assume a "sell out" is a point before it reaches that stage. Spurs said something like 17 of our home games last season sold out, so must be something like that.

This could be the straw that breaks the camel's back for me with dealing with this club. They've treated us fans like dirt for so long I'm used to it, but this system is the worst thing I've ever seen introduced by them. I sent a long email detailing why it's a disgrace, and of course I got back the stock copy-and-pasts reply to "give it a chance". This club is not about the fans anymore, and to be fair it's probably the same with all big Premier League clubs nowadays. The money comes from TV and advertising, so the fans mean nothing now.

This could be the straw that breaks the camel's back for me with dealing with this club. They've treated us fans like dirt for so long I'm used to it, but this system is the worst thing I've ever seen introduced by them. I sent a long email detailing why it's a disgrace, and of course I got back the stock copy-and-pasts reply to "give it a chance". This club is not about the fans anymore, and to be fair it's probably the same with all big Premier League clubs nowadays. The money comes from TV and advertising, so the fans mean nothing now.

I sent a long email detailing why it's a disgrace, and of course I got back the stock copy-and-pasts reply to "give it a chance"

So did i. Both parts.

The money comes from TV and advertising, so the fans mean nothing now

We are not fans. We are customers/revenue streams (same for almost all PL clubs). Nothing more.

In the words of the immortal Sex Pistols - tourists are money!

I think it's only open to season ticket holders to sell their seats, you can't buy a seat as a member, and resell it. At least that's how I've read it from the information released.

Sadly not: "Customers who buy Tottenham Hotspur tickets on StubHub.co.uk but can no longer attend the match can also resell these same tickets – even if they’re not Season Ticket Members." You can see where that is going. Secondary market for unwanted tickets of season ticket holders. There was no incentive to run a market in unwanted Spurs tickets under the old system, but now under the whatever price the market will bear system, there is. Frankly, it stinks...

Yeah I've wondered about that, I assume a "sell out" is a point before it reaches that stage. Spurs said something like 17 of our home games last season sold out, so must be something like that.

The thing is 17 games probably did sell out --eventually.. but I'll be interested to see at what point it is classified a sell-out. Because even if there is one ticket available - that's not in strict terms a sell out.

I notice also: "Tickets sold via StubHub for matches at White Hart Lane are for Tottenham Hotspur supporters only." Maybe we have to do a quiz...

I sent a long email detailing why it's a disgrace, and of course I got back the stock copy-and-pasts reply to "give it a chance"

So did i. Both parts.

The money comes from TV and advertising, so the fans mean nothing now

We are not fans. We are customers/revenue streams (same for almost all PL clubs). Nothing more.

In the words of the immortal Sex Pistols - tourists are money!

I agree the StubHUb business stinks........

BUT the way i now see it, the club has endorsed the secondary market and even the legality of re selling tickets above face value. What i suggest is ST holders and members who are users of GG, TFC*ck, SC etc forums quite freely have a thread for spares and exchanges that will help us genuine fans out. (naturally face value only).

The club can 'jog' on this matter from now on. Dare they preach their double standards to us now:evil:

Sadly not: "Customers who buy Tottenham Hotspur tickets on StubHub.co.uk but can no longer attend the match can also resell these same tickets – even if they’re not Season Ticket Members." You can see where that is going. Secondary market for unwanted tickets of season ticket holders. There was no incentive to run a market in unwanted Spurs tickets under the old system, but now under the whatever price the market will bear system, there is. Frankly, it stinks...
That does seem rather odd, but it's still the season ticket seat being sold (and re-sold).

If they do ever make it available to any ticket, then might as well forget it, don't fancy going up against the red bar of death and several hundred ticket touts with nothing better to do with their time.

I'm not trying to defend StubHub btw, I've no doubt the reason Spurs've changed to this is because it generates more revenue for them.

I agree the StubHUb business stinks........

BUT the way i now see it, the club has endorsed the secondary market and even the legality of re selling tickets above face value. What i suggest is ST holders and members who are users of GG, TFC*ck, SC etc forums quite freely have a thread for spares and exchanges that will help us genuine fans out. (naturally face value only).

The club can 'jog' on this matter from now on. Dare they preach their double standards to us now:evil:

Unfortunately, that is not an option. I know that this sounds perverse considering the subject of the thread but the resale of tickets to football games is illegal and we could find ourselves in trouble with the club and police if were seen to encourage it.

Personally, I would love to be able to do a ticket exchange here but we cannot do it when it could put the future of the board in question and could end up with the people running the board getting in the sh*t.

Unfortunately, that is not an option. I know that this sounds perverse considering the subject of the thread but the resale of tickets to football games is illegal and we could find ourselves in trouble with the club and police if were seen to encourage it.

Personally, I would love to be able to do a ticket exchange here but we cannot do it when it could put the future of the board in question and could end up with the people running the board getting in the sh*t.

No worries Milo, i knew that was the situation with GG already, just in my view the club itself has shifted its position (officially and morally) by getting into bed with StubHub. Just wondering if they are then justified in preaching to other 3rd parties..........besides we do it on the fighting **** and the spurs tickets twitter appears to bowl along ok.

No worries Milo, i knew that was the situation with GG already, just in my view the club itself has shifted its position (officially and morally) by getting into bed with StubHub. Just wondering if they are then justified in preaching to other 3rd parties..........besides we do it on the fighting **** and the spurs tickets twitter appears to bowl along ok.

What they should have done something about are the touts along the High Road on match day, but no, let's go after the fans exchanging tickets at face value on internet forums.

Dont know if this has been mentioned on here, but Spurs are also considering their partnership with StubHub, which ends in May.

That does seem rather odd, but it's still the season ticket seat being sold (and re-sold).

I was pretty sure that this was one of the changes made to the Stubhub system after it was launched. The first being a cap on the maximum sale price, and the second was buying a Stubhub ticket and then relisting at a higher price.

From memory this was because people were buying reasonably priced or 'face value' tickets and relisting at huge prices for the big games.

Personally I have no issue with the system as long as it's being policed from major abuse.

In the future the likelyhood is that Stubhub will become redundant and anybody selling a season ticket will get stung.

Last ever game at White Hart Lane v the scum.. 27k Season tickets + 25k Applications = 52k
New Capacity 60k

Corporates may boost the number but the club are going to have to do something with ticket prices

I think there's a general big backlash against these sort of operations, and soon most events will have photos of the buyer (or digital equivalent) printed on the tickets, and anyone else trying to use them will be refused entry (like Glastonbury has been doing for years)

In the future the likelyhood is that Stubhub will become redundant and anybody selling a season ticket will get stung.

Last ever game at White Hart Lane v the scum.. 27k Season tickets + 25k Applications = 52k
New Capacity 60k

Corporates may boost the number but the club are going to have to do something with ticket prices

I don't think the numbers are that hard, i'm sure there is a number of people who didn't bother applying as they know they don't have enough points, you'll also get plenty of tourists if a game of that magnitude goes to general sale

I don't think the numbers are that hard, i'm sure there is a number of people who didn't bother applying as they know they don't have enough points, you'll also get plenty of tourists if a game of that magnitude goes to general sale

But by definition the people without a lot of Loyalty points are not regular goers.
Scum are one thing but i dont think at West Brom at home we get 60k at the current ticket price. Needs to drop to a general sale price of £30 for those games. Meaning a season ticket needs to average at £25-£30 so around £600

I am going to be honest and say that StubHub is brilliant. I have both bought and sold tickets on it. Earlier in the season I sold a £32 ticket for £90, HAPPY DAYS. A few years back I bought a Chelsea ticket on the morning of the match and paid £5 less than the face value. My tip to anyone buying a ticket through stubhub is to leave it late. The old ticket exchange system was pants if you were the seller, as payment was credited to the price of next years season ticket, and not cash.

Back