• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Stevie Me

amazed he didn't name the poor whelp after himself

cue a follow up autobiography documenting the 9 months with not a word of the bairns mother

Has that bloated old sow from the Athletics Track slagged him off for being excited about the birth of his baby yet?

This is hilarious

Gerrard has uploaded a photo of his newborn boy - wonder how he will look in 70 years time :D

jichhe.png

Steven Gerrard: New Rangers manager says he can make fans happy

_101174474_gerrard-king.jpg

Steven Gerrard is the man Rangers chairman Dave King hopes will deliver success at Ibrox
Steven Gerrard says he "got a special feeling" when he first spoke to Rangers about becoming their new manager as he vowed to "make the fans happy".

The 37-year-old former Liverpool captain has agreed a four-year deal to take over at Ibrox this summer.

And Gerrard confirmed that former Scotland skipper Gary McAllister would be his assistant at the Scottish Premiership club.

"It was a no-brainer for me," said Gerrard after being paraded.

"There were a lot of different things to think about but from that first phone call I got a special feeling and I knew that Rangers were for me.

"I'm very aware of Rangers, the size of the club, I've watched them from afar and been lucky enough to watch some of the Old Firm games.

"This opportunity doesn't come around all the time - clubs with this size, stature and history. I believe I can come in and make these fans happy."

Gerrard, who replaces interim manager Graeme Murty, made 710 appearances and won nine trophies for Liverpool over 19 years and was capped 114 times by England.

He captained his country at three of the six major tournaments at which he played and was Reds skipper for almost 12 years.

He retired in 2016 after a spell with LA Galaxy and joined the youth set-up at Anfield after rejecting an offer to become manager of MK Dons.

Gerrard insisted he would need to get his "feet in the door and teeth into the job" before assessing what needs done.

"If I didn't have confidence in myself and my staff and the board I wouldn't have come here," he said. "In terms of targets, I just want to win football matches. That's my buzz."

Of McAllister, who was a team-mate of Gerrard's at Liverpool and also played for and managed Leeds and Coventry, the new Rangers boss said: "He's a long-time friend of mine.

"I have huge respect for Gary and he ticks the box where, maybe I'm not the most experienced manager right now, but he's been in the game for a very long time and as a partnership I feel will be very strong.

"He will be a rock and a very big support and as soon as I asked him it was a 'yes' straight away.

"I learned so much from Gary and I couldn't ask for anyone better to take on this challenge with me.

Chairman Dave King said Gerrard "ticked every box" other than experience.

"A lot of the other managers who have been named, they have had experience but that experience was not necessarily good. Steven's character outweighed his inexperience," King said.

Murty left his post on Tuesday with the side third in the Premiership. His assistants, Jimmy Nicholl and Jonatan Johansson, will in charge for the final three games of the season starting at home against Kilmarnock on Saturday.

He actually went for it. Probably a smart move getting McAllister.

Attachments

• upload_2018-5-4_16-47-48.gif
    upload_2018-5-4_16-47-48.gif
    42 bytes · Views: 9
Yes, getting McAllister as assistant is a good move, as he has some experience as manager and is a big name in Scottish football.

It's a gutsy move from Gerrard, choosing a club where the pressure will be immense.

Dont know but it seems to inflict the entire city. I've never understood how an entire city could be so against progression in every single walk of life but they are.

Most of them have Republic of Ireland family heritage so chips on their shoulders will be a vital part of their upbringing.

Yes, getting McAllister as assistant is a good move, as he has some experience as manager and is a big name in Scottish football.

It's a gutsy move from Gerrard, choosing a club where the pressure will be immense.

I think that it's a daft move. The gap between them and Celtic is huge and Rangers don't have any money. They finished third this season, his scope for improving them is finishing one place higher. Would anyone recognise that as an achievement and give him a better job?

I think he is on a hiding to nothing taking that job, he is destined for failure as they are brick and have no money to spend and are eon's away from Celtic !!

No one can seriously expect rangers to win anything for the foreseeable future,except for the rangers fans, who are almost as deluded as Liverpool fans. so when it fails, he can walk away and say that it wasn't his fault. And as much as I dislike the guy, chances are it won't be his fault.
Rangers are in a mess of epic proportions, and it won't change anytime soon.
Actually the deluded part applies to both halves of the old firm.

Back