• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Steven Bergwijn

https://www.telegraaf.nl/sport/513823910/spurs-coach-jose-mourinho-verwelkomt-steven-bergwijn

PREMIUMThe best from De Telegraaf

Telesport travels to England while completing its transfer

Spurs coach José Mourinho welcomes Steven Bergwijn

By ERIK VAN HAREN

Updated 1 hour ago
2 hours ago in FOOTBALL

LONDON - Steven Bergwijn lives his football dream. Today, Tottenham Hotspur's brand new acquisition is on the training ground in North London for the first time when he has signed his bold contract up to and including 2025.

José Mourinho comes to greet his new purchase Steven Bergwijn.

Ⓒ TELEGRAAF

In the wake of the international (22), TELESPORT traveled to England while completing his transfer.

Schiphol East, early in the morning. The private aircraft with number D-SCUN is ready for the Bergwijn family. The attacker is accompanied by parents Steve and Bianca, younger brother Alejandro and his agents. Less than 24 hours earlier, Tottenham Hotspur and PSV have reached an agreement on the transfer, which will bring the people of Eindhoven a minimum of thirty million euros.

Bergwijn himself drove to the Philips Stadium around one o'clock in the morning to say goodbye to PSV's technical manager John de Jong and member of the board Peter Fossen, for whom he is also grateful for the top deal. "The Premier League, that is the highest achievable for every football player," says Bergwijn during the short flight over the North Sea. "Yes, this is certainly a dream come true. It also feels like the right time to take this step. "

After the taxi ride from London Luton airport, everything has been arranged down to the last detail by his new club. Spurs has been following Bergwijn for years. Brian Carey, the Irish scout in Europe, has sat in front of him almost every match last season.

The Bergwijn family flies to London in a private jet to complete the deal.

Ⓒ TELEGRAAF

Tottenham Hotspur's training complex is all about football. The lawns are treated as exclusive pieces of art. Bergwijn and his family are put at ease immediately.

Mourinho is already joking and grinning with top purchases and family
For example by manager José Mourinho, who comes to chat in the meeting room next to the office of club chairman Daniel Levy. The only Dutch word he knows? "Unbelievable." "Because Louis van Gaal said that about 200 times every day when we worked together at FC Barcelona," laughs the Portuguese coach. The greeting with his latest top purchase is cordial. Just like his new teammates like Jan Vertonghen and Michel Vorm came to chat and put the family at ease.

"I have always looked up to a top coach like Mourinho. And now I'm going to play for him, "Bergwijn realizes a moment later. "It's great to be here. Just look at the facilities around us. When I play on the Playstation Fifa, I almost always choose a team from the Premier League. I look forward to playing in that great atmosphere. "

"I am so happy that I can give this back to my parents"
Mountain wine is lived on this day. First a medical examination at the training complex, then even more tests at hospitals in the city. Nothing is left to chance. Father Steve is not keeping it dry. He spontaneously gets goosebumps when his son puts on the white Spurs shirt for a photo shoot for the first time. "My father used to take me from Almere to Eindhoven and then slept in the car. I know what he did for me. That also applies to my mother. I am so happy that I can give this back to my parents. "

Bergwijn can debut on Sunday. His new employer immediately plays a big match in his own house against the great Emirates Marketing Project. A lot is expected from the nine-time international of Orange, who has not yet talked to national coach Ronald Koeman about his transfer. Nevertheless, he will logically also have time to adapt to his new environment.

"Of course it will take some getting used to, but it will all be alright," he promises. "I think that my physical match is also good in the Premier League. I believe in myself and I really know that I am not there yet. Of course I have played many matches in the Eredivisie. England is a bit different, but I know what I can do. "

A proud Steven Bergwijn poses in front of his parents and brother with the Spurs shirt.

TEL DE TELEGRAAF

Bergwijn knows the ambitions of the current number six of the Premier League, last season at the expense of Ajax Champions League finalist. "I come here to win prizes. So also the Champions League, yes. The club has already shown last year that they can get far. I hope I can show people quickly that I can be important. "

After countless obligations, inspections and a dinner party, the debilitating day is finally over. At the end of this morning, Bergwijn makes his first appearance on the training field with his new teammates. And after an exciting and debilitating week, he is now looking forward to it the most.

The first interviews in London are given.

Ⓒ TELEGRAAF

I'm almost ready to commit 3 and a half minutes to a glitzy youtube HD highlights with dogbrick music, is it an actual signing in January? :eek:

These pictures are all well and good but I won't believe it until some ITK has seen them, read a headline and then posted that it is done on the internet.

Some dutch expert saying he thinks he's the quickest player ever in the dutch league. That'll do me.

Speed and directness is a great asset, and defenders hate it.

With him, Son, Lamela, Lo Celso and N'dombele we suddenly have a team that can go past players not just pass around them (one of the reasons we struggle when a team sits back), and multiple players with that ability means it's very hard for the opposition to stifle by double marking a single player.

Back