• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Squad for 2015-16 season

mazda80

Chris Gunter
Who to keep and Who to sell.

I would say on basis of our current style of play some of the following could be sold of:
Chiriches - Capoue - Dembele - Lennon - Soldado - Adebayor - Kaboul - Paulinho

Capoue - Kaboul - Adebayor and Paulinho needs to be moved on for all parties involved,
there is no reason to keep hold of them when they never play, and for their point they
need to restore their careers.

Chiriches - Lennon - Dembele and Soldado can either go or be keept, they seem to be into the cause and gives their all but there is questionsmark if they fit into the style of play.

Would like to see coming in, types like
Schneiderlin/Hojbjerg type of player to set the play
Depay/Son/Lacazette type of player (perhaps even 2 of these goalscoring midfielders/wingers)
perhaps Reid on a free
perhaps Ings on a free

promote some of the youth. Have hopes especially for Pritchard and could be more will get a chance, Carroll perhaps and even Holtby ?
Fredericks is a good back up for right back and maybe even Dele Alli will play some part.

The future is bright - the future is lillywhite.

Out:

Kaboul
Chiriches
Ade
Lennon
Paulinho
Soldado
Possibly Townsend

Bit too early to speculate as to who would come in, but Schneiderlin would be fantastic, although I think we've missed the boat on him now.

At least one new striker; Berahino, Benteke, Ings or Sakho would be good. I'm sure our scouts can find someone alternative that fits the style of play.

We still need at least one new winger.

Is this what we think would happen or what we would like to see?

I would like to see

Out's:

Lamela
Paulinho
Soldado
Townsend
Kaboul
Adebayor
Lennon

In's:
Pritchard
Alli
Holtby? (has he gone or still just a loan?)

Our team should be

Lloris (Vorm)
Walker (Chiriches & Yedlin)
Dier (Fazio)
Verts (Chiriches)
Rose (Davies)

Bentaleb (Alli)
New ball playing CM (Mason)

A new RF (Pritchard)

Holtby (Dembele)

Eriksen and promote another youngster.

Kane (Berahino and another youngster)

Will get rid of Chiriches if we can bring in a real top class CB and with the way we want our inside forwards to cut in and inter change i think Eriksen would be ideal for that position inter changing with Holtby and our shiny new RF.

If we can bring in a top class CB a top class ball playing CM and a top class RF aswell as keeping Lloris we could easily push on next season.

Out's really depends on who we plan to get in. The obvious are Paulinho, Ade, Lennon, Kaboul, Capoue

Possibles depending on signings: Soldado, Chriches.

We bring in a couple of decent crossers rather keep Soldado for another season, although age is against him in terms of transfer fee's. Chirches is able backup def/RB so again if we bring in another def he could be surplus as I assume Kaboul will be going anyways.

in terms of in's: some pace up front/inside wingers would be nice and a DLP.

Capoue, Kaboul and Adebayor are givens methinks.

Then there is Chiriches and Lennon who look likely

Players like Paulinho and Soldado are maybes

Lamela and Townsend will stay in my opinion

Will Carrol, Pritchard, Holtby and Pritchard be part of the mix?

Lloris - Vorm

Walker - Yedlin/Fredricks
Rose - Davies
Dier - Fazio
Vertonghen - NEW CB

Bentaleb - Alli - Carroll
NEW CM - Mason

Lamela - NEW RWF
Eriksen - Dembele
NEW LWF - Chadli

KANE - NEW CF - NEW CF

NEW CB : would be happy with a Naybet-esque experienced signing in this position, though a young player at the same level of Deir would also be welcome.

NEW CM - Schneiderlin or a Schneiderlin copy i guess is what we require here.

NEW RWF - to seriously challenge for a first team spot rather than be a clear back up to Lamela.

NEW LWF - Rodriguez would be a good shout having worked with MP before and seemingly gettable. I like Chadli but same as with the other side i think
we need a player capable of being first choice to alternate over the season.

NEW CFs - Ings and an experienced older player to play 3rd choice and be happy with that.

Last edited:
Lloris - Vorm

Walker - Yedlin/Fredricks
Rose - Davies
Dier - Fazio
Vertonghen - NEW CB

Bentaleb - Alli - Carroll
NEW CM - Mason

Lamela - NEW RWF
Eriksen - Dembele
NEW LWF - Chadli

KANE - NEW CF - NEW CF

NEW CB : would be happy with a Naybet-esque experienced signing in this position, though a young player at the same level of Deir would also be welcome.

NEW CM - Schneiderlin or a Schneiderlin copy i guess is what we require here.

NEW RWF - to seriously challenge for a first team spot rather than be a clear back up to Lamela.

NEW LWF - Rodriguez would be a good shout having worked with MP before and seemingly gettable. I like Chadli but same as with the other side i think
we need a player capable of being first choice to alternate over the season.

NEW CFs - Ings and an experienced older player to play 3rd choice and be happy with that.

Probably quite accurate, suspect that Carroll and Pritchard may come back in. Also thing Townsend may stay as well depending on any offers and replacements.

The question is going to be whether we try and get a Schneiderlin and Depay and leave business later in window or just accept we wont get them and go early for somebody more realistic

^ I imagine we'll have several 'targets' for each position and will test the water with each of them initially and it will come down to which deal is most viable (or as Dubaispur will put it - whoever is cheapest ;) )

Will also depend on the outgoings of course.

Ive said this a few times this season but we could have a few big money signing and some very good freebies and upgrade the squad massively IMO.

Out:
Poorlinho - Replace by Alli
Crapoue - Replace by Carroll
Townsend - Replace by Pritchard
Lennon - Replace by Depay for about £20m
Soldado - Replace by Ings for about £5m
Ade - Replace by Berahino for about £18/20m
Kaboul - Replace by Reid on a free
Chriches - Replace by Velovic

Apologies about the spelling..

This would give us IMO a more dynamic base of players and would comfortably pay for itself whilst probably reducing the wage bill.

Yes we wouldn't be buying experience but we would be buying youth, enthusiasm, energy and some quality players IMO

If we could get good money for Lamella id consider it but i feel we should stick with him otherwise

We also could bring in Azzaoui into the set up (not to play at 16) along with 3 or 4 of the others youngsters for Europe and the League Cup

Out:
Paulinho
Soldado
Ade
Kaboul
Lennon
Capoue
Chiriches

Getting good money for these is going to be hard now, we'll take a big hit on Soldado and Paulinho, but I'd hope to see something around £50m for all.

I'm inclinded to give Fazio and Lamela another season, Fazio for the reason being it's only fair he be given a season to adjust, and Lamela because he has age on his side and we'd lose a chunk of money if we let him go now.

With some youngsters ready to knock at the door; I'd be perfectly happy to see Veljkovic, Pritchard and Yedlin get game time next season, but we still need to invest in at least one quality striker, two goal scoring inside forwards, a ball playing midfielder and another central defender.

Some players off the top of my head that could prove good additions, all young and talented and most importantly I'd hope gettable for Spurs.

Geoffrey Kondogbia
Florian Thauvin
Yannick Carrasco
Keita Balde Diao
Simone Scuffet (should we need a new keeper)

^ I imagine we'll have several 'targets' for each position and will test the water with each of them initially and it will come down to which deal is most viable (or as Dubaispur will put it - whoever is cheapest ;) )

Will also depend on the outgoings of course.

Agreed. Hopefully no more "this is the one player we need" flimflam.

What I find quite interesting is how we could potentially continue to replace squad players of decent value with younger players out of the academy/development squad and signed reasonably cheaply already.

Chiriches, Kaboul, Capoue, Paulinho, Dembele, Townsend, Soldado and Adebayor out would raise quite a bit of cash. All are squad players at best and as such wouldn't mean a massive change to our starting 11. Not saying we will or should sell all, just to illustrate a point.

Veljkovic, Yedlin/Fredricks and Carroll into the squad would mean still two players for each of the "back 6" positions in a 4-2-3-1. Ali and Pritchard in to add to Chadli, Eriksen and Lamela would make it 5 players for those 3 positions. Leaving Kane as our only striker.

That could free up a lot of money to go for first choice targets, probably primarily for the "front 6" positions.

Again, not saying we'll make changes at that scale, just highlighting some of the options available for us in replacing either aging, higher value and/or higher wage players with younger players to free up cash for targets from the committee.

-------------------------------------Lloris(Vorm)

Walker(Yedlin)--Fazio(Dier)--Vertonghen(Veljkovic)--Rose(Davies)

---------------------Bentaleb(Stambouli)----------Mason(Alli/Winks)

----Lamela(Townsend)-----Eriksen(Onomah/Pritchard)-------Chadli(Oduwa)

-------------------------------------Kane(Soldado)

Buy = no one
Release = Khumalo, Ceballos, Friedel, Kaboul
Sell = Chiriches, Capoue, Dembele, Carroll, Paulinho, Lennon, Adebayor

-------------------------------------Lloris(Vorm)

Walker(Yedlin)--Fazio(Dier)--Vertonghen(Veljkovic)--Rose(Davies)

---------------------Bentaleb(Stambouli)----------Mason(Alli/Winks)

----Lamela(Townsend)-----Eriksen(Onomah/Pritchard)-------Chadli(Oduwa)

-------------------------------------Kane(Soldado)

Buy = no one
Release = Khumalo, Ceballos, Friedel, Kaboul
Sell = Chiriches, Capoue, Dembele, Carroll, Paulinho, Lennon, Adebayor

By a fairly conservative estimate that would free up £35+ in transfer fees (probably quite a bit more) along with hundreds of thousands of pounds a week off the wage budget. I think our transfer committee could do good work with that kind of money.

Would love to see us go for 1-2 top quality players that can step right into the starting 11 or at least the squad and compete for places with the established players. Then spend some money on 2-3 young players ready to fight for a place in the team.

Oh, and I don't think Soldado is our man. And we also need a third option up front I think.

By a fairly conservative estimate that would free up £35+ in transfer fees (probably quite a bit more) along with hundreds of thousands of pounds a week off the wage budget. I think our transfer committee could do good work with that kind of money.

Would love to see us go for 1-2 top quality players that can step right into the starting 11 or at least the squad and compete for places with the established players. Then spend some money on 2-3 young players ready to fight for a place in the team.

Oh, and I don't think Soldado is our man. And we also need a third option up front I think.

Just direct that £35-50m + wages to the stadium fund. It's the best thing for the club if we think about the medium rather than the short term

We've had far too high a turnover of players this past few seasons. Lets just develop this young squad and bring through the Veljkovic, Winks, Alli, Onomah and Oduwa cohort, instead of signing more mediocre journeymen.

I wouldn't mind replacing Soldado with Ings. I would also like to see Baldini and Mitchell go and pick up a pair of 17-18 year old CFs for the academy who can fight it out to be our 3rd striker. That would do me for incomings though

Just direct that £35-50m + wages to the stadium fund. It's the best thing for the club if we think about the medium rather than the short term

We've had far too high a turnover of players this past few seasons. Lets just develop this young squad and bring through the Veljkovic, Winks, Alli, Onomah and Oduwa cohort, instead of signing more mediocre journeymen.

I wouldn't mind replacing Soldado with Ings. I would also like to see Baldini and Mitchell go and pick up a pair of 17-18 year old CFs for the academy who can fight it out to be our 3rd striker. That would do me for incomings though

We've had some failed signings, but we've also had some very good signings. No reason to give up. I think the stadium plan is plodding along nicely without having to finance it with player sales at this point in time. Our signings last summer have been solid squad players at worst, despite being fairly cheap.

Ings would be good I think. But there are others too... Yes we're trying to develop youngsters, but let's not get one dimensional about it. A couple of first team players coming in won't hurt our player development I think, and it might also help it.

The rumours were that we have got Reid on a free, so we could quite conceivably lose both Kaboul and Chiriches and be in a better condition. Should Vertonghen leave then we will likely get around £10-15 million which could be put into buying someone else of quality, though I would hate to see that happen as I want a settled back four next year.

I'd like to see us move to having a similar shape to what Poch had at Southampton, so basically having more of a three in midfield. Camacho from Malaga was a name we were linked with last week and a midfield containing him, Bentaleb and Eriksen would be great, especially as I think it would get more from both Bentaleb and Eriksen. I think we lack a lot of pace in the front line and the two additions to the lineup would be Berahino and a player like Depay who we could give a lot of freedom to. Kane has been great as a #9, but a lot of people have talked up his game playing as a #10. This system would let him do a bit of both with Berahino and Depay looking to run into the space left behind.

Pritchard, Alli, Mason, Stambouli and Lamela/Chadli could all do a job in quite a few of those positions.

For me we have to mix the development of our own with a top up of quality from outside

We have seen this year that talent given a chance can thrive

We have to make long term decisions now with every player coming into the squad IMO. We have an incredibly young team as it is and personally I love that. No more mercenaries please... Give me hungry players who will improve with us and improve us

The rumours were that we have got Reid on a free, so we could quite conceivably lose both Kaboul and Chiriches and be in a better condition. Should Vertonghen leave then we will likely get around £10-15 million which could be put into buying someone else of quality, though I would hate to see that happen as I want a settled back four next year.

I'd like to see us move to having a similar shape to what Poch had at Southampton, so basically having more of a three in midfield. Camacho from Malaga was a name we were linked with last week and a midfield containing him, Bentaleb and Eriksen would be great, especially as I think it would get more from both Bentaleb and Eriksen. I think we lack a lot of pace in the front line and the two additions to the lineup would be Berahino and a player like Depay who we could give a lot of freedom to. Kane has been great as a #9, but a lot of people have talked up his game playing as a #10. This system would let him do a bit of both with Berahino and Depay looking to run into the space left behind.

Pritchard, Alli, Mason, Stambouli and Lamela/Chadli could all do a job in quite a few of those positions.

Right now I can't see Reid going anywhere else

I'd love us to do a deal now for Depay who has everything we need imo (but i did say the same about lamella)

Pritchard is the one im excited about as he has all the tools to excel under Poch from what I've seen

I wrote in another thread the other day, but I was told at the weekend by someone with links to the Tunisian national side that we've signed Abdennour for CB, not Reid.

I wrote in another thread the other day, but I was told at the weekend by someone with links to the Tunisian national side that we've signed Abdennour for CB, not Reid.
Might be the case but he did only sign a contract with Monaco last season so he would cost money and has no experience of this league

Back