• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

#SpursAtWembley #OwnTheArch

minnow

Andy Turner
I saw the hashtag - but didn't realise it was going to do this!
Get tweeting!

http://www.thedrum.com/news/2015/02/23/famous-wembley-arch-be-lit-chelsea-and-spurs-twitter-fans

The Football League is giving football fans on Twitter around the world the chance to decide the colour of the famous Wembley arch as part of a unique first in the build up to Sunday’s Capital One Cup Final between Chelsea and Tottenham Hotspur.

The innovative social media vote is the first time the iconic Wembley arch has been utilised in such a way to let fans decide how the national stadium looks ahead of a major Cup Final. It will also be the first time it has ever been lit up in a football club’s colours.

The League is tracking the use of two designated hashtags on Twitter throughout this week - #ChelseaAtWembley and #SpursAtWembley. The hashtag that receives most use on the social network before 6pm on Saturday will be declared the winner and the arch will be lit up in that club’s colours the night before the Capital One Cup Final.

Updates on the #OwnTheArch vote standings will be provided via the @CapitalOne_Cup Twitter account throughout the week, with the arch itself lit up to show the latest standings from Thursday evening. As well as fans of the two Finalist clubs, supporters of other teams can get involved and vote as to who they think will win the trophy by tweeting the relevant hashtag.​

Of all the things trying to compete for my attention and induce me to give the least tiny fuсk about, even if I had a twаtter account, which I'm pleased to say I don't, this would be way down the list.

Of all the things trying to compete for my attention and induce me to give the least tiny fuсk about, even if I had a twаtter account, which I'm pleased to say I don't, this would be way down the list.
Alright grumpy. Just a bit of fun to build some atmosphere and interest all week. I quite like that they've bothered to do things like this. The ticket is expensive enough that I fancy extracting every little bit of fun out of it that I can this week. Now pass me a zombie Harry Kane mask and print out some bunting why doncha :D

I get a lovely view of the London skyline from the top room. Never thought of seeking out the arch before so will take some pics if we win ;)

Back