• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Spurs team of the last 5 years

Yiddo

Cecil Poynton
After seeing Defoe's Spurs 11 on the OS i was thinking, if you had the chance to create a team from arguably our 2 most successful eras in the league (Harry and AVB) what would your team be? (with subs).

I found it quite difficult as we have had a few really good players in the last 5 years. Mine would be

Lloris

Walker King Verts BAE

Eriksen Sandro Modric

VDV ------- Bale

Berbatov​

My subs

Brad, Kaboul, Dembele, Huddlestone, Lennon, Crouch, Ade

I have probably forgotten a fair few obvious ones but i think that team with that bench would challenge for the titles.

What team would you pick?

Surprised JD didn't even mention Carrick. And Rose at left back oh dear Jermain.

-------------------Lloris---------------------

Walker------King------Woodgate-----Ekotto

Lennon----Sandro-----Modric-------Bale

------------------VdV----------------------

---------------Adebayor-------------------

Basically the side Harry Redknapp almost had.

assuming this is players at their absolute best rather than their average I'd go for

Gomes
Walker
Benni
King
Gallas
Sandro
Modric
Lennon
Bale
VDV
Ade

Oh **** didn't realise that. Did he not get sold the season Redknapp took over? Does it count?

-----------------Lloris-------------------

Walker------King---Woodgate-----BAE

----------Sandro------Modric----------

-----Bale---------VDV---------Erikson

------------------Ade------------------

Last edited:
Surprised JD didn't even mention Carrick. And Rose at left back oh dear Jermain.

For you to call out Defoe for selecting Rose and then only be able to come up with Ekotto just goes to show there wasn't exactly an abundance of great left backs to pick from...

Nailed it. Oh imagine if we had that team out there now...

I'll add my subs: Friedel, Vertonghen, Gallas, Thudd, Lennon, Berbatov (Berba was very close to making the first 11 tbh)

For you to call out Defoe for selecting Rose and then only be able to come up with Ekotto just goes to show there wasn't exactly an abundance of great left backs to pick from...

Ekotto was far better than any of Rose, Naughton, Gilberto, Young Pyo Lee. Easily IMO.

If only... I'd swap Ade for Berbatov and maybe Sandro for Carrick if we were to include Martin Jol' squad too.

Ekotto was far better than any of Rose, Naughton, Gilberto, Young Pyo Lee. Easily IMO.

Christian Ziege was probably the most talented LB I can remember Spurs having in the Premier League era, shame he was so injury prone.

Xtra - all-time PL Spurs team - the result 9 July 2012 - News - tottenhamhotspur.com :-k
Your all-time Premier League XI...

Goalkeeper: Paul Robinson
Right-back: Kyle Walker
Centre-back: Ledley King
Centre-back: Sol Campbell
Left-back: Benoit Assou-Ekotto
Right midfield: Aaron Lennon
Centre midfield: Luka Modric
Centre midfield: Scott Parker
Left midfield: Gareth Bale
Striker: Jurgen Klinsmann
Striker: Teddy Sheringham

We had over 50,000 votes over eight polls, so thanks to everyone who took time to vote.

I'd say it was basically the 11/12 team but with Lloris in for Brad. People forget how good Parker was for all but the run-in of that season. He kept Sandro out the team.

_________________Lloris

____Walker___Kaboul___King___Ekotto

_____________Parker__Modric

____Lennon________VDV________Bale

________________Adebayor

Do you remember Ekottos first season for Spurs? It wasn't all that, certainly no better than what is Rose's first proper season for us. Ekotto has had a few seasons here, and sometimes he's decent but think Rose is and certainly will prove to be better. Why wasn't PL teams knocking down the door to sign Ekotto on loan I wonder? He's at QPR, and certainly not pulling up any trees in the Championship either....

ekotto became a very good lb at spurs but I agree about his first season, he was an absolute liability, remember him laying it off to an arsenal player on the edge of our box gifting them a goal

Subs -> Brad, Vert, Kaboul, Lennon, Carrick, Berbs, Keane

That side would win **** for sure .. CL spot on a stroll, probably title contenders

Interestingly, I think if Harry had just Lloris & Sandro added to his team at the same time, we would have had CL each year.

Lloris

Walker
King
Woodgate
BAE

Sandro

Bale
Modric
Lennon

Ade

Berba

subs: Gomes, Defoe, Keane, VDV, The Prince, Kaboul, Paulinho

A lot to choose from to be fair…I'd have Ade and Berba drifting and swapping off for the deeper role as they wished…I think the above side (and subs) could win a lot of silverware…Harry had such a great side...

Back